Just feeling sorry for myself

BlueWater

Reaction score
everone around me is either buying a house, getting married or having babies. All the things I want. I just feel so sad. Like I want all them things. I feel a bit envious :cry: and I'm not an envious person.

I would love to make 2014 my year :thumbup:

I feel so sorry for myself. (And on Christmas Eve as well)

How can I get myself out of this horrible feeling. And feeling positive about myself and the future?

Just a rant

everone around me is either buying a house, getting married or having babies. All the things I want. I just feel so sad. Like I want all them things. I feel a bit envious :cry: and I'm not an envious person.

How can I get myself out of this horrible feeling. And feeling positive about myself and the future?

Just a rant

:hugs: All of my friends are doing the same and it's a bit disheartening to watch from the sidelines. I understand how you feel. I've already got a LO, but watching my friend have her second child and knowing I won't be able to do that for a bit makes me...I guess "sad" but I'm not sure if that is the appropriate word.

I've found that shifting my focus tends to help. Right now, I am focused on being accepted into an internship for graduate school. If I get this internship and finish school within the next year, we will be that much closer to accomplishing what we want to accomplish before adding #2. Is there something you can focus, like a more immediate goal that you can work on achieving? At least that would shift your focus for a bit and when you're done accomplishing that, you'll be that much closer to TTC.

Just a rant

:hugs: All of my friends are doing the same and it's a bit disheartening to watch from the sidelines. I understand how you feel. I've already got a LO, but watching my friend have her second child and knowing I won't be able to do that for a bit makes me...I guess "sad" but I'm not sure if that is the appropriate word.

I've found that shifting my focus tends to help. Right now, I am focused on being accepted into an internship for graduate school. If I get this internship and finish school within the next year, we will be that much closer to accomplishing what we want to accomplish before adding #2. Is there something you can focus, like a more immediate goal that you can work on achieving? At least that would shift your focus for a bit and when you're done accomplishing that, you'll be that much closer to TTC.

I guess come February my focus will be to focus on my degree. And once I've achieved that, like you say I'll be much closer. But at the moment I've still got this feeling, where I'm like I want it to be my turn already!

I feel exactly the same way. I have 2 friends (including my best friend) who just had babies this month and a large chunk of my friends have bought houses in the last year- both things I'm dying to have. It can be super hard to be happy for others when they're getting what you want. And then I know I always feel like a bad person for feeling that way. But I think it's totally normal. I haven't really figured out a great solution but I have found that what helps me is 2 things. I'll try to focus on one of my hobbies since that way I'm doing something productive or focus working on things that get me closer to my goal. Like last month I was researching prenatal vitamins and thinking about how I could get myself physically ready for a baby.

I feel exactly the same way. I have 2 friends (including my best friend) who just had babies this month and a large chunk of my friends have bought houses in the last year- both things I'm dying to have. It can be super hard to be happy for others when they're getting what you want. And then I know I always feel like a bad person for feeling that way. But I think it's totally normal. I haven't really figured out a great solution but I have found that what helps me is 2 things. I'll try to focus on one of my hobbies since that way I'm doing something productive or focus working on things that get me closer to my goal. Like last month I was researching prenatal vitamins and thinking about how I could get myself physically ready for a baby.

I know right. My friend told me she's bought a house. And then the next day another friend told me she got engaged. And I wanted to be happy, I really did. And I mean fair play to both of them. But it still makes me stop and think about my life. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere in life. I don't know whether that's like 'keeping up with next door' kind of attitude.
But, I think it's mainly because I want to start my own little family.

I know right. My friend told me she's bought a house. And then the next day another friend told me she got engaged. And I wanted to be happy, I really did. And I mean fair play to both of them. But it still makes me stop and think about my life. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere in life. I don't know whether that's like 'keeping up with next door' kind of attitude. But, I think it's mainly because I want to start my own little family.

It'll happen! Waiting is so hard but it'll happen. When the last set of friends to get engaged before we did announced it I don't even know if I said congratulations. And then I felt terrible but it's only natural when you feel like your life is dragging. I know I've used the exact same phrase about not getting anywhere. Just try to remember that you guys are doing things on your time and not anyone else's.

I know right. My friend told me she's bought a house. And then the next day another friend told me she got engaged. And I wanted to be happy, I really did. And I mean fair play to both of them. But it still makes me stop and think about my life. I feel like I'm not getting anywhere in life. I don't know whether that's like 'keeping up with next door' kind of attitude. But, I think it's mainly because I want to start my own little family.

It'll happen! Waiting is so hard but it'll happen. When the last set of friends to get engaged before we did announced it I don't even know if I said congratulations. And then I felt terrible but it's only natural when you feel like your life is dragging. I know I've used the exact same phrase about not getting anywhere. Just try to remember that you guys are doing things on your time and not anyone else's.

Thanx!! :thumbup:

Yeah, I'm sure I didn't say congratulations, but I didn't mean to not say it. It's so strange, like I was about to say it but then something overtook me!! I know it sounds silly. :shrug:

But honestly, coming on BnB is really helping. So much support! :hugs:

It was just at the time I was like "noooooo, what am I doing wrong!"

But I'm glad I'm waiting. So OH and I will get there in our own time. For me personally, I'm using WTT time as a little personal journey. To make me 'stronger' mentally, when we start our family. and that's whats now keeping me going.

I'm glad at times like this, I have BnB!

P.S. another person made an announcement (on facebook) of their friend getting engaged, then my whole news feed is covered with people and their babies or babies-to-be. Oh think I'm just going to deactivate my facebook! :haha:

Yup, I hear you! We've done the house and wedding part but we've waited aaaaages before having a baby and it feels like I am the last person out there with no pregnancy announcement or scan photo or bump that can be attributed to an impending birth... I joined BnB with a similar WTT timeline as you and it felt like forever, now we are really close to TTC and I can't wait. People said all the time oh it'll happen, time will fly etc. time didn't fly but it passed, keeping busy with work helped me heaps and really focusing on getting into shape for baby and living healthily.

PS really good friends of ours announced a pregnancy when they were eight weeks... I just couldn't get excited and I felt so bad about it, however the closer I've come to our time the more interested I've become and I know that could be perceived as being selfish but I really couldn't change how I felt. Just trying to say, all normal!

Good things come to those who wait :flower:

We all have our own personal journeys and plans. You are on track for yours, and I'm sure it will all start happening before you know it! It's such an awful feeling though, I hope it passes for you soon :hugs:

PS really good friends of ours announced a pregnancy when they were eight weeks... I just couldn't get excited and I felt so bad about it, however the closer I've come to our time the more interested I've become and I know that could be perceived as being selfish but I really couldn't change how I felt. Just trying to say, all normal!

Yep, totally normal! I had the hardest time feeling excited for anyone else's weddings (after I felt ready to be married) until I was planning my own. I wanted to but I just couldn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->