• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

just for fun, will you be team yellow?

We were team yellow for #1, I think that's cos we were so convinced it was a girl already...so I guess it's a good thing she was otherwise it would have been a bit of a shock!

I would like to stay team yellow next time, although having all the girls clothes up in the loft, it would be tempting to find out in advance so we're not trying to sort through them during newborn madness!

Having said that, where I live you have to pay and have an extra scan to be told gender. Where in other parts of the UK they tell your for free if you like at 20 week scan. So I think I'd be more tempted to find out if I was given that option...

xx

We found out DD's gender at the 20 week scan and had it confirmed at a 4D scan at 32 weeks. Will probably do the same again. I couldn't cope not knowing! Maybe if we'd been team yellow the first time I could have.

I'm not sure!

We had the sonographer make an educated guess at our 12w scan (we were 14+2) she guessed girl, I was already sure she was a girl, we had it confirmed at 16+6 and again at our 20w scan. Even though the first one was a guess, I feel like I knew from then.

My family were desperate to find out, my OHs family didn't want to find out and neither did my oh. I put my foot down! If I am honest, I would have been disappointed with a boy.

I am in two minds about #2. We have tonnes of girly stuff and next to no neutral so practically finding out would be better. Family etc all felt more bonded to her as we picked her name early.

On the other hand, the only reason I would have been disappointed with a boy last time was because I really wanted a girl at some point. I'd be happy if I had 8 boys now, I just really wanted to replicate the relationship I have with my parents. So this time, I'm happy either way.

Another reason I might stay team yellow is that I developed such a strong image of her in my head (looks, personality etc) and she looks nothing like how I imagined. I feel like the child I bonded with isn't the child I have now. That sounds dreadful, I love my daughter and she is gorgeous and perfect, but I feel like she isn't the baby which grew inside me. I have PND though so that may be why.

Not finding out so team yellow here! We were last time and at times I was desperate to know, but I love the surprise!!

There is just nothing else like that surprise!

Altho, I wanted my dh to tell me if it was boy or girl at the birth, it was in my birth plan...then a student midwife said....it's a girl, but she'd only really seen baby from behind, and then I heard my dh say, it's a boy, definitely all boy!!!! Lol!!! So for a couple of seconds I had no idea, then I looked myself too. Sure enough, boy!!!

Hoping for a girl next time, but if I hear 'it's a boy' again I'll be equally as happy!

I like the idea of keeping it a surprise but in reality I am far too impatient! Plus I like the idea of a gender reveal party.

I like the idea of keeping it a surprise but in reality I am far too impatient! Plus I like the idea of a gender reveal party.

My sil did a gender reveal with cupcakes that she made.They were pink inside letting us know that she was having a girl.

No way I could wait! I want to be stocked up on pink or blue baby clothes.

I'd love to next time but the practicalities of bedrooms means it would be much easier to know in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"