Just home from the hospital..

BurtonBaby

Reaction score
It seems like lots of our LO's have been having troubles lately. :sad1:
My mom watched Erica overnight last night and when I went to get her this morning she seemed a little different. I changed her clothes and diaper, and we were all going to go to breakfast. But Erica didn't seem right. I felt her face and she was burning up! I told my mom I had to take her home to check her temp. Rectally it was 101.9 at home, so we went to the ER. There it had gone up to 102.2. She was sleepy, not eating and not doing very well. I was terrified, but thought it might just be an ear infection. They checked her and it wasn't ears or throat or anything. They had to draw blood and do tests, and collect a urine sample. Her white blood cell count came back a little high, so they gave her a shot of antibiotics. We are still waiting for the results of the blood and urine cultures tho. Luckily we were able to take her home, but have to take her back to the doctor first thing in the morning. It was terrifying watching my little girl. She was miserable, and they kept fussing with her. I know they had to, but she hated it. Anyway... I'll update when we get any results from the tests.

Amy, I'm glad you and little Caitlin are home now!

:hugs: I hope everything is ok :hugs:

:hugs:
I do hope she's well, let us know asap!

Thank you girls. We still dont know anything about the tests, hopefully find out first thing in the morning. She has been sleeping on and off and being pretty fussy, but is doing ok. She doesn't wanna be anywhere but in mommy and daddy's arms right now. Its so hard watching her be sick and not being able to do much about it. But her temp has come down a little, so thats a good sign. Thank you so much for your well wishes, I'll update when we know something more. :hug:

:hug: and kisses for little Erica hope everything is alright with her.

:hugs: Hope they find out whats wrong. I know you've been dealing with her not feeling well for a few weeks, Im sure you all are stressed to the max. Is she eatting any better? Sometimes when Noah doesnt eat well I give him ready to feed and he'll take more. just an idea

Thinking of you and Erica :hugs:

Hope you find out what it is and she gets better very soon x

So sorry to hear Erica has been poorly. Get well soon Erica and here's hoping your appointment goes well today xXx

Oh no! Hope Erica is okay. It's so scary when they are sick like that there's nothing much we can do.

:hugs: Hope the appointment goes well and that she is feeling better.

xxx

Thanks girls. We still dont know anything, but have an appt in an hour. I just flipped out on some lady at her pediatricians office. They're sick baby line wasn't working!!! So I called the well baby line and was on hold for 45 mins!!! While they accidentally picked up 3 times and thought I was someone else. Finally I said "Dont you put me on hold! I've been waiting 45 mins and my daughter is sick. Get me a sick baby appt before putting me back on hold!" So thank goodness she did, or we would be finding a new pediatrician today.

Vanessa, she still is eating very little. Yesterday she had a total of 12oz all day. She also prefers the ready to feed I think, because 8 oz were the ready. She has had 3oz since 9:30 last night. She is sleeping right now, but I am going to give her the ready to feed again when I get her up to get ready for the doctors. Thanks for the advice, cause I didn't really realize that was the difference until you mentioned it.

Again, I'll let you know when I know anything. Thanks for the support! It means a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->