Just thought i'd explain my journey & say hello!

Yes we call it internet here too Kim.

Oh, I must sound so dumb! What I meant was do you call high school something different over there? I'm pretty sure the internet is called the internet all over the world, even if in another language. lol :winkwink:

OH my gosh Kim hahahaha i'm laughing so hard right now! :haha: :haha: :haha: ... I did wonder if you was on the same planet for a second about the internet thing LOL- my mistake! We call it senior school, and i've never heard of a sophomore in my life :p We have pre-school which you go to as a 2/3 year old until 4 years old when you start infant school. You stay at infants until age 7 when you start junior school and you're there until 11 years old when you start senior school, and then everybody leaves seniors at 16 :) then some people go straight into work, most go to college for 2 years and then some onto uni age 18. That's generally how it works, little bit different eh?! :haha:

I must admit too, there is nothing nicer than coming home from a 12 hour shift and cracking open a bottle of vino! I do love a little drink sometimes but i've heard it's so not good for us baby makers so I have completely cut it out! I'm trying to eat so healthy from now on too :haha: it hasn't gone too well so far lol!! For the smoking etc, I tried it when I was 16 and choked my guts up! then I went through a phase for about 2 months of doing it with my bestie thinking we were so cool, but I could NEVER stick to it! I've got asthma and struggle to jog up the stairs on a good day so I really couldn't even if I wanted to. Never touched a single drug though! but you're right, past is past! things in the past are irrelevant, you're not that person any more :D

What are the ages for things out there ?! Like here we have to be 18 to drink and before we can buy cigarettes but we can smoke and drink before that age if somebody of the age limit buys them (stupid huh!!!) We can start learning to drive at 17, i'd passed by 4 months gone 17 yay!! ;) we can buy a scratch card at 16, have sex at 16 (not that many people listen to that, although I did wait but I didn't think by the tail end of 16 i'd end up with a bun in the oven!!!) :nope:

Glad I gave you a laugh about the internet. :rofl: People tell me I'm funny, and I like making people laugh because it's happy, so thanks for the compliment! :thumbup:

These comparisons are so much fun! I love it! We have preschool here, too, ages 2-4. At age 5, we start elementary school (which is kindergarten through 5th grade) and we're there for 6 years. Then we start middle school (6th grade through 8th grade) and we're there for 3 years. Then comes high school (9th grade through 12th grade) and we're there for 4 years. So most high school students graduate at age 18. It would be SO awesome to be done with school at age 16! High school students here have a title for each grade/year. 9th graders are freshmen, 10th graders are sophomores, 11th graders are juniors and 12th graders are seniors. So that's where the word sophomore came from. :p

What are the ages for things out there ?! Like here we have to be 18 to drink and before we can buy cigarettes but we can smoke and drink before that age if somebody of the age limit buys them (stupid huh!!!) We can start learning to drive at 17, i'd passed by 4 months gone 17 yay!! ;) we can buy a scratch card at 16, have sex at 16 (not that many people listen to that, although I did wait but I didn't think by the tail end of 16 i'd end up with a bun in the oven!!!) :nope:

Are you saying there's a law about when you can start having sex??? That blows my mind! Not here. Kids are having sex younger and younger these days. My mom's job before she retired was helping pregnant women get enrolled for affordable health care throught the state government. The youngest she'd ever seen come in her office pregnant was 12. Can you imagine being pregnant at 12? A 12 year old is still a child herself!

We can start learning to drive at 15 with a learner's permit (which means an adult has to be in the car while you drive), then we can get our driver's license at 16 and drive by ourselves. We can't buy lottery tickets or cigarettes until we're 18 and we can't buy alcohol until we're 21!!! Crazy, huh? :wacko:

Ooooh I see! that's so cool :D I've seen American schools in movies, and if schooling out there is anything like in the movies then I wish I was American for that reason alone (and many many more). Like, have you seen the movie hairspray and (don't laugh :haha:) high school musical?! One of my favourite films and I'm not far off my twenties :haha: I LOVE the mood the film puts me in! Like the lockers in the corridors in the school, and the way they all go running out so happy?! Is it really like that? Here, our schools are so tiny compared to yours. I remember being in a taxi driving past a school in Miami actually and we couldn't believe it was a SCHOOL! the building was far too nice to be a school. And even the police station we saw?! God, you want to see ours over here!! Aw, talking about the US puts me in such a good mood, really wish I was American :nope: grrrr at you two! Haha :D

Yep the law for sex is 16, it's crazy. I think it's more set in place for things like if a male interferes with a female before that age then he's screwed and vice versa. A pregnant 12 year old is absolutely outrageous! I doubt it would of been through choice though I guess, it's normally the result of rape or something :( 12 is definitely still a baby themselves. I know people will say that about me when they find out I'm pregnant, that I'm still a kid myself bla bla bla. But I think only you know if you're ready, you can just feel it! Some people want it a lot sooner than others I guess :pink: :blue:

Hey Ladies!! Hope you don't mind me joining, but this seems like such a friendly chatty thread!!
A little about me.. Im 20years old, from the UK. Just Married. Been together for 6 years. Hubby is 23, we have been ttc #1 for a year next month. This month we are trying SMEP plan and currently awaiting hubby to get home from work to DTD after a positive ovulation test today!!

Definitely agree with Loola, people judge far too quickly when it comes to age. We all know when we are ready!! xx

Hey pink :)
We are friendly girls over this way definitely! it's weird how close you can get to 2 strangers in such short time! I love this thread, you're more than welcome to join in with our daily chats :flow: we're all in it for the same reasons after all ;)

Where abouts in the uk are you from?

Yay! Thank you :) It is indeed! we are all in the same/similar situations.. its rather difficult to discuss (for me anyway) with any friends or family.. they just don't seem to understand! I love this site.. keeps me somewhat sane!!

Im from Cardiff :) ooh see youre from London! Not seen many others from the UK here! x

I know how you feel! None of my family or friends know that were ttc, were just going to tell them when it has happened because as you said they just don't understand. Oooh my god mum is from Cardiff, lives in Swansea now though. I've been to phwelli/Porthmadog but that's about it haha. Well I'm from the outskirts of London really, about 25 minutes out but it's much easier to put London as everyone knows it :haha: do you have gender preferences or anything? I'm so excited, I just want a positive test so so bad. I had a mmc 2 years ago though, so I really am so paranoid that I'll never be able to have a successful pregnancy. I think anyone who's suffered a loss is scared of the same deep down! At my 12 week scan I saw just a shape on the screen that was obviously lifeless so the thought of seeing a moving baby just seems worlds away :( I will literally be in tears before I even get in the ultrasound room that day, put it that way. Positive thoughts though, I know we'll all be fine :)

Same here! We have told close friends but as none of them have ever actually ttc.. some have been lucky and had 'surprises' so none know the struggle of it all!
Aw cool! I love London, my Uncle & Aunt live near Gatwick actually!
We have had 2 mmcs so gender real doesn't bother us just as long as we get our healthy sticky bean!
Aww im so sorry to hear that! MC's are horrible! I know how you feel.. seems like we will never get pregnant or know what its like to actually have a baby!! seriously at this point we do feel as though it'll never happen!
But yes like you said POSITIVE thoughts!! It will happen for all of us! <3

Ttc is a struggle actually but I've only just started. I was on the pill when I got pregnant last time so I have no idea how it happened so easily when precautions were taken?! The shock of my life put it that way. I literally live in gatwick airport haha I feel like I'm never out of the place! My dad is Turkish so i go out there whenever I get the chance and time off work :D free holidays!!! Kim and shara (the other 2 ladies in the thread) want to come one day, hop along aswell ;) yeah that's exactly how we feel regarding the gender tbh, I think anyone who's suffered a loss would say the same. A sticky healthy baby is all that matters! I would love a girl deep down I can't deny it, we have so many names for girls aswell but I would be over the moon either way! Xx

FX'd that it wont take long for you! this will be our 12 month actually TTC, but we have been NTNP for about 3 years. Have been sticking to the 'Sperm meets the egg' plan for the first time this month so hope that works for us!

Oooh a holiday sounds lovely!! So lucky! Im on board! (no pun intended ;-) )

To be honest I would love a girl too, but either way we will be happy! Aww I seen your thread about names.. the ones you have picked out are super cute! xx

Everyone is doing the SMEP, I might have to try it if all else fails this month! Last cycle was a nightmare for me though. I've always had 28 day cycles and last month was 35 days before AF showed up. I honestly thought I was pregnant aswell, had the worst fatigue and hot sweats. But kept testing negative and then the witch turned up :nope: that's something we never want to see isn't it! Do you use opk's? I need to start using them as I now have no idea when I ovulate as my cycles are a undefined length haha! Women huh?! Who'd be one! :haha: aww thanks I liked your names too. We've spoken about names on this thread quite a bit, in fact there's not much we haven't spoken about :haha: I think work takes it's toll on ttc plans a little bit. I find myself way too tired to BD some nights :( what do you do? Xx

Hi, Pink! Welcome to the thread! We are definitely friendly and chatty here, and by reading your posts, I think you'll fit right in! <3 It seems like the 4 of us have a lot in common! :D

Here's my story... My name is Kim. I'm 33, my hubs is 36. We've been together for almost 15 years (I was 18, he was 21) and married for almost 5 of those 15. I got off the pill September 2013 and we started TTC in November 2013. I got a BFP in May 2014 but had an MMC and D&C in June, at 11 weeks. I was due December 24, Christmas Eve! Last month we started TTC again after taking a 3-month break.

You'll love this thread; this is always the first one I come to in the mornings, to check in with my girls!

Kim, I was due December 23rd!!! How strange is that?! It's fair to say Christmas 2012 was a pretty grim one for me and Christmas 2013 was the same for you?! :( they say 1 in 4 first pregnancies end in a loss of some sort, so here's to the second pregnancy for us all!!! <3

Actually, I was due December 24 this year. I can only imagine how it will play out, but my guess is it'll be much like yours, grim and definitely tears shed. :cry: How crazy is it that our due dates were only one day (and 2 years) apart though? Such a coincidence! Here here to our 2nd pregnancies! :hugs:

Oh yeah, course it was this year. Don't know what's wrong with me today :haha: I'm not with it - hormones!! :nope: bless you Kim. I was in such a bad way for quite a long time after mine, a good 6 or 7 months! But it fades more and more, by the time a year has passed it does become more of a horrible memory although you'll never forget don't get me wrong <3

Love the new pic, hun! And no worries, I completely understand about the hormones! <3

Also, I have good news! EWCF!!! :happydance:

I miss Shara! Where is she? :(

Haha thankyou ;) shows my craziness! Yay yay yay yay YAY for EW!!!! :D I'm guessing shara is still at work, I miss her too :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->