Just wanna give up

mommy2be1003

Mommy of 1
Reaction score
Had an early miscarriage a couple months ago at 5w3d and a month later got a positive test. Hcg was 119 and the rechecked 3 days later and they went up to 594. Today at 6w3d I am spotting pink and honestly I'm terrified of what's to come. Why me? Please I cannot bare another loss

:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Can you go in for a scan? Spotting doesn't always mean anything. I have been spotting and lightly bleeding for the past 3 weeks, and I spotted and bled all throughout last pregnancy. Fingers crossed for you that it is nothing :hugs::hugs:

I know how you feel, I miscarried at 13 weeks, then 5 weeks, then 4 weeks. I had almost given up then got pregnant again (though am on aspirin this time) and at 6+3 started spotting brown with a bit of pink. I'd been there before so assumed the worst. Managed to get in the next day for a scan and there she was heartbeat and all! I'm not out of the woods yet but just wanted to let you know that spotting doesn't always mean the worst, whatever your history.

I'm so sorry you are going through this, it's such a worrying time. I've had bleeding this pregnancy too but have seen lo's heartbeat on a scan. I did assume the worst when it happened due to previous mc but it's not always the end. Will you get a scan son? Xx

I did have a scan Friday and saw our little ones heartbeat flickering away at 110 beats a minute. The baby was measuring exactly 6 weeks. Which it was 6w4d since the bleeding started from the previous mc. I know I'm not out of the woods yet but just seeing my little one doin great was a relief!!

I had spotting early on and panicked because a few weeks before my bfp i'd had an MC. I turned to Google Scholar to help me and found out 2 things which really helped with the worrying:

If a previous pregnancy was an mc you are statistically more likely to spot in the next pregnancy (but not more likely miscarry). I've noticed this happens a lot on the PAL forums, far more than seems average.

And the next point is most relevant to your situation -
If a heartbeat is recorded and everything is in normal range *after* bleeding/spotting then 97.3% of pregnancy's continue according to this study https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1239503/pdf/brjgenprac00012-0011.pdf
(They followed the pregnancies up to 20 weeks)

It seems like if bleeding happens it's only for 2 reasons - the baby has already passed or there's something else going on like implantation bleeding/SCH/Cervical erosion and only in very rare cases does this have a negative impact.

There's no guarantees with pregnancy but where bleeding is concerned I would always just go by what the US tells you and have faith in it.

X

Big hugs to you, I can't imagine how scary this must be :hugs:

As the other ladies have said, spotting has other causes and doesn't mean it's over. I hope you can get in for a scan to check everything's fine. Best of luck.

Edit - just saw your update! That's great news, I'm so glad you saw the heartbeat!! :)

Thought you'd like a success story from 3rd tri... I had bleeding all the way through my pregnancy of varying colours (pink, brown, red, CM'y, clots - you name it) no cause found.

I'm currently in hospital in labour with a perfectly healthy little one. Sure you'll be fine!

:hugs: xxx

:hugs: I can understand your stress, however as other ladies have said, the spotting can come from a number of things so doesn't necessarily mean bad news.

Good luck, I hope you are ok

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"