Just for fun - How long into your relationship did you hit "the milestones"

Your age: 22
Partners age: 22
Age met: 17
How did you meet: in a pub on a night out on 7th november 2008, i knew all of his friends from my college classes except him!
First date: we met up every friday night in the same pub, then i went round to his house for a party on boxing day, we went for meals in groups but the first time we went to eat together just us two was at mcdonalds!
Made it official: boxing day 2008
Moved in together: hopefully this year, buying a house together! he has been at uni the past 4 years
Engagement: hopefully soon!
Wedding: we talked about around august 2016
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: May after we get back from our orlando holiday :)

Your age: 31

Partners age: 31

Age met: 13

How did you meet: At highschool, then again in 2001 at a computer course

First date: I don't think we had one!

Made it official: December 12th 2001 with our first kiss

Moved in together: Right away...maybe a couple weeks after we got together

Engagement: Not into marriage

Wedding: Neeeeeveeeeer

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Started TTC right away, took many years. This will be #3 (his idea)

Your age: 27
Partners age: 49
Age met: me 21 him 43
How did you meet: We worked together.
First date: Picked me up in his audi TT (my fav car at the time, swoon), drove me to his house and made me my fav cocktail. Took me out for a meal at a thai restaurant.
Made it official: A few weeks later after meeting one of my friends, on the drive home he asked me if it meant I was now his girlfriend.
Moved in together: After 6 months. He went to thailand for kickboxing and said he was missing me so much he wanted me to move in with him when he got back to the UK.
Engagement: On my 23rd birthday
Wedding: September 2012
TTC/ Plan to ttc #2: Later this year, DS #1 will be 4 next month.

Your age: 26
Partners age: 26
Age met: technically about 8, but started "going out" at 17
How did you meet: school
First date: We didn't really date but we "hooked up" in a night club in our home town lol, we were texting beforehand I had a crush on him for a while :blush: we arranged to meet up, we had the same group of friends but never spoke lol.
Made it official: In true high school style that night in the club he asked me to be his girlfriend, nearly 9 years ago!
Moved in together: The first time was 3 years into our relationship for about 8 months but then he left for the military, "properly" was about 6 years into the relationship!
Engagement: 2 days after our 5th anniversary
Wedding: 2 months before our 6th anniversary
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: found out just before our 5th anniversary (was a busy year!) then we had DS2 after 8 years together. Not sure about #3 yet....

Your age: 25 (26 in March :happydance:)

Partners age: 28 (29 in March)

Age met: 21 (actually 16, but a long story)

How did you meet: After our first meeting at age 16 we lost contact and in 2010 I saw him on facebook and invited him. We then started chatting everyday.

First date: We went for pizza and ice skating afterwards. He then took me to the smaller airport close by and we shared a kiss outside whilst looking onto the runway and as we kissed an airplane took off. Just like in the movies................

Made it official: Haha very unromantic. A week after we met we went out for the day and as we drove home he just said to me "so by the way, just in case you are wondering where we are standing with each other in about 6 months time, according to me we are dating" lol

Moved in together: practically the first day :blush: But officially a month later.

Engagement: We got engaged on the 2nd of August 2011

Wedding: We got married soon after on the 20th of October 2011

TTC #2: We are currently trying. I sadly lost our baby on the 4th of December last year and I am just waiting for first af.

Your age: 29
Partners age: 30
Age met: 22/23
How did you meet: In a club on a night out. We had a mutual friend - my neighbour who I was out with is his old school friend.
First date: The week after we first met, 2007. We went for a meal on the coast on a hot summer's evening, and both came home with a lot of mosquito bites!
Made it official: A couple of weeks after the first date.
Moved in together: Just under 2 years after we got together.
Engagement: On our 4 year anniversary in Aug 2011
Wedding: the day after our 6 year anniversary in Aug 2013
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Hopefully May 2014 although we have put the date back several times already due to things progressing quickly in my career and it not really being a good time to head off to have a baby... Hopefully May 2014 although I could see it being Jan 2015 too.. :(

Ahhh fab idea :)
Your age: 27
Partners age: 30
Age met: 20
How did you meet: he dated my friend haha! They broke up, she treated him really bad, and we became best friends.
First date: out for dinner in our local village, I didn't realise at the time that it was a date...
Made it official: August 2009, I went on holiday with my dad and realised I couldnt bear being away from him
Moved in together: Quite quickly, in December 2009
Engagement: quickly again really, June 2010
Wedding: August 2011
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: we had number one in November 2012, I'd like to ttc number 2 towards the middle-end of this year

Your age: 31
Partners age: 31

Age met: Both 25

How did you meet: In early 2008 - he was a grad student finishing up in the same department I was starting a postdoc in.

First date: May 9, 2008. We knew he was leaving at the end of the summer to start a postdoc on the other side of the country, so we were planning on a summer romance without any commitment, and kept it on the down low in the department.

Made it official: November 16, 2009. After a year of calls/visits/emails, we made the long-distance east-coast/west-coast thing official. Then I moved to California in March 2010 and we were only an hour apart.

Moved in together: Unofficially, March 2011, when he broke his leg badly and needed around-the-clock care. Officially, May 2011 when I gave up my lease and moved into his apartment.

Engagement: May 5th, 2012.

Wedding: June 8 and July 14, 2013.

TTC: February 2014!! Given that a bunch of things seemed to have happened in May over the years (didn't realise until just now, writing it all down!), maybe that's when we'll fall pregnant?!

Your age: 28
Partners age: 28
Age met: 16

How did you meet: At school. He started hanging out with my friends

First date: Ermm... I'm not sure what out first 'official' date was. i can't remember. Opps!

Made it official: 4 days after my 18th birthday. After months of him asking, I finally agreed. We'd spent the day at the seaside, and when we were at the pub that night, he asked me again. And this time I said yes.

Moved in together: Aged 21. So after 3 years together. We went to different universities but moved in after I graduated. He took a year longer because he was doing his masters degree.

Engagement: Aged 19. We'd been together about 20 months
Wedding: 4 days after my 23rd birthday. 5 years together exactly at that point.

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1:We were 24 when we started TTC, but it took over a year for me to get pregnant. So LO wasn't born until I was 26.

Partners age: 29
Age met: 19/22
How did you meet: We were both volunteers at the Winterfest concert in Lynchburg, VA for New Year 2006/2007
First date: I kind of ruined it. He asked me to a movie, and I didn't know it was supposed to be a date so I invited a friend along. I was a bit oblivious.... He was such a good sport about it though, and even offered to pay for her ticket too.
Made it official: Valentine's Day, 2007. This was also our ACTUAL first date (he made it clear in advance this time it was intended to be a date). He picked me up in the morning for my college classes and had a box of chocolates, roses, and a teddy bear waiting for me. That evening, he took me to a movie, a nice dinner, and then out for dessert at Coldstone, where he asked if we could make it official. This also happened to be my first real date, ever.<3
Moved in together: The day we got married.
Engagement: He proposed at midnight on New Year's 2009/2010 at the Winterfest concert in the same spot that we met with my entire family present while my favorite band (Skillet) was playing. Yeah, he did good. Winterfest is kind of a tradition for us now.
Wedding: It was a small (family only) garden wedding at The Carlyle House in Old Town Alexandria, VA April 30, 2012.
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Good question. If it were up to just me, we would already be TTC.

Your age: 25 in two months also!

Age met: I was 20 and he was 24

How did you meet: At a bar- through friends.

First date: I don't remember, haha.

Made it official: On his parent's 25th anniversary "wedding"- November 2009

Moved in together: February 2012 (almost 2.5 years together)

Engagement: November 11, 2011 (2 years together)

Wedding: January 2013 (just under 3.5 years together)

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: February/March 2015 (5.5 years together)

Partners age: 26

Age met: both 16

How did you meet: In school. I sat in front of him in our college biology class.

First date: He had just moved to my hometown. We went with a friend of his from his old school to see Jeepers Creepers 2 (terrible movie lol).

Made it official: The first time was driving home from the movie. He broke up with me a couple weeks later. Then we became best friends
On 12/02/2003 he asked me if I was ready to try again. I said yes, he kissed me for the first time and it started to snow :) Still one of my favorite memories.

Moved in together: a few weeks before we got married, when the lease of my apartment was up.

Engagement: 02/09/2007

Wedding: 12/22/2007. We were 20 years old and had been together just over 4 years. At this point though we had our house, I had graduated college (and was starting masters), DH was a year out from graduating and we had our first jobs lined up.

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We started TTC in May 2013 and were blessed to fall pregnant in the third cycle. We've been together 10 years, married 6. Hoping to start TTC #2 when this one is a little over 2 so there is a 3 year age gap.

Your age: 28
Partners age: 27
Age met: 18
How did you meet: In college, freshman year.
First date: Hanging out in the dorm, watching a movie.
Made it official: About two weeks after meeting, a week before my birthday.
Moved in together: After college graduation, we moved into a friends basement. A few months later, before the wedding, we got our first apartment. (2009)
Engagement: 2007
Wedding: June 12 2009
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We had #1! #2 TTC in a few months, hopefully!

Your age: 35
Partners age:35
Age met: 28
How did you meet: We were both stopping by McDonald's to grab some breakfast and we started talking. He was also in his uniform...I just love a man in blue...
First date: He took me to lunch the next day
Made it official: three months after we started dating.
Moved in together: 2010 after our son was born.
Engagement: July 2012
Wedding: September 15, 0213
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: after my mirena is removed.....

Your age: 33
Partners age:36
Age met: me 31, OH 34
How did you meet: In pub, my friend knows his brother
First date: dinner and drinks a couple of weeks later (took me that long to agree as he was divorced with 4 kids)
Made it official: couple of months later
Moved in together: November 2012 (1 year together)
Engagement: November 2013 (exactly 2 years together)
Wedding: 27th September 2014 :happydance:
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: OH hopefully having a vasectomy reversal in the next couple of months, then NTNP until wedding and then TTC

Your Age: 22 (turn 23 in May)
Partner's Age: 27 (turns 28 in June)
Age Met: 21, 26
How did you meet: He's my best friend's uncle. I was staying with my best friend for a bit and she invited him over.
First date: Um...well, when my friend invited him over, he didn't leave. :haha: We were together constantly from that day on.
Made it official: July 4, 2012...we broke up a month or so later, stayed friends, and started dating again January 1, 2014 :happydance:
Moved in together: Plan on it in October 2014
Engagement: Unknown...we've talked about it, though, so it's definitely in the cards for us. :thumbup:
Wedding: Someday...
TTC: In October 2014. We will be TTC for my fourth and his first. :baby:

Your age: 30
Age met: I was 23 and he was 21
How did you meet: I used to work with his brother so we met through him
First date: um... we didn't have one
Made it official: Two months after we met, on my 24th birthday
Moved in together: A year and two months
Engagement: 9 months
Wedding: One year and 10 months
TTC/ Plan to ttc #2: I'm hoping it will be after the summer holidays. At the moment he's saying no to number 2

Your age: 24
Partners age: 24
Age met: 13
How did you meet: A high school football game we were in 8th grade.
Engagement: April 2010 (4 months)
Wedding: June 19th 2010 (3 1/2 years)
Moved in together: We moved in together after we were married.
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Probably in another 1 1/2 to 2 years when my husband has his associates.

Your age: 22
Partners age: 23
Age met: 15, 16
How did you meet: we lived a street away from each other without knowing and we used to make eyes at each other as I was walking home from school and he was walking to what I later learned to be work. I got a job at the local IGA and that turned out to be where he worked, so we worked together.
First date: never had one, we were friends for a long time and just used to hang out. It went on like that for a few years haha.
Made it official: 25/01/09
Moved in together: end of October 2010, so after 19 months.
Engagement: 16/08/12
Wedding: 16/03/14!!!
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We just started with this cycle. :)

I tried to do this earlier but messed up and everything got deleted. Bleh.

Your age: I am 26
Partners age: He is 27. We are actually a year and 3 days apart :p
Age met: I was 24.
How did you meet: We actually met on OKCupid. He sent me a message on there simply saying "I like you!" It was really cool because literally a day or two before that I had decided to stop "looking" for a guy and asked God to just lead me where He wanted me to be. Anyway, we talked for about a week online and on the phone before deciding to meet up.
First date: He met me with my friends at this thing called First Fridays. It's a monthly event in Phoenix where all the downtown art galleries open up. Cute trolleys take you around, food trucks are out, people set up booths for their homemade goods and whatnot. It's a neat place to go. It was actually raining that night. It went pretty well :p
Made it official: I don't think we really had an official thing like that. However, we knew maybe after a couple weeks that we would be getting married. Friends and family knew that we were "meant to be."
Moved in together: We actually moved in about 3 months before getting married out of necessity. Another milestone - we waited till the wedding night to have sex :).
Engagement: We were already engaged, but we made it official on February 16 of 2013 at Olive Garden :p. Even though I knew he was going to ask (he was so nervous), I still cried when he gave me the ring. LOL the waiter was like "what.. why are you crying? what did you do!"
Wedding: It was December 8, 2012 :)
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We are planning to TTC our first (and last -God willing -adoption:D) baby September 2013

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->