Just for fun - How long into your relationship did you hit "the milestones"

Your age: 26
Partners age: 25
Age met: 12 and 13
How did you meet: His parents were friends of my mother's partner.
First date: 19- drove around the Coromandel
Made it official: 19- about a month of quasi dating.
Moved in together: on date of marriage
Engagement: 2 years
Wedding: 4 years
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We will be 13 years into our relationship, 9 years into our marriage.

Partners age: 31
Age met: me 17, him 22
How did you meet: my big cousin (and best friend) married his big brother. I was bridesmaid and he was an usher/groomsman.
First date: to the cinema to watch "white noise" on my sisters recommendation. It was truly the worst film any of us has ever seen and my sister has never been allowed to forget about it lol.
Made it official: 27th January 2005, a week or so after our first date.
Moved in together: I moved into his flat on 13th February 2010, and we started renting our first house together in April 2011.
Engagement: 4th June 2008, after just over 3 years together.
Wedding: 29th March 2014... 10 weeks and counting - eek!
TTC/ Plan to ttc #3: we planned to wait until our youngest is in nursery, but it's looking like we may TTC after the wedding.

Nice idea!

Your age: 29 next month
Age met: 17
How did you meet: On a night out, though we went to the same school so I recognised him. He had two black eyes and a broken nose and I asked how it happened!
First date: Can't remember!
Made it official: On a night out, he introduced me as his girlfriend to his friend and we had the talk.
Moved in together: Three years later
Engagement: Eight years later. In New York (it was amazing)
Wedding: On our 10 year anniversary
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We had DD a year before the wedding

Your age: 24
Partners age: 28
Age met: I was 22 he was 25
How did you meet: We met at a graduation party for a mutual friend that we both almost didn't go to!
First date a day on his boat at his parent's lake house and then dinner and a movie
Made it official: a couple weeks later before going on a date when he asked if I "wanted to be exclusive" haha
Moved in together: after about 8 months
Engagement: Our 2nd Christmas together (1.5 ish into relationship)
Wedding: October 26, 2013
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: officially in April/May but we aren't preventing now :-D

Partners age: 25 (26 in May)

How did you meet: We met through a mutual friend and I also switched to the high school he was going to and he called dibs on me LOL

First date: We were Seniors in High School so it mainly consisted on of us hanging out together on our lunch break.
Made it official: February 4th, 2006

Moved in together: I ended up moving in with him and his parents a month after we started dating :fool: Thinking back on it i cannot believe his parents agreed to it! lol But his dad LOVES me and I became the daughter he always wanted. OH, His Step brother, and Step mom used to make me ask his dad for things because they knew he wouldn't say no to me.

Engagement: He didn't ever really proposed because I knew he bought a ring lol (We share a bank account)

Wedding: July 23rd, 2011

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We started TTCing as soon as we got married. I had 3 MC's before finally getting my sticky bean! DD was born 8/8/12! We will TTC #2 this summer!

Your age: 22
Partners age: 26
Age met: 20 and 24
How did you meet: In a club
First date: A local restaurant
Made it official: After two and a half months
Moved in together: At 8 months
Engagement: Not yet
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: coming off the pill in November and NTNP from then

Your age: 23 next month
Partners age: 23
How did you meet: i became friends with his best friends girl friend and they introduced us.
First date: where i am from you don't really "date" especially at 17 but we did go out to the movies after a few weeks of meeting one another so i guess that counts. that was around may 2008
Made it official: June 15 2008
moved in together: the december that year
Engagement: christmas day 2012
Wedding: 9th feb 2014!!! 3 19 days away!!!
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: August this year

Partners age: 24

Age met: 16 & 18

How did you meet: at a concert :dohh:

First date: Cinema & dinner

Made it official: Week after first date

Moved in together: Summer 2011 can't remember the month

Engagement: Not yet

Wedding: not yet

TTC : hopefully the summer of 2015

I love this! This is so fun and I love reading everyone else's!

Your age: 23
Partners age: 24 (will be 25 in May)
Age met: 18
How did you meet: Through friends on a trip to a water park

First date: Dinner and bowling. He kept trying to kiss me during bowling! Haha
Made it official: a week later at the renfest
Moved in together: After year one
Engagement: Christmas 2010
Wedding: August 2012
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: at least 2 more years if I'm not pregnant right now. Lol long story.

Your age: 36
Partners age: 38
Age met: 35 and 37
How did you meet: On a dating website lol, which is funny as ive never been into those things before lol! Best thing i have ever done!!! after years of crap and awful relationships including abuse i have finally found my soulmate! he was worth waiting for hes my life xxx i signed up, we messaged and got chatting, met up, never looked back since! <3 <3 <3
First date: We went out for a meal and the rest is history lol
Made it official: about a month after i announced it to everyone but my family knew i was seeing someone and i announced on fb to all my other friends etc although half of them had sussed i was seeing someone because of the posts haha
Moved in together: next month :D :D
Engagement: Christmas 2013 <3
Wedding: TBC
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: we have 6 between us me 3 from previous and him 3 from previous, and really want one together in the next 2 years or so but waiting till 2015/16 but we have to save up as OH has had snip so we are hoping for a sucessful VR fingers crossed xxx

WTT after 5 years of nothing. Will be starting to try again in 14th april :)

Your age: 21 till april 8th
Partners age: 24
Age met: 14 and 16
How did you meet: One of my friends was going to sing in a show at school and he made me audition too as i was with her.
First date: Was at his house, we just watched movies and talked and cuddled.
Made it official: 25th November 2007
Moved in together: April 10th 2008
Engagement: 1st January 2008
Wedding: 17th September 2011, wedding vow renewal 1st June 2013
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Been 5 years 3 months, now on a break until april

Your age: 27
Age met: around 12
How did you meet: Through friends
First date: Dinner and a movie, July 16, 2002
Made it official: July 17, 2002, the day after our first date
Moved in together: April 2005 officially, but I was basically living at his place for 8 months before that.
Engagement: May 2008
Wedding: July 18, 2009
TTC/ Plan to ttc #2: Probably this summer

Partners age: 32

Age met: 21/26

How did you meet: Worked together

First date: Took me to a pub with his friends, then went back to his and watched cruel intentions i think

Made it official: a month later 15th Nov but we use 18th Oct as anniversary :kiss:

Moved in together: about 1 or 2 months after that

Engagement: No sign yet :haha:

Wedding: :shrug:

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Got pregnant in the Feb after we met and just had our 2nd in Oct '13

Everything happened very fast but hey :shrug: when you know you know :flower: :thumbup:

Your age:27
Partners age: 27
Age met: 22
How did you meet: At a bar
First date: Dinner and Arcade
Moved in together: 3 years
Engagement: 1 year
Wedding: 18th August 2012
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: will be 5 1/2 years into our relationship

Your age: 24 in two months!
Partners age: 26 next month
Age met: 16 for me, 18 for him.
How did you meet: His ex-girlfriend actually invited me to join a club he'd been in before he'd graduated. There was a forum (like this one) so everyone in the club could still keep in contact and help the club out.
First date: It was the first time we met offline, at an improv show the school was holding that a mutual friend happened to be in.
Made it official: The first date (October 28/29, 2005). We'd been talking for awhile and the date was to see if we had the same chemistry in person, we did :haha:
Moved in together: November 2008, when he got stationed back stateside.
Engagement: A letter he sent from bootcamp around March 2006.
Wedding: Courthouse with some witnesses, January 11th, 2008.
TTC/ Plan to TTC #1: I've been told 3-5 more years. We're getting our lives in order first, but we both want :yellow: now, it would just be really irresponsible.

Love these things

Your age: 25 2 weeks sun!

Partners age: 27

Age met: I was 14 when first met but weren't a couple till I was 18

How did you meet: at the time he was going out with a girl from school I know and we became friends.

First date: he asked me for a drink one night but I was too hungover from night before.. (I was 18!!) a couple of nights later I asked him of we could do that drink. We sat in Lloyd's and the rest is history

Made it official: About a couple of weeks later.. He just said I like u and yeah.. Lol!

Moved in together: After a year and a couple months.

Engagement: not just yet but lots of talk..

Wedding: we are hoping for maybe 2015 or 2016

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: Just about finished no 2 but ttc no 1 when I was 21

Your age: 25

Age met: I was 20.

How did you meet: We used to work together. He was kind of my boss. lol.

First date: well, the first time we went out together was to a strip club with friends. haha. but we were totally not dating yet. i honestly don't remember our first "date". is that bad?

Made it official: June of 2010.

Moved in together: 6 months after we made it official.

Engagement: december 2012.

Wedding: june 2013.

TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: we conceived our first child a month after getting engaged. lol. what can i say, emotions were high... our son was born october 2013.

Oh, this is fun!!

Your age: 29
Partners age:32 (33 next month)
Age met: I was 24 turning 25, and he just turned 28
How did you meet: Believe it or not... MYSPACE! He was just some annoying guy who tried to talk to me because he thought I was cute, and asked for my AOL screen name so we could chat. We chatted every now and then, and I had no interest in him (never even looked at his pix. I was just out of a relationship and OVER men at this point)
First date: June 25th 2009. He asked me if I wanted to go to lunch. I still never looked at his pix, but decided that before I say yes, I need to see what this guy looked like. I decided he was sexy as hell and I needed to say yes to lunch. lol We met at the cheesecake factory and sat outside and ate, then we caught an early movie "Transformers 2". On the way outta the movie, we both got texts from our friends saying Michael Jackson had just passed. We had so much fun on our date, our second date was the very next day.
Made it official: About 6 months later, when I couldn't deny the fact that I was falling for him, and wanted to be with him.
Moved in together: The day after we got married, August 20, 2012.
Engagement: Not quite there yet ...
Wedding: 8/19/12. Best day of my life :)
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: We have been TTC for 8 months, but after the devastation of last month's AF showing up, I decided we need to NTNP, and just have fun and let whatever happens, happen. Can't wait to have his babies. :)

Age met: 20 and 26
How did you meet: On a dating website. I had just moved back to my hometown and wanted to meet some new people since I didn't know anyone there anymore. I was about to give up on the site when he messaged me. <3
First date: I drove to his house and we stayed in and watched a movie and got to know each other. It was nice, and free, lol.
Made it official: June 16, 2012
Moved in together: July 1, 2012
Engagement: November 2012 (received my official ring proposal on December 31, 2012)
Wedding: We were going to get married September 14, 2013 but decided to hold off because we got pregnant in January 2013 and I didn't want to go down the aisle at 9 months pregnant.
TTC/ Plan to ttc #2: May/June of 2015 or 2016, we're not entirely sure which one yet. DS is only 4 months old right now, so we're mostly waiting for child spacing reasons but also some financial ones and we would like to get married first as we don't want to have to put off our wedding due to being pregnant yet again.

Your age: 25
Partners age: 25 this Friday
Age met: 24
How did you meet: Online
First date: We ate at a Thai restaurant
Made it official: 1 week
Moved in together: 8 months
Engagement: 1 year
Wedding: This summer. so about 1.4 years.ting
TTC/ Plan to ttc #1: In August...so we will be 1.6 years into our relationship! Some people may say it's fast, when you know, you know!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->