Just thought i'd explain my journey & say hello!

Hi, ladies! I've missed y'all! I have a lot of catching up to do on the thread, but I just wanted to let you know I'm back before I dive in. Another lady on my July Mamas board had a MMC (also at 8w3d, so freaky) and after seeing that, I needed a break from BnB. I have my next appointment on Wednesday morning and I'm feeling really confident that Peanut is A-OK.

Shara, even though I wasn't on to give you hugs on New Year's Eve, you were in my thoughts and I said a prayer for you. I hope the day/evening wasn't too tough for you, honey. :hugs:

Kim, so glad you're doing well...and I agree with the ladies! You're peanut will be just fine! Awful about all the losses...is that the August group? I have a good friend in that group and she also mentioned there have been a ton of losses. So sad. Hang in there!

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Kika and Louisa, Paris sounds so awesome!!!! I wish I could afford to go, sorry I'm a poor person :cry:

Yes! Paris does sound awesome!!!!

I hear you Kim, whatever helps with your anxiety, definitely take that route. It wasn't easy in the beginning for me, because just like you Kim, I didn't want to take care of myself AT ALL. I was panicky and paranoid all the time. Thinking everyone was against me and I had no friends, life, family, etc. I was going through a really, really rough time. So many times, I thought about suicide because I felt my life was pointless and had no meaning because everywhere I turned, I was getting hurt. So I didn't go out, didn't shower, didn't eat, barely went to work, it was just horrible and terrifying. I didn't have anyone in my life to put their foot down though, so I just Thank God that Shaun was there to help you. Once I moved to Wisconsin and found a person who brought me to her Church, that's when I found Christ and was able to realize that God could relieve me of my depression and anxiety, if I wanted him to. It took literally every second of the day to keep my strength and read and pray, and even in those time I was still struggling a bit. It's not that I didn't want to see someone or get help from a therapist, but I didn't have money to do those things and I didn't have insurance so I had no other choice. Going to God was free.
I'm not trying to talk anyone out of going to a therapist or taking medications for depression and anxiety, because it can literally kill you if it's severe, just sharing my story and offering a different option.
Sorry if I'm being too religious for some of you, because some people don't have those beliefs, but you never know who's life could be changed because I certainly didn't expect mine to be.

I haven't thankfully had to deal with depression (anxiety yes!) so I feel for you girls. I know it can be so debilitating. Your doctors will know what's best...and of course always lean on us.

As for me! I am officially 3 days into my TWW! :happydance:

Lou Lou, no idea about hotel name honey and I've never been to Disneyland but you guys are going to have a blast :)

Kim, I can't wait for tomorrow's peanut photo session update <3

Shara, you're very rich cause you're gifted a big big heart and poor isn't measured in $$$ and even if you had lots of $$$ you could still be poor and $$$ is unimportant, most of the time $$$ is a distraction, it keeps ppl from finding and realizing what's really important in life...$$$ is a blindfold...

I've questions for you my lovelies and especially may be Tara :)

My divorce got finalized and we want to run away and get married next weekend :happydance::fish::wohoo: we want a beach and hot weather and so we are thinking Florida :) although I'm a pro booking and finding great vacation deals from the UK I've no idea how to find us a week's vacation in Florida from the USA so I would need everyone's help and advice on location, web sites, cheap deals, etc and hopefully we get our week get- away :)

Hugs

Shara I don't think there's such thing as being too religious Hun! My family in Turkey are very religious as turkish are classed as Muslim (most people just class Pakistani as Muslim lol, they look different though!) so I've been brought up around the same beliefs :)

Haha 'lou lou' you're so sweet kika I actually love you! :haha: and OOOOOH MY GOOOODNESS next weekend!!!!! How exciting.. And I'm a little jealous that you've come from somewhere like Wimbledon and wanting to get married in FLORIDA!!! I would not say no to that! :haha: I'm happy for you lovely. Huge congratulations <3 :hugs:

Oh you've no idea by how much wimbeldon is better than any other place in the world. I'm not a fan of USA it's just too "shallow" and "empty" for me...there's nice "deep" ppl like the ones we have on this thread but the way life is organized in USA the accent is on the "glamorous", "shiny", "expensive" and so unimportant things... And I could go on about the things I don't like but I don't want to offend the USA readers... My oh and I have fights about the greatness of London every night ...so I'd rather be marrying in Wimbledon than Florida but oh well :) I love America and I love all eathlings (that's why I don't eat them) but I don't like America's politics and lifestyle...if it was all beaches and mountains and rivers and parks --> that's another story I would love to stay here forever :)

Haha I do have to admit, I loved living in Wimbledon. I was only 5 mins from the tennis courts, tooting just around the corner isn't so nice though huh? ;)

Kika, how freaking exciting!! Did you research how quick you can get a marriage license in Florida? How about Vegas...everything can be done inexpensively and on the spot! Woo hoo!!!

Ugh, oh just got off the phone with ri and they said "no" cause I don't have the original document court sealed and stamped to show them :(

I know im divorced cause divorce decisions are made public and I just appeared in the register but it could be weeks before I got the paper in my hands :(

So may be its not happening oh im so sad and disappointed :(

Go to Vegas Kika, you won't need any of that!!!

https://www.groupon.com/travel/las-vegas/hotels

Blah, it's not available for the weekend we want :( 17-19th jan? Where do I search for flights though Tara! You're a star...I could find us a hotel on the website you sent :) but now I need a website for flights :x

We got really reasonable price flights when we went from gatwick to Miami with American airlines kika but I think they're long haul unless they go from state to state aswell!

Ohmigosh, Kika!!! How exciting! Congratulations! I hope you can get it worked out! My 5 year wedding anniversary with Shaun is on January 16th. How cool would it be if our anniversaries were right close together?!? :hugs: You can use sites like priceline.com, kayak.com, travelocity.com to find hotels, flights, rental cars and the like. I'm so excited for you, honey!

:wedding:

I hear you Kim, whatever helps with your anxiety, definitely take that route. It wasn't easy in the beginning for me, because just like you Kim, I didn't want to take care of myself AT ALL. I was panicky and paranoid all the time. Thinking everyone was against me and I had no friends, life, family, etc. I was going through a really, really rough time. So many times, I thought about suicide because I felt my life was pointless and had no meaning because everywhere I turned, I was getting hurt. So I didn't go out, didn't shower, didn't eat, barely went to work, it was just horrible and terrifying. I didn't have anyone in my life to put their foot down though, so I just Thank God that Shaun was there to help you. Once I moved to Wisconsin and found a person who brought me to her Church, that's when I found Christ and was able to realize that God could relieve me of my depression and anxiety, if I wanted him to. It took literally every second of the day to keep my strength and read and pray, and even in those time I was still struggling a bit. It's not that I didn't want to see someone or get help from a therapist, but I didn't have money to do those things and I didn't have insurance so I had no other choice. Going to God was free.
I'm not trying to talk anyone out of going to a therapist or taking medications for depression and anxiety, because it can literally kill you if it's severe, just sharing my story and offering a different option.
Sorry if I'm being too religious for some of you, because some people don't have those beliefs, but you never know who's life could be changed because I certainly didn't expect mine to be.

I can't stress enough how proud I am of you, Shara. You have not had an easy go of things, yet you're still such a positive and loving person with a big heart and kind spirit. I love you to pieces, girlfriend! I admire your strength, I really do. :kiss: I respect you telling your story, I think it's important to share these things. There is such a stigma on mental health issues, and I just don't understand it. People need to know they are not alone in experiencing these types of problems. There is no hesitation for people to talk about heart conditions or other sicknesses, so why are depression, anxiety and the like any different? :(

Also, you don't ever have to apologize for being "too religious"! First of all, we're all SSMs here. If you can't speak your mind with us, who can you speak it with? ;) Second of all, your faith is part of who you are and we love each other not only for what we have in common but for our differences, as well (although you know I share your faith, so preach on, sister)! And last, you're absolutely right - you never know whose life you might touch with your words. <3

Kim, so glad you're doing well...and I agree with the ladies! You're peanut will be just fine! Awful about all the losses...is that the August group? I have a good friend in that group and she also mentioned there have been a ton of losses. So sad. Hang in there!

As for me! I am officially 3 days into my TWW! :happydance:

Thank you, sweet Tara! I'm actually in the July group. If I'm not mistaken, your friend from your signature, luvallmyH, is part of that group, too.

Yay for the TWW! I'm so excited for all of you ladies! A BFP is coming soon, I can just feel it! :dance:

Completely forgot to mention it the other day but talking of weddings, Jesse and I set a date :D summer next year, I'm super excited to start planning!!! <3

Yay, Louisa!!! :wohoo: I noticed your new siggy but completely forgot to ask. What's the date? I also forgot to tell you how much I love your beautiful avi! You really should've tried your hand at modeling, my dear. You're so gorgeously exotic!

Ohmigosh, Kika!!! How exciting! Congratulations! I hope you can get it worked out! My 5 year wedding anniversary with Shaun is on January 16th. How cool would it be if our anniversaries were right close together?!? :hugs: You can use sites like priceline.com, kayak.com, travelocity.com to find hotels, flights, rental cars and the like. I'm so excited for you, honey!

:wedding:

Yes! And you should check out of Logan Airport and TF Green for the best price. Even Bradley (BDL) out of Hartford, CT has great rates!

June 11th 2016 :happydance: although I'm not sure if that works out right on my ticker because it was suppose to be a few days before that but then we realised that my dad and turkish family wouldn't be able to make it over that particular week so we either moved it forward or back (I don't remember :haha:) and ended up with the 11th June :)

Awwww haha thank you Kim <3 I just literally changed it to a Christmassy one (a little more relevant since it's not summer anymore like when that was taken!) so I don't know if you meant this one or the other but either way I love your choice of words lol! Yay i'm exotic :happydance: you're super sweet. It was on Christmas day but I ordered a dress in a size 8 rather than 10 online and it was FAR too small, I ended up looking blue and it didn't do my figure any good and squashed my boobs :haha: I ended up sticking my onesie on come 4pm! :rofl: Kim, did Shaun get you the Doppler you wanted for Christmas in the end?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->