Just thought i'd explain my journey & say hello!

hi kika! Its great to meet you and i am very glad you guys managed to put whatever it was behind you. congratulations on your pregnancy! :) xx
In answer to your question I feel boy all over this time. I don't know if it's because Louisa wants a nephew so much and my parents would love a grandson to even the family out so I'm hoping for one or not, but whatever they are I'm just hoping they will be healthy and I don't have to go through hell with them like I did with Sofia.
I noticed Louisa said earlier something about missing home.where are you from/where are you now? Sorry to hear that.
Shara . That's what I ended up doing for Sofia was pumping once I found out I couldn't exclusively feed and I did that for 11 months. You are right . big boobs can make it hard for them to latch on with their tiny mouths and I think that was the problem I had first time around. I fear that lou might have the same problem too because we were both blessed with our mothers huge knockers. Lol :haha: thankgoodness for the option to pump!!

I finally worked out how to upload a photo! I hope it worked :rofl: I think I did it right! x

Yay, Tara, 10 days till testing hey!! Fingers crossed for you this cycle and counting the days till testing day with you. Can't wait till Shara, Kim and Jess tests either!!

Shara, I've not a scan date yet hon :( as of eating I think I eat because I just get crazy hungry and yes I've an excuse to eat now :p I really hope I'd start eating less soon cause I don't want to put on crazy weight (which I'd probably do anyway Grrr).

Tara, these are my questions (also Kim and Shara can answer if they know):

When I get on dh's insurance who do I call for prenatal care? Is it the GP? Or nurse? At the doctor's practice? Or do I have to research midwifes and call one? Or is there a pregnancy centre? Where do I start from?

I totally agree about the cultural differences. I never really given it much thought until I did my MSc Psychology and during one lecture of social psychology the professor gave an example about some tribe where all boys upon entering puberty had to do perform something oral to the tribe chief. I'm so sorry if it's tmi and if someone gets offended, but the point was that most cultures punish such deeds while this tribe had it for centuries and it was normal!! Anywho, lecturer then say that everything we think we know and everything we think it's true it's only culture boundaries that have been set by the government/ chief/ boss so they can exercise their duties/ power/ etc.

And what an eye opener! I know do consider cultural differences and I'm very open to such! I'm not scared to learn anything different BUT I also would like to have the freedom to choose for myself!

Things I'm scared of in USA: I've heard ppl don't get assigned one midwife to go through the process with and many doctors/ midwifes/ etc could come and go and be there in the room while giving birth which kinda spoils the intimacy of the moment. But not a biggy for me.

#2 I've heard they bathe the baby unless you give instructions before hand but even after birth according to whoever happens in the room as might not be the one who you received the instructions you got to be vigilant and make sure the instructions are followed. That's kinda stressful and I realise that my baby won't be washed if I said so but I don't like stressing about whether or not they'll follow instructions :(

In the UK they never wash the baby after birth so less stress about that I think.

# 3 giving baby eye drops in the USA unless you have instructions or remembered to tell/ remind them after you gave birth (and what if it's a c-section)...as it's not an option in the UK again less stress I think.

Vit K and hep b/c shots are mandatory in the USA and opting out is really difficult while they are optional in the UK.

And last but not least, I've heard they draw blood as soon as baby's been born to test for diseases and this blood test in the UK is done a week after the baby's born. So that stressed me too.

Oh and also in the UK the second health assessment for baby in the UK is done 72 hrs after birth and I didn't find any info about such assessment in the USA...

I also support the thinking "if you don't like the country you could always leave". So im just trying to find as much info as possible in order to make my decision :)

Hugs all

Wooooohooooo Jess!! You're catching on quick!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the new siggy!!! cute little bumpkins in an egg, so adorable........

Haha thanks Shara! :) x
kika, is this your nickname or is it your real name? It sounds hawain or something real cute! How did you get the September sweetpeas in your signature? I would love an August one :] and I have to put you guys in my signature too! Oh no not this again :rofl: bare with me.

Would one of you be so kind and list all of your names/ not usernames, rather than me going through old comments and trying to work them all out lol. Shara, kim, Kika are all I know at the moment lol. Xx

Shara, Kim, Kika, Lou Lou, Jess, Tara, Jody --> all of us. No Kika is a nickname but I like to stick to it :) for your August sticker you go to pregnancy forums --> pregnancy groups and discussions --> find the August one it think it's fireflies or something and on the first page of the thread there's the sticker codes that you copy and paste in your siggy. Also if you want your due date to appear there or be a part of the group you ask whoever is in charge to add you in. I know Shara and Kim have opted out but I do sometimes go to the September one and read about ppl's symptoms and stuff :)

Shara, the October owls sticker is so cute! It's basically twin owls --> a boy and a girl! So you! Even if uou don't post there you could have the sticker for sure :) if you like it :)

Yay, Tara, 10 days till testing hey!! Fingers crossed for you this cycle and counting the days till testing day with you. Can't wait till Shara, Kim and Jess tests either!!

Shara, I've not a scan date yet hon :( as of eating I think I eat because I just get crazy hungry and yes I've an excuse to eat now :p I really hope I'd start eating less soon cause I don't want to put on crazy weight (which I'd probably do anyway Grrr).

Tara, these are my questions (also Kim and Shara can answer if they know):

When I get on dh's insurance who do I call for prenatal care? Is it the GP? Or nurse? At the doctor's practice? Or do I have to research midwifes and call one? Or is there a pregnancy centre? Where do I start from?

So you'll call the receptionist!!!! :winkwink: At least in my practice, they will set you up with a nurse practitioner at first who will give you loads of information. She will weigh you, take stats, give you a huge binder and outline your options and answer all your questions. At that visit they will set you up for your first scan. They like to do them early in Rhode Island. My first scan was offered at 6 or 7 weeks. I think I did it at 9 though. Then they set you up with your monthly visits with your OBGYN (doctor).

[/QUOTE]I totally agree about the cultural differences. I never really given it much thought until I did my MSc Psychology and during one lecture of social psychology the professor gave an example about some tribe where all boys upon entering puberty had to do perform something oral to the tribe chief. I'm so sorry if it's tmi and if someone gets offended, but the point was that most cultures punish such deeds while this tribe had it for centuries and it was normal!! Anywho, lecturer then say that everything we think we know and everything we think it's true it's only culture boundaries that have been set by the government/ chief/ boss so they can exercise their duties/ power/ etc.[/QUOTE]

So true, how you're raised is what you know. Although, I do a lot of research and base my decisions on that. I gather you do to. :)

[/QUOTE]And what an eye opener! I know do consider cultural differences and I'm very open to such! I'm not scared to learn anything different BUT I also would like to have the freedom to choose for myself!

Things I'm scared of in USA: I've heard ppl don't get assigned one midwife to go through the process with and many doctors/ midwifes/ etc could come and go and be there in the room while giving birth which kinda spoils the intimacy of the moment. But not a biggy for me.[/QUOTE]

You can go through your whole pregnancy with one midwife. You just need to ask. In my doctor's office, you can see multiple people. I usually stick with one.

[/QUOTE]#2 I've heard they bathe the baby unless you give instructions before hand but even after birth according to whoever happens in the room as might not be the one who you received the instructions you got to be vigilant and make sure the instructions are followed. That's kinda stressful and I realise that my baby won't be washed if I said so but I don't like stressing about whether or not they'll follow instructions :(

In the UK they never wash the baby after birth so less stress about that I think.[/QUOTE]

So here, you just write your birth plan. Make sure you have multiple copies. I had my husband stay with the baby and make sure our wishes were carried out. (I had a C section with Lucy).

[/QUOTE]# 3 giving baby eye drops in the USA unless you have instructions or remembered to tell/ remind them after you gave birth (and what if it's a c-section)...as it's not an option in the UK again less stress I think.

Vit K and hep b/c shots are mandatory in the USA and opting out is really difficult while they are optional in the UK.

And last but not least, I've heard they draw blood as soon as baby's been born to test for diseases and this blood test in the UK is done a week after the baby's born. So that stressed me too.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe Lucy had the eye drops - but other stuff I believe is standard BUT I also know you can push things off.

[/QUOTE]Oh and also in the UK the second health assessment for baby in the UK is done 72 hrs after birth and I didn't find any info about such assessment in the USA...[/QUOTE]

We saw our doctor within 72 hours of taking the baby home. I think that's standard here. Some wait a week. It's up to you though.

Hope this helps! :hugs:

Yeah Kika, that's what I just did!!! I just stole the sticker and kept pushing. I don't know but I'm being a little biased here. The girls on the other forums are just not as friendly and close you we are, and it just feels like we're all in standing in the welfare line :rofl: Nobody really wants to be there, but since we're all in the same boat, why not chat? :rofl: It's horrible. I mean, I can understand why because they don't you personally, but that didn't stop Kim and Louisa from getting to know me in the beginning. :shrug: I'm weird like that I guess...

Yay for sticker Shara, the October Owls are adorable, I showed them to dh and he said awe they are cuter than the pea *haha* he got punched needless to say but I do agree, the boy/girl twin Owls are the sweetest thing!

Thank you, Tara! I don't even have a doctor yet but dh does so as soon as we sort out my health plan I should call his doctors receptionist? Oh, I'll keep you guys posted. We are going to look at insurance options tonight :)

Hugs

Oh I also wanted to say that my fav pregnancy app is pregnancy +

It's free and I've tried a few but this is my fav. Is anyone else using it, if not you should give it try, it's such fun and also very informative ;)

Sorry I'm replying so late to this, but I had to dig into the crevices of apps on this busted phone, but after 20 years I found it lol!!!! And I LOVE IT ALREADY! I only had it 5 minutes. Thanks for the recommendation Kika <3

Kika's back!!! Yay!!! :kiss: :hugs: I sooooo would not worry about overeating right now, my sweet. I mean, you don't want to stuff yourself, but it sounds like you're eating healthy things every couple of hours. That's what I had to do in my 1st tri, too, as it seemed to be the only thing to quell the nausea. And you might remember me mentioning this in a previous post, I actually ended up losing weight! Lil Monkey's actually starting to put on some weight now, though, which means so is Mommy... :blush: Eating small meals/snacks that are healthy about 6 times a day helps with your metabolism, too. Listen to your body and give it what it needs right now. I agree with you, now is definitely not the time to try to lose weight. You gotta make sure that little one is strong and healthy, and s/he will be because s/he was meant to stay! Are you still cramping? How are you feeling otherwise?

Jess, how adorable are your little twins in the ticker?!? Ohmigosh, I want to hug and kiss and squeeze them already! I bet Sofia is soooooo excited!!! And I'm so proud of you for getting your avi pic up! You are a quick learner!!! :thumbup: Speaking of siggys, I need to go add you to mine. We're so glad to have you, honey! <3

Shara, you may be being biased, but I wouldn't know because I am right there with you, sister! It's so true! Our thread is very unique and personable and loving and we really feel like we all know one another. In the big group threads, they move so fast, I just can't keep up! And the ladies are always friendly, but I just don't feel a connection with them like I do you with you ladies. I get everything I need from this thread right here! I may have to go get the sticker codes, though, and at least put it in my siggy. The only thing is that the group is called July Mamas - boringgggggggg!!! I'll see if I can get it in my siggy, though.

Tara, thank you for answering all those healthcare questions for Kika AND charting questions for Louisa. It's been another busy day at work and my head is swimming! And I'm glad you liked my posting format. It's so much easier when you have a long post!

Louisa must be sleeping after her night shift last night. She's been pretty quiet in the past few hours. Louisa, I am always glad to try to help answer questions, but Tara has been doing it much longer than me, so I vote for her to be our honorary temping/charting guru! <3 You are welcome, Tara. :winkwink:

Jodie, where you at, girlie?!? We're missing you again! <3

HAPPY 8 WEEKS KIKA AND HAPPY 5 WEEKS SHARA!!!!!!!!! :wohoo:

OK, I was wrong. My group is called July Song Birds. But the code isn't in the very first post so I don't know how to get it in my siggy. :nope:

Oh, and btw, I think Kika is vying for the spot of chattiest SSM! Is it just me or has anyone else noticed? :winkwink: I love it, Kika, keep it up!

Shara:
About the preseed :rofl: I have just nearly choked on my apple about the slipping off the bed comment!!!!! I am CRYING right now :haha: I totally get you. I'm still a couple days off my fertile window so we only used a little bit last night and we will save the bulk of it for O time. I wasn't keen, felt wayyyyy too wet and slippery :rofl: I know that's kinda the point but yeah... :? :haha:

Kim:
You're right I've been sooo sleepy today! Night shifts take it the hell outta me. Hahaha 'you're welcome tara' :rofl: you're comical!!

Tara:
I wasn't even sure how much of a dip the 'pre-o' dip is meant to be.. Because my temps have been going up and down every day but not durastically :shrug:

Jess I love how I'm LAST in your signature haha biatch! ;) sisterly love I guess!!! And yep I would love a little nephew but would be equally as happy with another niece or 2! Maybe you will get both!!!! <3

Am I the only one who can't see Shara's October Owls in her siggy? :( I've attached a pic of what I see.

Attachments

• Shara Siggy.jpg
    Shara Siggy.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 4
Shara, I really love the app! The only problem I have with it is it can't go up or down, I mean once you're 8 weeks you can't see anything for 7,6,5,4 weeks and you can't have a peek at 9,10, etc weeks either...so I've started taking pics of it. I like the 2d scan pics they show it give you idea what's in there have you had a scan that week! I only got the 7 weeks text and pics so far.

No crams/ contractions here, Kimmy boo, I only had it for 2 days in total, it was really scary cause I could feel my tummy becoming really hard, it was very scary and glad it's gone. I'm a bit worried no other cramps and twinges and no CM yet, no nausea and I'm not taking a nap today. I'm kinda hungry and thirsty and if that's a symptom then I have it :)

I agree the big groups are hard to follow and they don't love us there as much as we love each other here, but I read from time to time and mainly because I need to learn how things work in the USA :) even prams and cots are different from the UK, let alone car seats and baby/maternity clothes ...and the ladies there kinda share where they shop and what they buy so I like that :)

As soon as I'm ready to shop I'll have a thousands questions for your here my sweet ladies and I can't wait for that time :)

I'm quite chatty cause I've no job and I'm so bored during the day :(

I will have the right to work pretty soon --> I think within 90 days of submitting my application for work card but then I'll be 5-6 months pregnant so not sure if I should start a job then?

Lou Lou don't go quiet, we miss you girl, I wanted to comment on your previous post about how there's nothing to do in the winter. I've always done a lot --> rainy, muddy, windy --> we've always been out as long as it's mild. Here on the other hand is so so so so cold -15, I honestly haven't been out since we came back from Vegas. And before Vegas I would hardly go out because of the cold... Although...there's ppl walking in the snow and I can see them through my window ...may be its not the cold and I just been lazy :/

Hmm, I see the Owls, sometimes you need to refresh the page Kimmy boo, it happens to me too--> the box x thing grrr

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->