Kinda like time off from TTC.

Garnet

Reaction score
It seems these last two years have been consumed with trying to have a child. After two Mc one in Sept of 10 and May of 11. I've been happier not trying again for a while. I was thinking when I MC last time that we would get back on the band wagon and try again but I finally seem to enjoy not being obessed with the baby making. I actually went on vacation last week without being worried about losing the baby or TTC. This TTC can be very time consuming and sucking the life out of you. :coffee:

Sounds good to me....we have not been at it long, but i am already sick of it....and i can't seem to do anything in a balanced manner....it's always 'all or nothing' for me....anything else seems half-assed....

You may be on to something, here....

I can already see why I ended up taking a break in 2010 from TTC ...

And I definitely think you may be onto something as well Garnet

Sounds good to me....we have not been at it long, but i am already sick of it....and i can't seem to do anything in a balanced manner....it's always 'all or nothing' for me....anything else seems half-assed....

You may be on to something, here....

I'm exactly the same, I can't seem to do anything without turning it into a major all consuming project, I'd like to say I was "passionate and driven", but it's more like I get obsessed with whatever I'm doing (be it buying a car, house OR making a baby!).

We're having to have a break this month due to my OH's working away so I'm going to have a major pissup with my pals and plan my big holiday.

I'll still come on here and cheer the rest of the ladies on of course.

Garnet - I feel ya! Like Indigo, we've not been at it very long, but that first month and a half when I found this board, and Fertility Friend - I eat, drank and slept TTC. When I didn't O, I lost it and quit everything.

I feel much better prepared to get back to it now. I know all of what I need to do, so this time all I have to worry about is implementing instead of spending hours on end reading and asking questions and doing all the work to track.

Of course, if I get another annovulatory month, then I may freak out again.

Im exactly the same, and I have worked hard all my life and gotten results....so its extra difficult to be working hard at TTCing, doing everything you are supposed to, and no results! and ontop of that no real reason why! thats very hard for my brain to understand, and I think thats why its so stressful for all of us.

Im exactly the same, and I have worked hard all my life and gotten results....so its extra difficult to be working hard at TTCing, doing everything you are supposed to, and no results! and ontop of that no real reason why! thats very hard for my brain to understand, and I think thats why its so stressful for all of us.

Exactly....i am used to results...and this seems beyond my control....:grr:

Needless to say, i am disgusted and disappointed in myself right now.....

What makes it even worse is that i thought i prepared myself to take it easy with this and simply enjoy the ride....and it seems as if i am incapable of anything short of "all or nothing"....which comes in handy with studies or career, but other things like ttc....:growlmad:

I also suspected that I might also go off the deep end doing this, and I have not failed to deliver in this regard!

The hardest thing is accepting factors that are beyond my control, most critically my partner's work schedule and his sore back - and that it doesn't matter how much I look after my health and do all the research, take the folic acid etc etc, if we can't DTD at the right time every month for the next few months it won't work, and even if we do, it might not work!

My coping strategy this month is going to be busy busy busy - try and divert myself with painting my living room and creating some wall art! Plus planning my big trip.

Girls your all so right . Indigo , not dismissing your feelings but go gently on yourself love.
I'm having a tough time after a year of ttc , because the other two were so quick ( I appreciate every minute how lucky I am to have them already ) it's still such a surprise. Just goes to show how arrogant I was going into this assuming it would be the same as the others. We even waited a while because I didn't want to have a baby around Christmas . How stupid and again arrogant.
I too am a facts person , and dislike that even when were timing everything right we have no control over the outcome. I relaxed a bit once I figured out mother natures part and that I was far more anaemic than I realized , so I'm hoping I've remedied this , or at least on the way too it takes ages.
My husband was a way all last month and it was such a relief to have a break , relax and not be in constant turmoil.
I too thought I'd be super cool over all this ! I guess I'm learning about myself along the way. I'll never take this pregnancy thing for granted again !

It's not fun, is it girls?

I've had to hide some friends on FB who kept spamming my feed with endless photos of their babies and baby related status updates (and don't get me started on the infant pic as profile pic!).

Weve been TTC for 2 years and there was a point were it was all i could think about..i was almost obsessed about it. The thing that actually calmed me down was getting Charlie me cat lol. It was almost as if i had something different to focus on and he helped tremendously.

Weve not been able to TTC recently due to my health and i really think if i didnt have Charlie, i would not have coped with it all as well as i have done.

Pets are a huge comfort, I so miss coming home to a happy little dog.

I am thinking about getting a new furbaby too.

It's SO hard. I basically took off two months (not by choice really) because of that 60 day cycle. I had gone at it balls to the wall when I first started, that in hindsight, the break was perfectly timed. I have a better attitude about it and I'm MUCH calmer about the process of tracking. I won't be near as obsessed/consumed as I was before, because now I know all the details.

Now, if I end up Oing - I reserve the right to be a basket case during the 2WW!! LOL:headspin:

I'm worse in the waiting to ov stage, our first 2 cycles my OH had a bad back and couldnt/wouldn't DTD on the critical day - I could have cheerfully hit him with a brick.

If I could go into the 2WW knowing that we'd done everything possible at the right time I would actually be calmer than when I'm waiting to ov (I think? this is cycle 3 and we're having to take a break as I'll be oving too early)

:shrug:Well I was just reflecting because like I said these last two years have been very strained. I was put on Clomid so they could do a FSH test on me and the week before was the hardest week in a very long time. I was on clomid and another tooth went bad so it had to have a root canal. I was on Clomid, Amoxicillian for the tooth and vikidin(sp) for the tooth pain. On Thursday, I had a allergic reaction inside my mouth so I had to take benedrly to eleviate the blisters. All of it hurt like the dickens. I've had 3 root canals in the last 6 months and they hurt bad. My husband BD around ovulation time but I wasn't trying to get pregnant. With my luck I'll end up pregnant without even trying...
:wacko:

That would be awesome for you, Garnet. You deserve it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->