Just found out we're pregnant

DJB_Dad2B

Reaction score
I know it's a bad idea to announce this but hopefully the anonymity of a forum is a way for me to let this out without the fear of having to backtrack to friends and family.

My wife and I have been trying for only 6 months (previously I was on a drug called methotrexate for my arthritis which meant we were advised not to try) and she was 5 days late for her period. We got a couple of tests and they showed only a feint line which after lots of Googling suggested "a line is a line".

Went to the docs on Friday and did a test there which also came back as positive (again just a feint line). He estimated we are about 5 weeks pregnant and are due in mid-April 2010.

I am gobsmacked - really chuffed but it feels so surreal at present. We've got our first appointment with the midwife on Friday coming, and I guess from there it will race onwards towards birth...

Sorry for rambling, but I needed to get this off my chest one way or another!

Oh, and...

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats! I just found out I'm getting mine around the same time. Cheers to both of us... maybe with just apple juice instead of champagne though ;)

Congratulations! It's always good to hear wonderful news. I hope to get my BFP sometime soon!

I love Daddy posters!!!!!!!!!! Congrats man! :hugs:

Congrats! It's good to see another dad to be on here :) xx

Congratulations! So glad to an excited daddy on here.

Many congrats -it's so nice to have a dad to be on here sharing the excitement
Well done

Hope your wife has a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->