Just thought i'd explain my journey & say hello!

I'm originally from Chicago but my family is from Mississippi so I'm sure that's where I picked up this "accent".
Just to touch on what you said about the trials and tribulations piece. I definitely feel close to you girls because of how similar we are. Not just with the TTC but just with how we communicate and the way we feel on certain subjects. So many times Kim you would say something and I'm shaking my head like that's exactly how I feel or what I went through!! It's a reason Louisa made this thread and we are the ones that responded. And mind you out of all the ladies on this forum in general, besides Pink, we're the only ones who responded!!! That's more than a coincidence to me. Why it happened that way, I'm not sure but I'm glad it did.

So nice to "meet" you, Jodie! You and your hubby make a cute couple! <3 Also, I am so excited for you! You'll have a bun in the oven in no time now that you know you ovulate 7 days sooner than you thought!!!

Sorry you had to catch up in the convo...it's my fault. I think I'm the "chattiest" out of all of us and if I get behind in the convo, I try to respond to each one of the posts I missed. I'm going to have to learn to post my responses all in one post! :wacko:

I'm doing pretty well today, considering it's FRIDAY and I have the next two days off from work! :D

Kim you're doing so well, it is still early days after your mmc so to still have the odd tear is a lot better than now I coped this soon after :flow: my age at the time probably didn't help, I didn't have a clue HOW to deal with it mainly.

Yeah I meant job wise Jodie :) oh check you out! Go girl. I've been a care assistant since I left school but started training as a registered nurse and I qualify in about 3 weeks :D definitely an emotional job to be in but I love it <3

That's so true shara I didn't think of it like that. I forgot that I was the original thread maker, it feels like all of ours :haha: to be honest I posted the exact same thread in a different section too and I had a LOT more response from that! I think people clicked on this one and saw how friendly we got and probably didn't want to intrude :haha: although that's not the case and were not bitc*es so they shouldn't feel like that :D

Aww thank you!! Definitely lovely to meet you all! I hope so!! Im just a little irritated ive wasted a few months not realising haha!
Oh that's ok! I just posted my previous replies wthout reading everything I had missed first. All in one post is just confusing so don't worry haha! xx

Woohoo!! xx

I'm originally from Chicago but my family is from Mississippi so I'm sure that's where I picked up this "accent".
Just to touch on what you said about the trials and tribulations piece. I definitely feel close to you girls because of how similar we are. Not just with the TTC but just with how we communicate and the way we feel on certain subjects. So many times Kim you would say something and I'm shaking my head like that's exactly how I feel or what I went through!! It's a reason Louisa made this thread and we are the ones that responded. And mind you out of all the ladies on this forum in general, besides Pink, we're the only ones who responded!!! That's more than a coincidence to me. Why it happened that way, I'm not sure but I'm glad it did.

I couldn't have said it better myself, Shara! I feel EXACTLY the same way. Down to it being more than a coincidence and everything! We're all soul-sister-mates! (Get it? A combo of soul sisters and soul mates!) :kiss:

Kim you're doing so well, it is still early days after your mmc so to still have the odd tear is a lot better than now I coped this soon after :flow: my age at the time probably didn't help, I didn't have a clue HOW to deal with it mainly.

Yeah I meant job wise Jodie :) oh check you out! Go girl. I've been a care assistant since I left school but started training as a registered nurse and I qualify in about 3 weeks :D definitely an emotional job to be in but I love it <3

That's so true shara I didn't think of it like that. I forgot that I was the original thread maker, it feels like all of ours :haha: to be honest I posted the exact same thread in a different section too and I had a LOT more response from that! I think people clicked on this one and saw how friendly we got and probably didn't want to intrude :haha: although that's not the case and were not bitc*es so they shouldn't feel like that :D

Aww that's awesome! must be such a rewarding job helping others!

I had to join the thread purely because I noticed how friendly you all are, other threads I looked on seemed like a lot of people in them but not much caring conversations between them all! xx

OMG, I just realized Jodie is in the same boat with us, Shara! She had a positive OPK this morning! Louisa, don't feel left out, honey, we still love you! :winkwink: Jodie, what CD are you on?

Also, Jodie, your job sounds awesome, too! :D :thumbup:

Also, I'm glad to know our convos sound friendly. Other people are more than welcome to join, but it started out just the three of us, so I agree with Louisa and can see how people might not want to intrude.

That's crazy!! haha hopefully we will all get lucky and get BFP's at the same time too! ;-) currently CD14! I HONESTLY thought I ovulated around CD18+ but clearly not haha. This mornings OPK surprised me.. was soo much darker than the control line! What CD are you on Kim + Shara?

I agree with you, people may be a little hesitant but.. COME ON IN and JOIN .. welcoming newcomers!! haha xx

I'm on CD15! I'm not sure how much of the previous posts you were able to get caught up on, but I haven't Od yet. I did get a "Peak" reading on my fertility monitor so it's all systems go for us this weekend, too! :D

Oh that's awesome! Call me dumb but what does peak mean on the fertility monitor? Im only using crappy internet sticks.. cheap but do the job haha! Having cramps today so guessing they are ovulation cramps.. Hopefully!
Lot's of BD'ing for all of us this weekend!! Hubby is working tonight.. luckily we covered the grounds this morning but will be pouncing again tomorrow to make sure haha xx

You're not dumb, hun! If you've never used a fertility monitor, how would you know what it means? ;) Peak means I should be ovulating within the next 48 hours +/-. :happydance: Oh, you're one of the lucky ones who gets a "notification" of sorts about their Os. Shara and Louisa have "notifications" of their own. Not me, I'm the odd man out of the boat with you three in it this time. I don't feel anything different at all. So I definitely rely on the monitor to tell me what's up! :haha:

Oh that sounds cool! Im thinking if the witch shows this month ill be getting one of the monitors rather than sticks.. I was almost certain I had a positive yday but then tested again today and was like " Ok.. THATS what a positive looks like" lol!
Aww, I don't always get a 'notification' but then I didn't actually know when I ovulated before this month so must have been completely ignoring the signs!

Why cant we all have a crystal ball to tell us the month itll happen?! would make it so much easier!! x

I couldn't have said it better myself, Shara! I feel EXACTLY the same way. Down to it being more than a coincidence and everything! We're all soul-sister-mates! (Get it? A combo of soul sisters and soul mates!) :kiss:

Hahahahahahaha I love that Kim. I laughed so hard my cubicle neighbor stood up. Definitely SSMs lol

Oh, Jodie, what a wonderful idea! A crystal ball certainly would make it a lot easier on us, with less stress, and we'd be able to plan for the baby better (financially, etc.)! I'll be posting a pic of the monitor because Louisa wanted to see it, too, so make sure to look for it. :)

SSMs! Love it!!! <3 <3 <3 So glad I make you LOL, Shara! That's what friends do!

Hey, Jodie, I think Louisa missed my question about prams. Did you see her post about that? Do you have prams in the UK? What are they? Also, what does cheeky mean? I put that as my mood but I'm not entirely certain what it means...

haha definitely!! honestly if I could just have something saying "It'll take you .... months ttc, and you will conceive on .. day" That's all I ask for haha.

Yeah prams are pushchairs, buggies, strollers :) Cheeky would just mean silly, naughty that sort of thing xx

OK, I'm glad I asked for clarification! I was thinking she was talking about comforters! Um...not sure if that's what you guys call them...the top blanket on a bed? Also, I am feeling silly, so cheeky describes it perfectly!!!

Sorry I missed that post about the pram thing, I always forget you're in a different country and shara too :haha: yeah prams are strollers to put it the American way ;) I bet I have about 3 when the time comes! I think I've got a pram addiction :haha: I'm actually so excited for my ovulation sticks to turn up! But I'll be convinced that 2 lines definitely means I'm ovulating.. I know the test line has to be as dark as the control line but I'll be worried that I've missed my chance if I don't do it all the time there's 2 lines :haha: god help me!!

No worries at all! I love hearing you guys say different things, it broadens my language horizon, so to speak. :winkwink: I got so happy reading your post, something about having 3 prams made me get that excited feeling in my chest, like a bubble growing that hasn't burst yet! OMG, Jodie's going to think I'm so weird! Maybe not, hopefully y'all know what I'm talking about. That's the best way I know to describe it, like a bubble rising up from the bottom of your lungs and as it gets bigger you think you might shout out with excitement? Tell me it's not just me?!?!

Louisa, you're right, from what I know of you so far, you will definitely be worried about your OPK results! :hugs: But hey, I'm sure you won't hear any complaints from Jesse! :winkwink:

Also, we have duvets here, but they're basically a pretty cover to go over down comforters. So cool learning all these little differences!

And Im not saying at all that other women shouldnt come and "feel the love" and join us. I was just blown away by how many women HAVEN'T!! Normally, like the other thread loads of women respond, that's all. I'm on our threads as well and its 10 women on them that started out like this one. I just comparing our thread and how it has come along compared to those, that's all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->