Just found out have PCO

Staceiz19

Mother of 2, 1 on the way
Reaction score
i just found out today i have polycystic ovaries but apparently not the syndrome as i only have one sign is there much of a difference? im gutted but glad in a way as i may have kinda exagerated the length of time my partner and i have been tryin oh say 18 months when really its 2 months haha but good thing i did now i know early.

lmao!!! i guess streching the truth a looooonggg way does pay off eh? :p

Uhm... there is a difference! I think it's probably easier to treat the polycystic ovaries than to treat the total syndrome.

Some of the symptoms of the actual syndrome are:
Male patterned baldness
Excess hair growth on the face faces, necks, chests, abdomens, and thighs, in women
Acne
Weight gain in upper body, abdomen
High blood pressure
Irregular or absent menstrual periods
Cysts on Ovaries
Infertility or decreased fertility in women
High blood sugar

With just the polycystic ovaries, I believe that Clomid is often a miracle drug. Basically, if they didn't explain why you would have the ovarian cyst, your ovaries start to form follicles each month and the most mature follicle(s) release an egg for ovulation. Polycystic ovaries are formed when those follicles never mature enough to release the egg and the cysts don't dissipate on their own. With Clomid, your body is tricked into thinking it is low on estrogen and goes into overtime making FSH and LH. Those hormones stimulate the ovaries to develop and MATURE the more follicles of better quality. This often causes the ovaries actually release an egg or eggs and the ones released will be more mature and higher quality. The more eggs you release, the higher the chance of conception.

I know that some people have had to go as far as ovarian drilling to assist in egg release... which is where they (in blatant, un-sugar coated terms) poke holes in the ovaries to allow for egg release. I haven't looked into it much, because it always sounds painful. I'm sure it's not as bad as it sounds though. There are videos of it on youtube if you're brave. I truly believe this is something that happens when all other options are tried and failed though.

I don't think you have much to worry about. When do you start discussing treatment?

haha yep does pay off i guess sonya :)

oh wow thats really informative do u suffer from pcos or pco ?
ahh clomid yehh ive heard of that seems good maybe a lil scary cos of the whole "chance of conceiving multiple" lol well that makes me feel alot better .. thanks heaps for that meg x

sorry i forgot to answer ur question, well the doc said he faxed over a referral to the royal womens hospital and they will get back to me by mail could be weeks could be months

My GP thought I had PCOS, based on wonky cycles and being overweight. But, then my bloodwork came back normal and the ultrasound of my ovaries came back normal. So, she retracted my diagnosis! There is really no reason to believe I have it at this point, but boy did I read up on it when I thought I might!

The list of symptoms wasn't off the top of my head, luckily! I just looked for a good PCOS checklist on Google and remembered enough to know which checklists covered the most common symptoms.

The whole scary multiples with Clomid thing... it's only supposed to raise your chances to about 10% for twins. I've rarely seen more than twin pregnancies posted on Clomid success stories pages. I've seen a very rare case of triplets... once or twice total maybe. It's not common to get more than 2, and usually only 1. I took it without much hesitation... my only concern was possible side effects. I'm at a point that I'd take twins if it meant I was done having my children! LOL

Good luck with everything! I hope you get in quickly and they can get you your :bfp:!

oh wow yeh u must have been totally freaked but releieved once you found out they misjudged :)
yeah i noticed you certainly did your homework :p

yeah i guess thats ok but still im even scared of twins haha i like singular at a time atleast lol

yeah im thinkin about taking these 2 natural supplements i was reading on a site it increases your chances from 20-30 % of conceiving to 87.3 % within 1-3 cycles if you bd at the right times and this is for women with mild pcos and even severe pcos (they have different supplements im guessing rangeing from least powerful to more powerful.

thanks! i hope you get your BFP asap too :) and babydust **

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->