Keeping pregnancy a secret in first tri

The first time everyone was told straight away as I was so excited lol.

Since then I've had 4 consecutive losses so was a bit more cautious. We didn't tell our families until I had a reassurance scan at just under 7 weeks and I didn't tell my charge nurse till a further scan at 8 weeks. I'm not a big drinker and have a 3 year old son so that helped account for my exhaustion and turning down invites to events. I asked for bigger tops for work claiming that I'd put on weight and wore a Cardigan as much as I could lol.

Most folk in work figured it out by around 10 weeks because I wasn't lifting patients as much and avoiding our more labile patients. Plus my bump got big quick! I announced it following our 12 week scan with a photo of my son in a Batman top saying "Every superhero needs a sidekick. Ollie's is arriving in May 2017!" :)

@prettyinink -how far along are you now? Your ticket indicates you're already in second tri..?

The first ticker is correct. I'm 19 weeks today. I dunno why the 2nd one is different by 1 day, but has the correct number of days left. lol

Stella baby-how's you hide it until week 14? I feel like my belly will pop out in next few weeks.

Stella baby-how's you hide it until week 14? I feel like my belly will pop out in next few weeks.

I work from home a lot and wear heavy sweaters when I do go to the office once or twice a week! Also I have pretty big bra size so the tops hang over the belly :)

I had a 20w loss a couple of years ago and I told work and then I had to tell them all that too, it was very traumatic so I am holding off telling as long as possible.

I have an ultrasound coming up at 21 weeks so after that I plan to tell my boss. He also has three kids and complains how hard it is all the time :)

We told close family around 8w, and a few good friends at 14w. Just last weekend I told the rest of my friends and work still doesn't know!

How'd you tell people? Did you announce creatively or?:)

I work from home a lot and wear heavy sweaters when I do go to the office once or twice a week! Also I have pretty big bra size so the tops hang over the belly :)

I had a 20w loss a couple of years ago and I told work and then I had to tell them all that too, it was very traumatic so I am holding off telling as long as possible.

I have an ultrasound coming up at 21 weeks so after that I plan to tell my boss. He also has three kids and complains how hard it is all the time :)
I am deeply sorry about your loss.:hugs:

The first time everyone was told straight away as I was so excited lol.

Since then I've had 4 consecutive losses so was a bit more cautious. We didn't tell our families until I had a reassurance scan at just under 7 weeks and I didn't tell my charge nurse till a further scan at 8 weeks. I'm not a big drinker and have a 3 year old son so that helped account for my exhaustion and turning down invites to events. I asked for bigger tops for work claiming that I'd put on weight and wore a Cardigan as much as I could lol.

Most folk in work figured it out by around 10 weeks because I wasn't lifting patients as much and avoiding our more labile patients. Plus my bump got big quick! I announced it following our 12 week scan with a photo of my son in a Batman top saying "Every superhero needs a sidekick. Ollie's is arriving in May 2017!" :)

Aww cute way to announce! Did you find first trimester after losses difficult? :( I had an early mc last year so finding it hard to be overly excited about pregnancy. Of course I am very excited, but cautious- if that makes sense? Just counting down until finished first tri and on to second. But, every stage is fragile. Would be nice to be like those women who have never experienced loss and are excited.

I am deeply sorry about your loss.:hugs:

thanks hun, if the loss never happened i wouldn't have my wonderful son, i just look at it this way

nothing creative, just told people as i saw them. it was very exciting to tell my kids as they are old enough to understand what it means to have a new little brother. all friends and family were shocked as we were all sure we were done. i am planning to make a cute photo and put on facebook once he is born as an announcement

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->