Just saying Hi!

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
So glad i found this bit of the forum, makes me like not such a bad mother.

a bit about me, im 25 and have a 1 yr old son who was a complete surprise baby following a boozy weekend and a forggoten pill.

It wouldnt take a professional to know why i prefer to have boys, as growing up my mum left before i was 6 months old, and we had a strained relationship until i was 12 when i cut her out of my life completly. and alongside a list of various 'step mothers' and poor relationships with any females. Ive always gotten on much better with blokes, and bar my two best mates all my friends all male, ive never been girly, hated pink or dolls and was all about cars and getting dirty (sorry bad sterotyping here...but the truth).

so when we discovered i was preg i have to say i was worried about having a girl, when i dreamed of having kids i always saw myself having boys. Well at the time we had a lot going on, we suudenly had to sort our selves out and buy a house ect ect so al of that took for front of my mind, after a perticully bad week we got a private scan and found out we were expecting a boy...as i walked out of the room i actually cried with a relief i didnt realise i would feel. me and hubby talked it though and realised we were on the same page (he being 1 of 5 boys)...but we spent the rest of the preganacy enjoying it knowing we were getting our son.

fast forward im preg again but with out the distraction of last time the gender of this baby is always on my mind. I worry about it soo much (and im not a worrier). I tried being relaistic knowing there a 50/50 chance, so when i go shopping i look at Girls clothes and toys but none of it gets me excited like the boys stuff, iv tried focusing on more girly activities and girly names but only ever feel dissapointment.

I speak openly with the hubby about it, and to my friends who agree they could only see me with boys (which doesnt help). i just feel bad as im sure we all do...as a happy healthy baby is all that should matter...but that doesnt seem to get through to my brain.

Well i have 5 weeks to go untill we find out and my emotions are a mess, part of me thinks maybe i should stay team yellow...as surley all these feeling will go away when i have my baby in my arms, but other part thinks i should find out asap so i get my self used to the idea and bond with my possible daughter.

well enough of me rambling...hope to get to know you all, hope you all have fab pregnancies.

Hi, I have 3 boys and was happy with 3 boys, like you I never had good female relationships, never very girly, I only have brothers and get on much better with men. Plus boys toys are SO COOL!
But now I find myself desperate for a daughter and so here I am.
I've recently been considering staying team yellow but I'm not sure I can do it. I just want a girl so badly and I'm not sure the feelings will disappear at birth so I need time to prepare.

I hope you get your blue bundle!

Keep in mind though, should you have a girl, you will know how to be a better mother to her than yours was to you. I don't have the best relationship with my mother either and when I'm pregnant, I'm hoping I will also receive a second son because I fear having a daughter!

Oh there's nothing like a daughter! Believe me I only wanted boys, 3 to be exact. Girly stuff would annoy me and I think then to be a tad dramatic ;) lol. When I found out we were having a girl first time I was shocked but super excited! GD never even crossed my mind. Now, I was praying at my gender scan for another girl, praying! I would have been bummed with a boy. After having a daughter I'm so happy I didn't have a boy bc I would then never know what a special mother- daughter bond is. It's soooooo precious. Believe me if you would have a girl this time it would be your biggest blessing... I wish everyone at least 1 daughter xx

Aww I hope you get your 2nd little man Hun, and I'm sure if its a girly you'll make sure you don't make the mistakes your own mum made and have a wonderful relationship with her.
There's nothing like a mother son bond, and I'm sure a mother daughter one will be just as special :)
Keep in touch and let us know :)

Good luck hun, I know what you are feeling. I only wanted boys and was over the moon when I found out my boys were boys at the gender scan. Sounds stupid, but I worried that if I had a daughter, I would be jealous of her and that my husband would love another girl more than me. Sounds crazy, but it just proves that we all have our reasons for desiring one gender over the other. When I was pregnant with DS2, I was so worried about the scan but tried to convince myself it could be a girl(even though I had strong boy suspicions), I think this helped to get used to the idea of possibly having a daughter. Either way, I know I would have loved my child regardless of gender and know you will too. Good luck hun, sending lots of blue dust your way xxx

Cheers ladies for the support, it amazing what our hormones make us feel.

I do hope that if I have a girl then i will have a fantastic relatioship with her, as as some one pointed out i know exactly what not to do.

on the 4 week count down until the gender scan...cant believe how quickly this pregnancy going.

I had GD with my son, but next time around I do prefer a boy oddly :haha: They are just so fun and cute and the mommy/son bond is incredible! We are trying for a girl for my husbands sanity :rofl: but I would be thrilled with all wee boys!!!
If you have daughter, you will just know how to actually have a good relationship with her given your past.

So glad i found this bit of the forum, makes me like not such a bad mother.

a bit about me, im 25 and have a 1 yr old son who was a complete surprise baby following a boozy weekend and a forggoten pill.

It wouldnt take a professional to know why i prefer to have boys, as growing up my mum left before i was 6 months old, and we had a strained relationship until i was 12 when i cut her out of my life completly. and alongside a list of various 'step mothers' and poor relationships with any females. Ive always gotten on much better with blokes, and bar my two best mates all my friends all male, ive never been girly, hated pink or dolls and was all about cars and getting dirty (sorry bad sterotyping here...but the truth).

so when we discovered i was preg i have to say i was worried about having a girl, when i dreamed of having kids i always saw myself having boys. Well at the time we had a lot going on, we suudenly had to sort our selves out and buy a house ect ect so al of that took for front of my mind, after a perticully bad week we got a private scan and found out we were expecting a boy...as i walked out of the room i actually cried with a relief i didnt realise i would feel. me and hubby talked it though and realised we were on the same page (he being 1 of 5 boys)...but we spent the rest of the preganacy enjoying it knowing we were getting our son.

fast forward im preg again but with out the distraction of last time the gender of this baby is always on my mind. I worry about it soo much (and im not a worrier). I tried being relaistic knowing there a 50/50 chance, so when i go shopping i look at Girls clothes and toys but none of it gets me excited like the boys stuff, iv tried focusing on more girly activities and girly names but only ever feel dissapointment.

I speak openly with the hubby about it, and to my friends who agree they could only see me with boys (which doesnt help). i just feel bad as im sure we all do...as a happy healthy baby is all that should matter...but that doesnt seem to get through to my brain.

Well i have 5 weeks to go untill we find out and my emotions are a mess, part of me thinks maybe i should stay team yellow...as surley all these feeling will go away when i have my baby in my arms, but other part thinks i should find out asap so i get my self used to the idea and bond with my possible daughter.

well enough of me rambling...hope to get to know you all, hope you all have fab pregnancies.

Congrats hun. I remember you from last time I was pregnant with my little lad.
Sorry to hear about your troubles hun. Hope you get your little lad. Will love doing a gender guess on your little one. Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->