Just entering third trimester... got backpain... ouch!

eque_price

Mother of 2
Reaction score
Hey All

I have just begun my 28th week! I am very excited although I do have a real pain in the 'butt' going on. I am finding that I am getting rather moderate to severe lower back pain. Mainly found just to the left of my tailbone and last night it began to radiate down my left leg. It is getting worse esp. in the evening and just about immobilizes me. I am guessing that it is ciatica starting up (I have been told this is common in late pregnancy cause of where the baby is laying). Do you agree and if so do you have any ideas to relieve it. Can it get so painful that I will have to go off from work on early sick leave? Who else is experiencing this? Will a chiropractor do any good since they can not crack your lower back or should I just get regular messages? Any advice would be great!

Thanks a ton. I appreciate it.

Third trimester newbie...

Sarah

I was just doing some research on the net and out that my backpain is more likely to be Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP)...

https://www.babycenter.ca/pregnancy...calhealth/pelvicgirdlepain/?printFriendly=yes

Does anybody else have this and how did you deal with it?

Cheers!

Sarah

Have you seen the MW about it?

Im 32 weeks - I ache & struggle its madness! Has got worse over time. from what I get from the girls the sooner things like this are spotted the better it could be to get some help relieve the problem.

Hey All

I have just begun my 28th week! I am very excited although I do have a real pain in the 'butt' going on. I am finding that I am getting rather moderate to severe lower back pain. Mainly found just to the left of my tailbone and last night it began to radiate down my left leg. It is getting worse esp. in the evening and just about immobilizes me. I am guessing that it is ciatica starting up (I have been told this is common in late pregnancy cause of where the baby is laying). Do you agree and if so do you have any ideas to relieve it. Can it get so painful that I will have to go off from work on early sick leave? Who else is experiencing this? Will a chiropractor do any good since they can not crack your lower back or should I just get regular messages? Any advice would be great!

Thanks a ton. I appreciate it.

Third trimester newbie...

Sarah

Hiya, does tha pain go thru your bum cheek too? If so this could very easily be ciatica but there is also a chance it could be something else, I would get it checked out by your MW hun as it is very uncomfortable and if there is anything they can suggest that can help, than all the better!

I did some aquafitness the other day and that helped. According to my research PGP is afton misdiagnosed as sciatica.I will definitly have to enquire about it. The pain does shot into my tush. Esp when I sit up! I do know walking makes it worse. All the aches and pains of pregnancy... it must be just prep for delivery :loopy:... lol... fun, fun...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->