Kids & Skiing..

Arlandria

Love being Mrs.C xx
Reaction score
We wanna take Olivia skiing etc but at min she's nearly 3 and was thinking this time next year, so she'll be nearly four. Is this too young??

:flower:

Not too young at all, thats a good age to start.

I'd say that's a great age! Never been myself but our friends took their boy every year from 3yrs old, he's now 12 and he's a whizz on the slopes.. Black runs and everything!

I grew up next to a ski hill and learned to ski shortly after I learned to walk. :) I started my little guy on x-c skis last year. We just went really slow and respected his boundaries (no matter how badly I wanted to get some skiing in! :)). So we'd go out for five minutes or so in the yard and practise, then do something else.
This year, he tried downhill once, and is really picking up on the x-c, and he is a fairly new three. We are just really careful not to push him. The same goes with hiking.

I don't remember learning to ski, I was just coming up 3. My parents live in Austria so we spend a lot of time over there, and will have LO on skis the winter after next at the very latest when he will be 2 and a half xx

It's a good age to start but i would be careful about picking your resort. depends if you want ski school or not as some resorts don't take them in to group classes until 5, so you would need private lessons instead. have a look at the ski school policies before you book.

It's a great age. At 4 you'd go probably go to ski nursery, which is more having fun than formal ski lessons, but they still do learn to ski.

yeah brilliant age i started skiing young about 3 - 4 because my mum loves skiing and we have been every year with 3 other family's since and last year was the first time i didnt go (had LO) i do highly recommend the family ski company they take all the kids to relevant ski schools and pick them up and feed them ect and do other activitys and babysit whilst the adults can go skiing and do what they want for the day.They also have a crèche for the tiny bubbas. and you stay in a chalet and they cook you and everyone all meals and cake and tea for when you get back from skiing. They are fantastic. x

Good age I would say. They don't have a chance to learn to be scared of trying new things yet. Pack them off to ski school while you enjoy a few black runs and pick them up at the end of the day...or was that just how my parents did it for me??? :)

We're going to Norway in a couple of weeks and the children are all hoping to do some snowboarding, even my 3 year olds. I think 3 is a great age to start xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->