Just had a gender scan done today! :o

Congrats Jitter:flower:

I've been stalking this thread and have to agree that it seems many are letting their hormones get to them:dohh:

I don't see anything wrong with the OP having a gender preference, many people do! I don't personally have any gender preferences (partially because it took me 2 years, 6 IUIs and 2 IVFs to get this far) but don't have anything against people that do. It's not like she said that she hates boys, just that she is happy to be having a girl first and has experienced that people she knows seem to prefer girls and she was wondering about this. Plus she's hoping for a boy next time! It has absolutely nothing to do with anyone that is pregnant with or has had a boy, it's nothing against you or your son(s)! So please stop finding offense where there is none and making it about yourselves and your kids because, again, it's nothing against you or your kid(s).

Rant over.

I'm quite shocked at the 'hormonal' digs on this thread. I assumed this was a place where (mostly) women who were pregnant could talk freely without being accused of being hormonal & getting their knickers in a twist. I thought it was a place where we were all a bit hormonal at times but would let each other off because we're all in the same boat. Aren't we??
I simply have a completely different stance on this than most of you.
But this is a great reminder of why I don't belong to or go on any other forums or social networking websites. Baby & bump is the only one I belong to - Facebook is even a no no for me.
Anyway this thread has lead me to conclude I'll be staying away from sites like this which is a huge shame because I really enjoy chatting on here but don't want to stick around being accused of being hormonal by other women who are supposed to be a support network.
We can't agree all the time but digs like that are just so unnecessary.
This topic has nothing to do with my hormones I disagreed with a really stupid comment & called it out. Simple as that. Remember most of you didn't see the original post as it's heavily edited at this point. I have nothing against gender preference in the slightest but to ask why people hate boys is just ridiculous.
Anyway. ....
Enjoy your babies ladies. I'll most definitely be staying away from now - oh & don't get too hormonal eh!

I think the hormonal thing isn't at all offending, I admit personally the hormones get to me often and that is okay and allowed, it's not an insult so please don't take it that way. I don't think anyone means to personally offend anyone.

There's no need to stay away because you disagree with a post or a few ladies, I'm sure you'll find many more you agree with, there's nothing wrong with disagreeing on some things that's why this website has so many different threads.

So please stay and get all the support you want and need. We all want to help.

I'm quite shocked at the 'hormonal' digs on this thread. I assumed this was a place where (mostly) women who were pregnant could talk freely without being accused of being hormonal & getting their knickers in a twist. I thought it was a place where we were all a bit hormonal at times but would let each other off because we're all in the same boat. Aren't we??
I simply have a completely different stance on this than most of you.
But this is a great reminder of why I don't belong to or go on any other forums or social networking websites. Baby & bump is the only one I belong to - Facebook is even a no no for me.
Anyway this thread has lead me to conclude I'll be staying away from sites like this which is a huge shame because I really enjoy chatting on here but don't want to stick around being accused of being hormonal by other women who are supposed to be a support network.
We can't agree all the time but digs like that are just so unnecessary.
This topic has nothing to do with my hormones I disagreed with a really stupid comment & called it out. Simple as that. Remember most of you didn't see the original post as it's heavily edited at this point. I have nothing against gender preference in the slightest but to ask why people hate boys is just ridiculous.
Anyway. ....
Enjoy your babies ladies. I'll most definitely be staying away from now - oh & don't get too hormonal eh!

I'm sorry but being hormonal doesn't give people license to bully another member that clearly is sorry about the way she expressed herself and has said so a few times. Yet people continue to make digs at her! One would think the women who are bullying her are always perfect and always express themselves perfectly.

And I'm sorry, but being a support network doesn't mean everything someone says or does has to be supported. It's fine to tell someone kindly that they should be careful about how they express themselves but it's not okay to keep making digs at them when they've apologised and rectified their statement! Certain women aren't being supportive of that, they keep making digs at Jitter which is totally unecessary.

That is your choice to leave BnB, I think it's a pity though that once someone called you and a few other ladies out on your behavior that you choose to leave the discussion but found it perfectly alright to keep calling Jitter out when she tried making amends. Sorry but it reeks of hypocrisy and 2 things I can't stand are hypocrisy and bullying. Plus ending your statement with that comment, just wow, very childish and unbecoming of you.

She said she was sorry multiple times, Jesus...I have lost my little girl, I had 3 boys 20, 18 and 12 when my surprise at 40 was a pregnancy it was finally a girl, my Ava....So I have had a loss and NO it does not offend me this thread...Congrats and God Bless XO

I don't know neither of these ladies but it makes me sad that she chose to leave BnB over this. Many other ladies agreed with her so I don't know why she got very hurt but I hope she comes back cause we all need support and BnB is probably the best forum I've ever been on.

Wait, I come back to my thread because I noticed how many posts were made prior to me having a tiny break from it.. Someone is LEAVING over it? Just... Ugh. What?

Thanks to the rest with sticking up for me and congratulating me. I'm grateful entirely to have a child in me, because I knew it'd be very hard for me to in the first place. I'm trying to be a good mum even before baby is born.. Trust me I've been really emotional of late and I have my reasons, I'm scared of pregnancy. Because I have a few complications. It makes me never want to have kids again after this because I don't want my child to go through what they had to go through in my womb again, or all of the different problems I have. It just isn't fair to build-a-baby if my body can hardly handle it. I am so so grateful. No matter what anyone says. No matter how many people tell me they hope I have a girl. Even if it was a boy I'd still be grateful. Knowing how far I had to come to get in this position I'm in right now. Everyone's children are miracles. They are their angels and sunshine.

Jitter it's not your fault hun, she just didn't like others disagreeing with her, but she can't expect everyone to agree with her either.

You're not bad to celebrate having a girl, I've always wanted one and I know many of the ladies here also want girls. Congrats again and I'm sorry you're having complications, just take it easy and a day at a time!

Congratulations 😁 😁

Baby girl due here too 29/8 ❤

Wow you could have the baby on my birthday or my mum's! If you have her a week early or a couple days early :o :happydance:

Jitter it's not your fault hun, she just didn't like others disagreeing with her, but she can't expect everyone to agree with her neither.

You're not bad to celebrate having a girl, I've always wanted one and I know many of the ladies here also want girls. Congrats again and I'm sorry you're having complications, just take it easy and a day at a time!

I haven't really been recommended this but upon reading online I decided to myself I'd spend more time relaxing and try not to do too much. I still really want to do housework and all that, but I have to be careful. I was so confused why people took it the wrong way or blew it way out of proportion.. It's the idea I got from everyone in my real world, It definitely wasn't my idea. I was quite upset it seemed people would prefer girls over boys because it sure seemed that way. I would of loved a boy. Daddy's little boy that will do boy things with daddy but we're getting Mummy's little girl who will hopefully also do boy things with daddy. There's going to be too many girls in this house! Myself, our daughter and our cockatiel Lulu! The only boys are my fiance and our cat Simba. Thanks for sticking up for me darl <3 :hugs:

Nope definitely not your fault Jitter. I don't know if it was my comment that pushed her over the edge or what:shrug: In the end, leaving was her choice because she couldn't take people disagreeing with her and calling her out. I'd say with the way she left, BnB may be better off if she's going to get childish every time people don't agree with her. I find her last remark very telling about who she is as a person!

Sorry you've been having problems with your pregnancy Jitter, I do hope that things get better!

I'd say with the way she left, BnB may be better off if she's going to get childish every time people don't agree with her.

Not replied to this thread yet as I felt it was all a bit silly but seriously? Making remarks like that is out of line. If you disagree that's fine. She left...that's fine too. Why not just leave it at that instead of making equally childish remarks about her departure? :dohh: :shrug:

Had my scan and I'm having a girl too!
Went on a shopping spree to celebrate! And think we have her name picked!

I love Elizabeth! So many nicknames options with it! We've picked Juliette for our baby, I've loved that name for years and years and thought I'd never get to use it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->