Just general grr-ness!

Katia-xO

Mummy to 1 & baking #2
Reaction score
Argh, blummin men!
OH decided to tell me the other day that he only let me go off the pill in July to make me 'happy', then that he's glad i'm back on the pill now [have been for 2months] because we 'aren't ready for a baby' and he 'doesn't really want one right now'. Then he made it worse by adding.. 'You're too young to have a baby anyways'. Wtf, I didn't get pregnant in the 4months I wasn't on the pill, so who knows when I'd actually get back to normal and get pregnant - grr he talks rubbish. I know he has a point in that we're not fully ready, but he doesn't realise that people cope fine!
I can't believe how insensitive he's become! :cry:

Oh honey :hug: Even though you must be so upset right now it probably is a good thing that youre not TTC right now if he was only 'letting' you come off your pill to make you happy.But I'm sorry he's being a meanie.. hang out with us in WTT til he's ready..xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you Jen! Yeah, it's a good thing I haven't actually gotten pregnant I think - I now know that it would have secretly peed him off a bit lol. I'm just annoyed that he comes out with the whole bitch so casually when I mentioned coming off the pill in a years time.
Aww, it's people like you that cheer us all up in here :) xx

Thank you sweetie :) So do you have a date now for when youre going to TTC or are you just going to wait and see?
How old are you?(I'm just asking cuz of your OH saying youre too young) xxxx

I'm 17 in a april, i'm just so broody it's unreal lol.. The way I see it is that it's most likely gona take a while to conceive (not got too good of a fertile family history! so many have had m/cs and other problems).. Where then i'd be at least 17, maybe even 18/19 when I had our first baby.
Housing isn't the issue, we're moving in together in March when the house is done up. Finance is slightly an issue until I finish college, but even then there's no guarantee i'll get a full time job then. Nope we haven't set a date, he just said we'd try when he feels he's ready to.
It's all so frustrating lol :( xx

Well I got pregnant with my daughter when I was 18 and had her when I was 19.Obviously there are disadvantages to getting pregnant young but there are advantages too.I hope your boyfriend is ready soon!!You can always PM me if you want to chat/vent xxx

Being 17 is quite young! You've only been with your man for a short while by the looks of your signature too - are you sure he is the one?

I wouldn't consider taking the relationship to the next level with having a baby until he has committed to you either by proposing, or actually getting married as well. Then you know he'll be there for you when you do have a baby.

I'm sure being 17 is different now to when I was 17 about 14 years ago, and I'm sure your friends and family will tell you this too - but you've got a lot of life left. I'm not saying wait til you're 30+ like I am to have your first, but definately give it some thought - if you haven't travelled, then you should! There is alot of world out there, and those experiences will build you into the woman you'll be for life.

Good Luck with whatever you do choose to do though! I'm only speaking from personal experience where most men don't hang around longer than 1 year when you're young! (perhaps that's just me though, lol)

x Timi

I agree with Timid. When I was 16/17 I was also very broody but that changed and I then went off the idea of having kids until about a year ago (I'm 30). I wouldn't dream of patronising you or telling you what to do, but it's worth remembering that there's plenty of time and you might change your mind or discover there are other things you want to do first.

If it really is what you want then good for you and I'm sure you'll be a great mum! But make sure your OH is deffo the one you want to father your children.

Good luck Katia!

All the best whatever you decide to do & I am in the same boat as you in a way as i am also waiting for my OH to be ready...we've decided to wait another two years and I am 8years older than you so you have plenty of time LOL. xx

I can totally sympathise with you.. I'm 18 and i'm broody as hell. I've got university ahead of me but everyday I think about giving it all up to be a mum but I know I could do better for my baby by going to university first. If I get pregnant in the mean time then great but we're not going to force it to happen right now. I hated it when people told me I was too young but there is some truth. I'm trying to babysit for family and friends as often as possible to help me kinda come to terms with the fact I can't really have my own for a good 5+ years. One day, it will be our turn in TTC! See you there in the future :happydance: xx

webbykinskt, I thought my ttc wait was long, bless you!

I'd say wait, you're 17 and trust me the years fly by. I'm 5 years older and 17 was when everything started to speed up. You may resent not waiting, especially as you have only been together 9 months. Trust me, at 17 that isn't long. I'd say in a years time review it. I got with my bf at 17, and we've changed so much every year, grown together, but non the less we've changed!

Eeee, I've not tried to persuade him to because i've thought of everything you've all said.. I'd been mates with him for a year or so before we got together in March, but yeah it's only been a short time! I'm just so darned impatient lol I want so much this year that's virtually impossible to get financially :( which is another reason for waiting. We're waiting until 2010 and then seeing where we are with the house and everything :) I just need to get college out of the way and get a full-time job really! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->