• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just thought i'd explain my journey & say hello!

I did miss that, Louisa...boo! Why did they push Jess' scan back? That really sucks! :( When is the new scan date? It already seems like it takes forever for the gender scan date to arrive, but then for them to push it back, too? Ugh! :growlmad:

It is definitely surreal!!! And yes, I never thought this day would come! I will always mourn the loss of my angel, but having this strong, healthy little boy growing inside me definitely helps take away a bit of the pain. One day very soon, you will know EXACTLY what I mean. :hugs:

I still haven't felt him move yet, but today I found out why - I have an anterior placenta. That basically means he's behind the placenta, so it acts as a cushion between his kicks and punches and makes them harder for me to feel, so it'll take a little longer to feel his movements.

Ahhh!! I can't believe I forgot to tell y'all! After having given up on my Doppler weeks ago, I finally broke it back out on Valentine's Day to try to listen to his heartbeat - and we heard it!!! <3 It was the most beautiful sound! So the anterior placenta was also the reason I wasn't able to pick up the heartbeat when I was trying at 14 weeks.

SHARA!!!! Where are you, jellybean??? We need to hear from you ASAP! You know you're worrying your SSMs sick!

Oh why can't there be anyone else on here to hear your amazing news! :blue: shara tara kika jodie, it's dangerously quiet lately :(

That's absolutely amazing to hear that you heard his heart beating on the dopler and that DOES explain why you haven't felt movement etc, ATLEAST now you know there's no cause for concern regarding movement but it should be days now until you do feel movement! Nearly 20 weeks :wohoo:

Jess is pretty pissed about the scan, she did post earlier but didn't mention it so I did lol it's now on the 12th March (I think) which sucks but as I said things could be much worse :D i suppose it's not a bad thing because there's always a risk of baby having its legs closed and an even bigger risk with two of them, and they might not have even been able to tell so soon although her original date was the absolute earliest they thought they'd have a chance at gender reveals so I guess those couple weeks later won't be such a bad thing, there might be more chance of seeing! Although jess being jess is already ringing around other local private ultrasound clinics to try and rebook somewhere else, she was so excited for that day to come bless her. We'll see what happens. Jess's husband thinks that one baby will be a girl atleast if not two, I really don't know what to think :rofl: and judging by today I suck at this game so I won't even put in my pennies worth hahhaa :haha:

I really am genuinely worried about shara! Any other day I wouldn't think into it so much but she is unusually quiet and today of all days, nah! I don't like that at all :(

Oh, remember I told you about my mums best friends daughter who's baby had brain damage and they only found it at 6 months? Today is the day she has to give birth to her poor sleeping angel :( I can't get her out of my mind! So sorry if my posts don't seem like myself, I didn't want to bring the mood down by saying anything but we're ssm's and that's what we do right? :hugs: they have to inject first to end the poor little girls short life and then kick start labour, I just keep bursting into tears thinking about it. Firstly that poor baby who hasn't seen light of day and the mum who knows full well that all the pain she's going through is to deliver her first daughter sleeping :cry: ohhhhhh life! It can be such a cruel place can't it. It's 11pm here so it's probably all happened by now. They named her Amelia scarlett :( Anyway I just wanted to say that, but lets focus on the good news and hopefully shara's when she finally posts - our little snail! :D

congratulations kim! <3 I was right woohoooo a blue bump, I knew it!!! So very happy for you and hubs ! And your scan sounded amazing , every mothers dream to sail straight through it and you did just that ! Xxx
Very sad that Shara hasn't posted though :( really hope all is ok !
Louisa I kept thinking about poor Claire too it was playing on my mind all day , very very sad and barbaric xx

Guys , louisa , I haven't even told you yet but wait for it .... I'm having a 3D scan to hopefully but not definitely find out the sexes of these babies !!! :happydance: it's not 100% that it will work out since its still very early but it's 3D and we have a good chance of finding out atleast one of their genders ! My appointment is at 3pm but I have to be there for 2:15 to drink 4 cups of water so I need to leave shortly ! I thought I would keep it a surprise lou <3 the absolute earliest they said they have a chance of seeing is 13 weeks so I thought why not I'll book it! I did measure a week ahead at my scan , so in theory I'm nearly 14 weeks rather than 13 :) so I'm due 22nd rather than 30th August now but I haven't changed my ticker as this whole experience is confusing me lol , dates changing , 2 babies genders not just 1! Major baby brain going on. will update you later !!

Jess, that is WONDERFUL!!! And so exciting!!! :D Good luck and please let us know how it goes as soon as you can! <3 P.S. Great work on your siggys, by the way!

Oh, Louisa. Claire's situation makes me want to cry. I cannot imagine knowing my child would be sleeping when delivered. Just like you said, to think of all the pain she will go through just to deliver little Amelia, and then not have her to take home? :nope: My heart is absolutely broken for Claire. Have you heard any updates from your mom? How is Claire doing?

I am so so SO worried about Shara. Why hasn't she been on to share her good news?!? I can't help but wonder if something went wrong. :( Why else would it take her so long to post? I'm praying that is NOT the case, and that everything went perfectly, she just hasn't had a chance to get on yet. I'm so nervous, and wish she'd let us know what's going on! :?

I wish Jodie and Tara would check in, too. I'd love for them to find out about my little :blue: monkey! I hope they are doing well, and Kika, too, but I'm not expecting her to check in for quite some time. Just like you said, Louisa, the board has gone dangerously quiet, and I don't like it one bit at all!

Ok i am literally sitting my phone right now for jess to call lol :rofl: I am so freakin excited!!!!!! :wohoo: :wohoo: :wohoo:

Kim I really hoped I'd wake up to a post from shara that she posted late last night and I really do hope she just didn't get a chance to post yet, I am so worried something went wrong too I think its a natural worry when someone takes so long to post! :(

Tara did actually comment on a different post of mine (about preseed or conceive plus) so she does still come on here :( I wish she would come say hey here though! <3

I know right kim .. It's absolutely sad beyond words :cry: Claire delivered at 9 something PM so quite late last night apparently she's just perfect but sleeping as I said, I just can't imagine :cry: poor poooor lady. Jess and I are gonna take her round some flowers whenever she feels like seeing people which naturally won't be for a long time so we will probably just get them delivered.

Today I've got really bad cramps :( I can't help but think it's AF preparation although stilll early for that so maybe not but that's he verdict for today anyway :D

I hope they are able to determine the gender of both babies today! That would be sooooo awesome!!! I can hardly wait to hear from her, so I know you must be climbing the walls! :wacko:

What cycle day are you on, hun? How many DPO? And when is AF supposed to show? Let's hope your cramps are not related to :witch:!!! I want you to get that :bfp: SOOOOOOOOO BADDDDDD!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS I KNOW WHAT THE TWINS GENDERS AREEEEEE!!!!! <3
It's not my place to say but jess will sign in shortly!!!! Eeeeeh <3 :wohoo: best news ever :happydance:

I wasn't sure when my cycle started properly this month so CD1 didn't actually have a set date because I had spotting then full flow on and off, but that lasted 8 or 9 days so I don't have a clue what's what, but according to my chart I'm 5dpo and only cd28 of 34/35 so it would be unusual to get pains related to AF so soon! :shrug:

Oh my goodness , ladies ! that was just magical!!!
Ok so first , we saw both genders !!! And secondly they're identical which almost always means same gender and in this case is right because were having identical twin .......

GIRLS !!!!! :pink: :baby: :wohoo: I am taken back by today , 3d scans are amazing they were both super active and one looked like she was swinging from tree to tree like a monkey so I'm beginning to believe that these also need the nicknames of girl monkey 1 and girl monkey 2!!!! I'm so happy , 2 more girls ! I'm beginning to believe that I only produce girls lol , I'm so so so so happy ! Xxx

AHHHHH!!! Jess, congratulations!!! 2 more beautiful baby girls!!! That is so wonderful! <3 I am grinning like a fool in front of my computer over here! Did they give you pics? You must post them if so!!! Have you told Sofia she'll have 2 baby sisters? How'd she take the news? She will be such a good big sister, I just know it!

And I absolutely love that you have your own little "monkeys"!!! So stinkin' cute!!! :twingirls:

This may be a silly question, and I apologize if so, but how can they tell when twins are identical and when they're not? Identical means they split from the same egg into 2 eggs, right?

Thank you kim !!! Xx
I'm not entirely sure how they can tell , a family member who has twin boys said it takes a good sonographer to be able to tell and especially this early but she luckily noticed straight away and was able to tell their genders pretty quick too :D I'm over the moon to say the least ! She went to print pictures and then it was something to do with their machine as to why she couldn't print them so they have kept the photos on my file and going to put them in the post :wohoo: I cannot believe it ! And same as you kim , they were both measuring perfectly and both had good strong heart beats . I felt that amazing feeling that I did with sofia all over again and like you did yesterday <3 it's surreal

Also lou I know we spoke about this earlier when I saw you anyway but I'll say it again on here to see if anyone else can compare to it , yes I did have cramping both times way before my period was due but it was worse with sofia since I knew that there was a chance I could be pregnant so I was looking out for signs I guess where's as this time the girls were growing inside me way before i knew so even if I did have cramping this time I wouldn't of thought it was due to pregnancy if that makes sense. I so hope this is it for you and jesse lil sis! Like kim , I want this for you both so so bad ! To be pregnant at the same time would be amazing and I'm so proud of you for being so patient <3

What wonderful news, Jess! I am so glad to hear both girls are strong and healthy! Every time I think about your little monkeys, I grin from ear to ear! :D

Louisa, I definitely had cramping with my angel. Spotting, too, which I now know was IB. And I had diarrhea, too, so I was certain it was my period, but then the "period" only lasted 2 days. The shortest in my history! I don't think I had cramps with Lil' Monkey, though. :shrug:

I hope these cramps may be a sign but I'm not reading or thinking too much into it! I'll just take each day as it comes. I'm doing so well, normally I buy some Cheap pregnancy tests from eBay to be prepared but I haven't bothered this month yet still, just gonna get a CBD when it's time to test! That way it stops any early testing and usually in my case, false positives!

Yes, where the HELL is shara!!!!!! This is sooooo not lie her

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->