Just me with another stupid question (:

bambi93

Reaction score
So My Mom offered to buy us a sterilizing kit with all the bottles and stuff. I'm going to (attempt) breastfeed, do you need certain bottles if I were to express the milk, or are they all the same?

You can get some bottles which are easier for baby to transition between breastfeeding and bottle feeding. There's several brands around aimed at breastfed babies.

I'd avoid buying them if you're planning on breastfeeding.
Xx

I will be honest I got a couple of bottles just in case with lo, but expressing takes ages and it was so much easier to just breast feed, as others said there are some bottles which are meant to be easier to transition such as the breastflow bottles but if you plan to breast feed I wouldn't bother with getting loads of bottles, you create confusion if you use bottles to early any way. I had a steam steriliser and the only times I used it was when lo was ill once and doctor said to give her water and to sterilise things like tethers and even then I used to use the tablets more as then I could give all her toys a good wipe down. If you do want to express if you get an avent breast pump for example their bottles fit on to the expresser. With this lo I would not even bother with expressing. The only reason I got one in first place as dh's family were a bit funny about bf but I used to just leave the room if they were bothered as I couldn't be doing with the time it took to express with lo breast feeding as well

If you're like me you may need bottles when you go back to work, etc. The best I have found are the Tommee Tippee brand bottles, DD never had an issue going from that to breast :) There are some others that are good for transitioning to breast to bottle also, it just has to do with the shape of the nipple

Hi,
With my first I used tommee tippee bottles as was told the shape was best for the transition between the two.
My little one had the bottle with expressed milk from the start because she would not latch properly and I had no problems going going from bottle to breast with her. If I had not expressed in the first few weeks don't think we would have been able to keep the breast feeding up.
I did try the tommee tippee breast pump but found it to not work very well and ended up getting a avent pump, although it used a different bottle we just poured it into a tommee tippee bottle or milk freezer bag!
Electric pumps are a lot quicker then manual ones!
Good luck.

I would agree if get a pump get an electric one the manual ones take so long. The few times lo did have a bottle she had tommy tippee which was fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->