Kindle/Nook/e-readers!

OnErth&InHvn

Mom to 4
Reaction score
do you have one? What kind? Love it? Hate it?

I am leaning towards a Kindle Keyboard, but DH thinks Id like the Kindle Fire. I just want something for Bookclub, etc, not so much for the bells and whistles. :shrug:

I just have standard kindle. I cant see you using keyboard that much tbh lol I just like it simple :)

I have an android phone that I use as an ebook reader

I have the ist gen kindle (with a keyboard) and i LOVE it!
Its so simple, and you can read it outside in strong sunlight but in the dark you need a lamp (ie just like a real book) its not heavy and has buttons each side for page turning. Couldn't recommend it enough.
I also like thats its amazon and so easy to buy books for (although this may be a bad thing!) you can buy on your computer and as long as your kindle is on wireless it'll just download them in about 5 seconds. I didn't bother getting the 3g version, if i ever go on holiday i'll download all the books before i go as you do not need to be connected to anything to actually read them.
My vote is def kindle :)

I have a kindle with the keyboard and I love it.
I read every night and the bsttery is so good I only have to charge it every few weeks even with the case with the light.
I wouldnt bother with the 3g unless your on the road alot, I normaly just open the wifi on my phone and let it connect through that ig im out and need to connect.
Just be carfull for some reason some kindle books on amazon are more expensive then what they sell the rral book for but that doesnt happen often

I also have a Kindle, but the newer version without the keyboard and I love love love it :D x

I have a kindle and love it. Though in the US the nook has a bigger range of books, as you can get them from any website rather than just one.

I've got a keyboardless Kindle and I love it - if you download the Callibre software as well, you can do things like put newspaper feeds onto it (or the BBC news website or whatever) and can get books from all over the place (including freebies from places like Project Gutenberg) and convert them to kindle format and put them on there. While getting them from Amazon is pretty close to idiot-proof (heck, my mother managed) - you can still get them from other places anyway.

The only thing mine doesn't do is work with the ebook loans for £1 from our local library.

I have a kindle and love it. Though in the US the nook has a bigger range of books, as you can get them from any website rather than just one.

The kindle you can get books from pretty much any website, I dont use amazon that much.
The kindle can open up nearly all formats and if there is one it doesnt know there is a website (cant remember its name off the top of mt head) that will convert the file in seconds to one kindle can read

I've got a keyboardless Kindle and I love it - if you download the Callibre software as well, you can do things like put newspaper feeds onto it (or the BBC news website or whatever) and can get books from all over the place (including freebies from places like Project Gutenberg) and convert them to kindle format and put them on there. While getting them from Amazon is pretty close to idiot-proof (heck, my mother managed) - you can still get them from other places anyway.

The only thing mine doesn't do is work with the ebook loans for £1 from our local library.

Didnt know the library did this, how does it wirk in regards to it being a loan and having a limited rume with it, how do they make you return it

i have the kindle keyboard and LOVE it, i'm glad OH got me the one with the keyboard as its really easy to search for a specific book! the battery life is really good! only charged it once since christmas, and thats using it most days!

Didnt know the library did this, how does it wirk in regards to it being a loan and having a limited rume with it, how do they make you return it

Think ours uses some Adobe software to download the book and set it to expire after 3 weeks - the software and format aren't supported by Kindle annoyingly but other e-readers seem to work OK. They take the payments by paypal (which I appear to be the only person on the planet not set up to use). We've got quite a techie-orientated library service though - not sure other councils are quite as set up for e-books yet.

I have the basic kindle (without keyboard) and i love it, i dont feel i need the keyboard at all. Kindles are fantastic......couldnt live without mine now x

I love my Kindle, it feels like I'm reading a real book IYKWIM? The battery lasts for ages with the wi-fi turned off

Its really to easy to search for a book without the keyboard lol? All you do is click on the on screen keyboard lol

^^^^^yeah you do get a on screen keyboard with the normal much cheaper kindle x

How much is the one without a keyboard then because the one with a keyboard was only about £90

i didnt know there was a touch keyboard on the normal ones, sorry! :)
mine's the one with the keyboard and was £152 as it has wifi and 3g internet.. isnt that the difference? :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->