Just for interest - what's your weight loss/gain :-)

Spudtastic

Reaction score
Hi. I'm asking this for interest only as I'm happy with where I'm at with pregnancy weight. I'd just like to find out how others are getting on with weight gain?

I am overweight with a bmi of 27. My midwife is happy with me as she says I have 'extra padding' and I know overweight people can put on less weight during pregnancy.

So at 20 weeks and 2 days I'm at minus 1lb from starting weifht. I haven't had a huge loss from sickness....just 3lbs and have therefore put on 2lb.

With dd I lost 14 lbs and put on a total of 30lbs (so 16lb over start weight). I think the weight piled on in the last tri.

I'm hoping for not more than 22lbs this time but whatever it is I don't mind as long as baby is happy and healthy.

I have no idea I haven't weighed my self I lost a stone by 12 weeks but haven't weighed since x
Last pregnancy I lost a stone and half and then gained 2ish stone I was 8lb above my starting weight and lost 2stone in the five weeks after having him x

My bmi was 22 before pregnancy 19 weeks tomorrow and have put on 7lb! 3 of which have been in the last week as my appetite is really growing! X

How much is a stone in lbs?
I have only gained 3 lbs at 17 weeks so I am happy with that. I usually just gain mostly baby weight and maybe a couple lbs!

Donna - you must have been very busy to lose two stone in five weeks after birth. I lost a stone in sux weeks and thought that was good (not including birth weight loss).

Winterbabies - 1 english stone is 14 lbs which is 6.4kg.

Embeth - my appetite is growing too. I think I'm probably going to start putting the weight on soon.

Pre pregnancy I was about 150. I lost weight steadily after I got pregnant and bottomed out at 139. I'm 20 weeks now and weigh 141. I was slightly overweight before I got pregnant. I have NEVER lost weight in pregnancy before. I wouldn't mind having a total gain (from pre pregnancy) of ten lbs! My past two pregnancies I have had huuuuge gains!

I was 53kg (117lb) when I got pregnant. I am now 59kg (130lbs). Massive weight gain. I have just finished steroids so I am hoping my appetite decreases. I think it is and fluid has gone as I have dropped 1.5 lbs in the last week. I gained 16 lbs with my first baby and 20pounds with my seconds so I normally gain between 1- 1.5 stone. Will see this time around. I feel horrible carrying the extra weight so long as the baby us ok that's the main thing.

I am only 12 weeks but have lost half a stone so far. only due to totally not wanting to eat. Unfortunately my apetite has returned the last 2 days....
my bmi was 32 to start though so I need the loss!

I had a normal BMI pre-pregnancy and have gained 12lbs! Not very happy with that as I had hoped to have a really healthy pregnancy and eat lots of nutritious foods...Well as soon as MS/Food aversions hit that went OUT of the window, I have more takeaway food now that I did before I was pregnant :(

I'm 28+4 and have lost a total of 20lbs, I literally in the last day or 2 finally put back on 1 lb but we will see if it sticks, it might just be water weight ;)

I had a normal BMI pre-pregnancy and have gained 12lbs! Not very happy with that as I had hoped to have a really healthy pregnancy and eat lots of nutritious foods...Well as soon as MS/Food aversions hit that went OUT of the window, I have more takeaway food now that I did before I was pregnant :(

Me too. One of my food aversions is to vegetables especially leafy greens like spinach. Uggg I think I'm going to vomit just writing about them.

Just popping over from 3rd tri to discuss one of my favourite topics. The dreaded weight gain! I'm 30 weeks and have gain a massive 28lb (exactly 2 stone) not particularly happy about it but.....oh well!

Donna - you must have been very busy to lose two stone in five weeks after birth. I lost a stone in sux weeks and thought that was good (not including birth weight loss).

Winterbabies - 1 english stone is 14 lbs which is 6.4kg.

Embeth - my appetite is growing too. I think I'm probably going to start putting the weight on soon.

Oh that was two stone from i weighed at like 38 weeks pregnant I was all bump luckily and obv only really put on baby weight x I piled it all bk on tho lol x

Im 25 weeks and have gained about 12 lb.. Didn't gain anything until about 14 weeks. I'm hoping the weight gain won't continue at this pace though! Eek.

I'm 5'7 and weighted about 125lbs before.
Last time I got weighed was at my 13+6 appointment and I was 133lb. And I've probably gained more since then. I can't stop eating. :haha:

I was a bmi of 21 pre pregnancy. I'm 15 weeks, but have gained 1 lb, but my stomach is visibly bigger. Doesn't make any sense to me, because I look like I gained 10 lbs. I just haven't seen it on the scale. So crazy!

For most of this pregnancy I was losing and gaining the same 2lbs from my starting weight. As of my last appointment at 21 +5 weeks I has gained 2lbs. Not the same 2 I have been juggling.

My last pregnancy I gained in total of 35lbs or so.

I'm 16 weeks. I had lost 12lbs, but have gained back 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->