Just the 2 of us!!

ald

TTC for a very long time!
Reaction score
This year will be my first year ever if not being around my family for christmas, and all over christmas it will just be hubby and I, what sort of things can we do to make the day different and special??

Will have an xmas dinner but not getting a turkey or anything like that as there will just be toooo much meat for the 2 of us.

How about a turkey breast (no bone, can season as you like and roast). Not very much leftover (if at all) and VERY lean and juicy! Or, you could do a small ham roast as well--we've even done pork tenderloin. It's sometimes just the two of us as well, and I make some sort of snack (cheese tray, something like that) so we can munch all day while dinner is roasting, and then I make smaller side dish items like corn pudding, veges and things that we usually have with family. You can cut any recipe down to 2 servings.
I also make a gingerbread cake, or something sweet...

Light the candles, snuggle up with a film and have a wonderful holiday!!!

Me and Oh were on our own last year, we brought one of the ready to roast turkey joints, was plenty for the 2 of us, then has a bit left for turkey sarnies later!! It was our first roast we had done together, and we loved every minute of it, we did everything together from peeling the spuds to slicing the carrots, we had christmas music on, wine, candles, and just enjoyed the day and each others company

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->