Just thought i'd explain my journey & say hello!

I love my girls, I just do! Thank you both so much for being sweet and reassuring. :) <3

Believe me, I love you ALL too <3 I feel like you're my sisters that emigrated to the states or something, honestly. I can't get my head around the fact that I didn't even know you girls existed a month back. So so so glad we 'met', you're like the sisters I never had :kiss: sorry for being soppy but it's so true! Xo

I love my girls, I just do! Thank you both so much for being sweet and reassuring. :) <3

Believe me, I love you ALL too <3 I feel like you're my sisters that emigrated to the states or something, honestly. I can't get my head around the fact that I didn't even know you girls existed a month back. So so so glad we 'met', you're like the sisters I never had :kiss: sorry for being soppy but it's so true! Xo

Awwww now I'm crying too. I love you ladies for real. Thank you for making me feel wanted and LOVED guys :sad2:

Awww shara you cutie <3 :kiss: <3
I just stupidly took 2 paracetamol as I've got really bad cramps on the inside of my right leg, and then I go and read that they can affect O! Luckily mine isn't for another few days I don't think. I took another O test, and a line came up this time atleast! Not much darker than yesterday but visible :D I have a question.. I haven't taken my conception vitamin today when I've normally taken it by now (6pm just gone) and I've just taken the pain killers, it would be alright to take now wouldn't it? The tablet is tiny but I know mixing some tablets can cause harm :/ I guess these are just vitamin tablets so it shouldn't hurt right?

I'm trying to catch up with a few things here so bear with me...

It's seems unreal that we've all known each other for less than a month because I feel like we've been friends for so long!

I've heard afternoons are best for OPKs as that's when LH surges are the highest, but as far as the 2:00 to 2:30 window, my guess would be that's probably too narrow of a timeframe. Have you taken another OPK, Louisa? It definitely sounds like your CM is becoming more fertile-quality, that's good! :happydance:

Don't ever apologize for being soppy, at least not to me, because I am the queen of cry me a river. I'll cry over animal commericals (we've talked about that), baby commercials, insurance commercials, starving children commercials...even happy commercials make me cry BECAUSE they're happy! And that's just TV commercials! Sometimes my eyes water and throat gets tight over greeting cards, movies, and when reading our daily devotional, too. If you're wondering, yes, I am definitely concerned about being a basketcase when I'm pregnant because I'm already a ball of emotions as it is!

OK, the last thing I want to post has to be posted separately because I have to quote Shara... ;)

It's okay ladybug. It's coming :) and then so will you

HAHAHAHAHA, OMG, I almost spit out my water when I read this!!! Shara, was that pun intended??? Please say yes, that's the funniest thing I've heard ALL. DAY. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's exactly what run through my head but I didn't want to jump to conclusions hahahaha, cannot breathe!!

Aw, hun, I don't want to advise you on that! My guess is that it would be OK but you'd know better than me! Maybe you should skip just today's conception vitamin and start back tomorrow once the other medicine is out of your system, to be on the safe side?

BTW, I didn't win the costume contest, girls. :( I was dressed as a Renaissance Queen (according to the costume package). However, a group of people from another section in my office dressed as Disney characters, and they did REALLY well. There was Ariel and Ursula from The Little Mermaid (both costumes were homemade, a Pinterest project come-to-life), Minnie, Goofy and Daffy, Cruella Deville from 1001 Dalmations...they were all amazing. Needless to say, I didn't stand a chance in my packaged costume. :( Oh well, it was fun anyway!

I was just about to ask if you won, before refreshing and noticed you already answered my question ;) you can officially read my mind! Haha, atleast you made the effort right? ;) What's the time over the guys? I know when I went to Miami we were 5 hours behind English time when I use to skype my family, so am I right in thinking it's 20 to 2 in the afternoon Kim? Or is it different all over Florida :haha: I have no idea how American times work, all I know is it's the same for England Ireland Scotland and Wales here!

I know Kim, I should know!! :haha: because there's no medication in the vitamins but my guess is more that the pain killer would counteract the vitamin if they're taken too close together. It's silly, you know when you just need reassurance but you know it won't hurt? I'm a LOT like that! And don't worry Kim, I can't help but admit I have a dirty mind and probably spotted that way before I should have done :haha:

Wow, I can't believe all of those countries are in the same time zone! I mean I can, but our country has 6 different time zones. I guess we are a little bigger, huh? :haha: You are correct about the time here where I live, it is 2:50 in the afternoon (but west Florida is in a different time zone). If I'm not mistaken, Shara is an hour behind me (same time as west Florida, 1:50). Do you guys participate in Daylight Saving Time? I don't know if they do where Shara lives in Wisconsin, as I believe it's on a state-by-state basis, but this weekend is when Daylight Saving Time ends for Florida so we set our clocks back an hour before we go to bed Saturday night. So as of Sunday, you'll be 6 hours ahead of me and possibly 7 hours ahead of Shara. Unless you guys do it too...

We just put our clocks back last weekend :) as if it doesn't get dark enough during the winter!!! Grr

Girls you should be so proud of me right now! :D (just saying ;) ) ..

I literally never drink water, never have done. I don't know what it is about it, but I gag and normally sick after I drink it. Me and water just don't mix!

Anyway, I was reading up on the whole vitamin thing we were talking about and i came across all the tips on better fertility. I read about the water situation how you produce better quality EWCM if you drink plenty and how you release bigger plumper eggs when you drink it.. So I drank a whole glass about an hour ago, managed to keep it down! I know I sound PATHETIC right now because water is water and it has no taste but I've really struggled with it my whole life, causing unnecessary uti's, kidney infections etc etc.. So this is actually quite big for me :D
I hope I've turned a corner! <3

Whilst we're on the subject- what are you girls like in that respect? Personally i'm a healthy eater or atleast I think I am! Luckily I love fruit, the only fruit i don't like is mango. I hate most vegetables (again, it's the no/bland taste issue!) but I like some fish, salmon being one of them. LOVE milk. Would pick brown bread over white any day! You get the idea ;)

Do any of you girls smoke? I don't personally. Jesse use to be a heavy smoker but quit a couple months after we got together as it affects my breathing so badly (asthmatic) and I am really bad with the smell, like I couldn't go near him for atleast half hour after he had a cig without heaving or having to move away. So he quit cold turkey, was so proud of him for that. Hasn't touched one since- major plus for us TTC! I will admit I haven't touched a spot of alcohol since trying either. I know it sounds a bit OTT but every time I get invited out, there's a chance i'm prgnant and don't know it! I just want to do everything right if you get me, there is absolutely nothing wrong with the odd drink i'm sure :wine:

I just ordered some digital O tests, some Clearblue ones. 10 in a pack for £18. You can either get a low, high or peak reading like yours Kim :D they should turn up monday just in time for O.. FX! Quite excited to use them rather than these stupid paper ones that don't even work.

I think me and Jesse have decided on names by the way :D I know it's silly because i'm not pregnant and might not be for a while (touch wood it's not a while!) but we love Layla Grace and Caleb Jesse (I love Jesse's name as a middle!) but he likes Kaden Carter .. so maybe we haven't decided :haha: but 98% sure it will be one of those :D we literally cannot stop talking names. Hope it's a sign for this month <3

Way to go on your water drinking, I AM proud of you! I used to hate water, too, but started drinking it while dieting. Now I try to drink at least 8 glasses per day and I'll throw in a diet soda once or twice a day. I used to eat very unhealthy. Whatever I wanted, I ate (lots of fast food). I had the metabolism for it, too, so it didn't catch up with me until my late 20s. Now I watch my calorie intake and try to eat small mini-meals every 2 hours or so to keep my metabolism steady. I used to eat only white bread; I've now switched to only wheat/brown bread. I try to eat 2 servings of veggies/fruit at both lunch and dinner. I do not care for milk AT ALL (unless it's with cereal or sweet desserts like cake or cookies, which I try to stay away from) so I supplement with lowfat yogurt and cheese. I don't like most fish but I do like salmon! I also love most seafood. Yum!

Shaun and I both used to smoke and drink quite a bit in college and in our 20s. I quit smoking (Tuesday was 2 years ago, actually!) and still drink occasionally. Shaun quit smoking too, but he has recently (within the last month) started back, blaming the stress of his job. I'm trying hard to get him to quit again, because it's very bad for his health (and for his swimmers, too)!!! :( He has said he will quit Sunday, so hopefully he keeps his word. When I get pregnant, he has to quit anyway, so he might as well do it now. (See what I did there with the "when"? Not letting myself get too excited! ;))

Yay for your cute little digital tests!!! Are they the ones that have the smiley face? Adorable!!! I love those! If I'm not pregnant this cycle, I'm ordering them again. I actually have test sticks, just not the thingy to stick them in (I lost it). I just love that little face smiling up at me! If I may make a suggestion... Keep using the cheaper ones every day and use the Clearblue ones every other day. Then when the line starts getting dark on your regular ones, confirm it with a digital one. It's disappointing enough to see the circle with no face in it (Low reading) and then top it off with your money being washed down the drain. That's just me, but I wanted to share my thoughts!

I love love love Layla Grace and Caleb Jesse! Kaden Carter is cute, but I like Caleb Jesse more! Obviously the choice is totally up to you two. All three are great, really, you can't go wrong! <3 FX that it IS a sign for this month, my sweet!!!

:dust:

It's okay ladybug. It's coming :) and then so will you

HAHAHAHAHA, OMG, I almost spit out my water when I read this!!! Shara, was that pun intended??? Please say yes, that's the funniest thing I've heard ALL. DAY. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep you guys read it exactly as I meant it!!! I was afraid almost to post because I didn't think you guys would get it, but I should've known better than that lol. And my mind's ALWAYS in the gutter :haha:

I am proud of you too Louisa. Water drinking sufficiency is a challenge for lots of people so I'm glad you put your distaste to the side and did it for the right reasons. Major high five lady. Luckily we love water, mostly Spring water because it tastes smoother to me. I am a big veggie eater too, mainly mixed veggies and BROCCOLI. Love love broccoli! The only fish I eat is Tilapia, Romeo eats a variety of fish though. Now shellfish, I eat shrimp and Lobster and scallops occasionally. We have stopped smoking too in January. New Years Resolution/Challenge for us that just stuck. I still drink wine every once in while. Like I did last weekend, but knew my limits. I only drink in those type of settings which ain't often so I don't consider myself a drinker. Being healthy and healthy eating is very important when TTC so I'm actually proud of BOTH of you girls.

I just got through hanging out with my sister and her newborn son (born at 34w at 3lbs 11 oz) and he is just the cutest thing. I sometimes get sad though because I'm the eldest out of all my siblings and the only one without a kid. Mind you my brother just had his 2nd son 7/31 and my youngest sister just had my only neice 2/7, all this year. It just breaks my heart a little, but then I realize it's gonna happen for us in HIS time (hopefully that's soon :haha:)

I love the names too, especially Layla Grace, how cute are you for that name lol. Love it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->