ketones in urine

niknik1more

Reaction score
well i had my 1st midwife visit and all went fine well she did say i had ketones in my urine and said she could tell i was hungry, well id had egg on toast and a bag or crisps before i see her i was alittle hungry but not to to much, should i be worried about ketones as anyone had this im not worried yet just want to know more about it really iv looked it up on line and i cant really work it out iv been watching what i eat as im already over weight and dont want to put much on but if im going harm my baby ill eat alittle more :)

Have you had MS? A lot of times ketones is caused by not eating enough, or being dehydrated, or losing weight and using your bodies fat stores. At this point it is fine, but you have to keep drinking lots of water to help flush all those out. GL!

i would say you just make sure you drink lots of fluids, water, juice anything you can. you can have ketones due to being dehydrated. i had bad ms and was put on home iv where my urin was checked for ketones until i was hydrated again. good luck. its very important for your baby to be hydrated.

iv been feeling sick but not been sick and midwife said my wee was nice and light so said i must drink alot but i have days when i dont drink much at all as i dont drink tea or coffee and kinda went off drinking anything so maybe thats it maybe left over from the day before :) thanks for getting back to me im trying to eat very little as im so worried ill get massive but baby comes 1st going have to try eat dinner some days lol x

I work in a hospital and we have to dip
Peoples urine all the time, I would say 90% of people
Have ketones in there urine. I wouldn't worry

oh thanks only asking coz so many bad things on line about it lol

I really wouldn't worry. I think the Internet is a dangerous thing. If you were meant to worry your gp would have made a fuss about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->