Just thought i'd explain my journey & say hello!

BTW, Kika, my symptoms started fading before I even hit the 2nd tri, so again, you just never know!

Shaun and I actually have spoken more about names, Louisa! Just the other night he said, "Don't immediately say no to this name, think about it first, OK?" I have been known to do that when he comes up with crazy names, or Italian ones like Giovanni or Guiseppe. :p Anyway, the name he came up with was Marlon, which I really like! I suggested the middle name Jay (my brother's name). We haven't really thought about girl's names. I've switched over to wanting a girl now, so I'm afraid if I let myself think I'm having a girl, I'll be a tad disappointed if we find out Lil' Monkey's a boy. Don't get me wrong, I will be equally happy with a girl or boy! But I think you know what I mean.

Way to keep a positive attitude, Louisa! Catch that egg this time, girlfriend! And hugs for you having to walk past that terrible room where you got your bad news. :hugs: Again, so proud of you for keeping it positive and knowing next time you're there, you will get GOOD news!

Hi Tara :hi: and thank you, that would a dream if its for real..

Sorry it's been so hectic for you lately, and the storm we can relate to in Wisconsin, horrible weather lately :cold: I hope it clears up soon for you guys

And Louisa, I forgot to say - you and Jess are so pretty! The looks run in your family, for sure! Love the avi. <3

And Kika, your kitty avi is ADORABLE!!! <3

Shara and Tara! <3

Busy day for you, Tara! I hope things start going a little more smoothly as you guys dig your way out! :hugs:

Yessss Louisa!! :dust::dust::dust: and here comes the BABY MAKING MARATHON lol!!! Catch the egg!:spermy:Catch that egg!:spermy:

Louisa, I know it probably got lost in my huge long post from yesterday, but I have to ask again - what do fortnight and chuffed mean? You're my interpreter! :haha:

Fortnight 2 weeks chuffed pleased

I love kittens and I really want a cute fluffy and adorable one and DH would go and get us one as soon as I say so...

We nicknamed each other monkey and kitten and so our babies are monkins... I think when I think of my bean however the word and image of a rascal come to mind hehe

Indeed shara!!! I will join you girls this month, and so will tara!!! <3

Whoops I did mean to respond to that question yesterday kim! Yep, fortnight - 2 weeks, chuffed-pleased (a bit like over the moon if you've heard that one :p) aww kika, isn't it cute that they don't know what our lingo means? :D bless you guys. We don't mind giving you a few English lessons especially how we've both lived in London hey Kika :rofl: apples n pears, dog and bone, ruby Murray :rofl: I bet you guys are even more confused now! :haha:

Aww kim you're so lovely. Thank you, sweet lady! My sister actually hated that photo and demanded I deleted it :rofl: she would go mad if she knew I had it as my avi on here but I like it. Shows our craziness :p I really like the name marlon jay! That is really unusual but not completely crazy. Sweet!

I can't wait for tomorrow. Jesse and I are booked in to get matching tattoos!! I know you're probably thinking 'ugh so tacky' lol but they're not identical. I'm getting his initials on my wrist and he's getting my full name down his forearm :wohoo:

Ya LoU Lou I love you and sister photo you're so so beautiful im jealous...

Kim, I love Marlon!! What about Malin, I made it up a few years ago but it sounds so sweet and yummy and very close to Marlon :p

Tara, I want to pay for scan but they won't see me without a stupid referral :( I just want to go pay and get scan kinda like get food from supermarket --> but they won't let me grrr.

I can't wait to see my baby...

Kika, malin is actually quite nice! Pronounced may-lin? :baby:

Awwh don't be jealous lol honestly :nope: I am dying to know what you look like kika I wish you would upload a photo one dayyyy! :D but you know you don't have to if you're not comfortable doing so of course! :hugs: you're beautiful on the inside and I bet you are on the outside too! <3

How are you finding the supermarkets over there for the weekly shop lol? Is it different to here? I heard so much about Walmart and target, I think target is more clothes than food? Ugh, just the names of those stores sound so much better than here. Minus the health care (because it sounds like it kinda sucks in the states) I really would LOVE to live there one day. Have any of you guys seen the film hairspray? What state is most like the houses and streets in the film? It just seems so cool. UGH hshsjahsysian <3 :wohoo: <3 :wohoo: <3 :wohoo: <3

10 pages away from 200.. What the freaaaak! GO US! :happydance: we are officially the chattiest thread on BnB :haha: :wohoo:

I was just looking at that Louisa. We should have a 200 page-niversay :rofl: I'm so glad I found you guys <3

Hahaha we definitely need an anniversary!! :rofl:

How are you guys this morning? (Well it will be in a few hours :haha:)

I took my temp for the first time whilst ttc today - woohoo! :happydance: 36.4, around O its meant to dip isn't it? I did get up and pee first though, completely forgot that my thermometer turned up

Oh no Lou Lou, you have to take temp before you pee. Before you even open your eyes... Ovu dip is when your temp is nearly the same for the days before your Ovu and when it dips it means you ovu'ed.

Ya may Lin and I also like marlin and not because of the series or because I had a crush on him ;p no that would be silly and adult me with underage kid no! :)

There's no Walmart near me, but I've been to one. They sell everything there but not a very wide range. Like only two types of flour. Or only two types of sugar, or milk --> not good for my cooking baking from scratch. May be they have a good variety of package food but I wouldn't know. I kind of find it even cheaper looking than asda, more like 99p or pound land shop. The clothes were like the one you'll find in 99p and pound land and they smelled cheap and weird I don't think I could buy clothes there. Or may be its just the shop I've been too and the rest are better.

The food was more like wilkinson food...

Anywho, target I like better, it's clothes and everything except food. Clothes are nice may be like tesco's --> cheap and not so cheap. So if you wanted something nice you could find it there.

I think my fav shop is H&M and I try to buy things when they're on sale. But if they're not it's still affordable. I also look for gap sales. The one I miss the most is m&s for their dressed and 35+ style...

Food I get from Costco (and basic clothes) and I love it and also a store called stop and shop which is food only, no clothes and electronics. But they have some basic household stuff, baking trays, stationary, may be even some books and DVDs, but may be not I don't know, but nothing like sainsburies or tesco's. I've plates and cutlery from sainsburys here they only sell a few casseroles and baking trays but it's still nice cause it saves you a trip to IKEa if you need it urgently.

Don't be jealous --> when dh came to London I took him to sainsburys and I showed him everything --> including the cafe (it's s huge one in Croydon and their eggs are organic free range, I still haven't found a diner/breakfast place in USA that has organic free range eggs) and I said this is the type of shop I like, is there anything like it in your country so we could do our weekly shop there. And he said "sadly there isn't" :/

I think if I was someone who loved shopping and designer clothes and snootiness I'd love it in America cause they have lots of nice clothes and foods. But for everyday unpretentious ppl like me it's a little bit more spread out than Im used to--> got to go to different shops rather than just stay and shop in one :)

I'm getting used to it though and I found my shops and I love them!

Good Morning my sweets!

Kim, Marlon Jay is so amazing!! I just read about that. So much convo goes on, it's like I miss a lot if another page starts, but I love that name. My cousin's name is Marlow, and we call him low low for short, but I always loved his full name, and I think Marlon is super cute too!

Kika, glad you're getting used to the USA. I know it's not your preference by a long shot, but hey, you're here now! Might as well make the most of it, which you are doing, so good for you..

Louisa, how are you doing this morning??? I'm glad to hear you're getting the hang of this temping thing. Yeah, it's very hard to remember when you first start, but you have to take the temp when you first become alert in the morning, you can't move really, breathe too hard, sneeze, fart, nothing lol.. as long as it's been at least 4 hours of straight sleep. But you're right, you will have a dip then a very noticeable rise after ovulation, and if you catch the egg, you will have another dip in temp around implantation! At least that's what happened with me

Tara, how's everything been so far, is it BD time yet?

Hey, Where's Jodie and bubz???

AFM--I took another HPT, seeing as though today was supposed to be start of AF, but this one is blue dye, which people have sworn off to test, but they were accurate with my last pregnancy so I don't care, plus it's a knock off of the FRER, it's the Family Dollar version, called Early Result Preg Test. Anywho...line still looking dark :happydance:
me4.jpg

..... Have any of you guys seen the film hairspray? What state is most like the houses and streets in the film? It just seems so cool. UGH hshsjahsysian <3 :wohoo: <3 :wohoo: <3 :wohoo: <3

None really, Louisa. If it's the remake Hairspray with John Travolta, then I wouldn't say any of the houses or streets look exactly like that, but New York City or Bronx in New York, is the closest I've seen that has houses still kind of modeled that way that hasn't been torn down yet.

Shara! Your line looks really dark and pregnant!! I'm scared to take any more tests. And I don't have any tests left. They are good for telling early pregnancy like yours...but as the pregnancy progresses and hcg rises they become irrelevant as it may take weeks for hcg to drop.

I decided to believe everything with me and my baby will be fine... It was hard yday but today I'm feeling hopeful :)

You and your bean(s) will be just fine too, Shara :) can't wait for your scan pics. I'm hoping my hubby would add me on his health insurance soon so I could have a doctor and a scan too. He doesn't seem in a hurry or may be there's things about the process I don't know/ understand... So I'm waiting patiently... I'm thinking of my mom and of the olden times when they had to wait 9 months to see their babies and to see if everything's ok with them... I'm trying to be patient <3 I'm eating raw eggs and taking vitamins B and fish oil to tame my immune system and hopefully it works ...

Hugs all

I'm so absolutely freakin annoyed today. Sorry, I do have loads to catch up on after this post, but I'll tell you what happened. A group of scum trying to set fires 2 houses along from me! We live near a college and they came from there, typical chav/Herbert looking twats, I am so freaked out and I feel scared to even live around here!!! It's amazing how one incident can shake you and make you want to move miles away. They nearly got what they achieved and there was smoke everywhere but luckily my parents were here so my dad and jesse went out there and they ran! They have also tacked a piece of wood to a wooden outhouse outside, which they're probably planning on setting alignt too!!! everything is reported to the police, I feel so sick! :growlmad: :growlmad: :growlmad:

Oh no Lou Lou that's terrible :/

I was googling fetal dopplers on you tube --> someone in the September babies thread was able to find baby heartbeat at 8weeks!!! I was very much against dopplers but since I might not get an early scan or anything and I'll be 8 weeks in 5 days I'm now thinking may be I want one!

Kim, which one you got and are you happy with it?

Anywho, I'm watching you tube videos of babies heart beats and I find this!!! --> https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fUZgm7wRh7s

I challenge Kim and Jody!!

I'm still to Google how accurate it is :)

Hugs all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->