Keeping DH stress free

BostonLover89

Reaction score
How do you ladies keep DH stress free during the early weeks? I know many of you are already moms so more specifically, how do you keep him stress free during first time pregnancy.

He was over the moon when we found out but I can tell in his voice that he is starting to get stressed. We just found out today that we are expected to move in June while I am 9 months pregnant (he's in the military) and he might be deploying for a few months before then.

Of course I want to freak out. But I am trying to stay calm since I read that stress can cause miscarriages. Unfortunately, his stress and vibe wears on me. I tried talking to him about it but it made it worse so I tried talking about happy baby things, which also made it worse. Not sure what to do besides not talk to him at all until he calms down.

TIA :hugs:

Oh, that's really great he's so involved! My DH started being a great dad once our boy hit 2 years of age! Just know that it's never a perfect time! Things might be less than perfect, but you will get through it together. Can you count on outside support fr a few weeks? Before and After birth? I had my mother and MIL over for 3 weeks each after birth of the first and that was absolutely a godsend! No cooking, no cleaning, ...

Oh, that's really great he's so involved! My DH started being a great dad once our boy hit 2 years of age! Just know that it's never a perfect time! Things might be less than perfect, but you will get through it together. Can you count on outside support fr a few weeks? Before and After birth? I had my mother and MIL over for 3 weeks each after birth of the first and that was absolutely a godsend! No cooking, no cleaning, ...

I'm thinking that my mom and dad will be very willing to come help us. It's their first grandchild so they are more excited than I could describe. The logistics of that might just be complicated.

I just want him to worry less about the coming obstacles and enjoy these early weeks with me. I'm trying so hard to get him talking about the exciting cute baby things but he doesnt seem as excited as I am. Understandable, I know it's different for women.

My oh always the same I think it's not as there for them , the whole pregnancy stuffs happening to you, not them so they don't bond as well, having said that my husband is fab from day 1 of birth ,
Me personally I just let him be , I ask opinions but if I get vague responses I leave it, and talk about something less life changing , it's a big thing to u both but it's happening to you, it might be come more real when u hd a scan
As for external stresses he's just gonna have to deal with it what ever way is best.
Hope things get better for you ,

My OH never seems excited at the beginning, and can seem nervous, but he loves coming to the scans and with our DS I saw him get so excited when he first felt a tiny kick, and then when we knew he was a boy, forget about it, he was over the moon! It just takes them a little while, as PP said, pregnancy is happening to us, it's not as real for them yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->