Kindle/Nook/e-readers!

I dont think there is much difference, if you just want to download books to read the standard kindle is all you need. I only asked my hubby for the keyboard kindle because i didnt realise the cheaper one had one and thought you needed to plug it in to a laptop to download the books onto it iykwim............once i realised that wasnt the case i couldnt see the point in spending £60 extra just for the keyboard and the 3g internet as that wasnt something i needed........so went with the £89 standard kindle (which does have wifi) x

i have a standard kindle and LOVE IT

yeah 3g would be rubbish for me anyway as I download all books using my wifi (or costas wifi) :)

i got the 3g one so i can use it on holiday without having to pay for the hotel wifi, which would be silly for a few books! :flow:

I have a Kindle Fire and I LOVE it!!

I dont think there is much difference, if you just want to download books to read the standard kindle is all you need. I only asked my hubby for the keyboard kindle because i didnt realise the cheaper one had one and thought you needed to plug it in to a laptop to download the books onto it iykwim............once i realised that wasnt the case i couldnt see the point in spending £60 extra just for the keyboard and the 3g internet as that wasnt something i needed........so went with the £89 standard kindle (which does have wifi) x

The keyboard one isnt that expensive mine was only £90

I have the wifi only Kindle with keyboard and love it!

The Kindle customer support is fantastic too. My Kindle started freezing just before the warranty expired and they helped me to reset it and get all my books back - they also said they would replace it for free up to the first anniversary of me first connecting it to wifi rather than the strict warranty expiry date, which was a few days earlier.

Unfortunately my Kindle then met with an accident 2 weeks out of warranty - it was my first bath after my section and DH had to help me out and in the kerfuffle my Kindle got wet and malfunctioned.

I ordered an out of warranty replacement last night, it was £48.99 for the same version (£40 for the Kindle, the rest for next day delivery). I ordered it at 7pm and got an email at 10pm to say it had been dispatched by courier and to expect it today. I think I paid around £100 for my original one.

I loVe love love my kindle. I am a huge bibliophile and never thought id love ebooks but i do. i have the new kindle without keyboard and just wifi. i don't see the need for 3g as its only needed to buy books not to read them.

I also have an ipad and i wouldn't enjoy reading books on it all the time as its backlit and heavy in comparison to a normal book or kindle. i have the kindle app on my android phone and my ipad though which gives me access to my kindle library on them too.

Highly recommend a kindle

Well my new Kindle arrived at 12pm. I'm very impressed :D

The keyboard one isnt that expensive mine was only £90

When i got mine the standard kindle was £89 and the kindle with keyboard was £149 x

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/amazon-kindle-3g-ereader-graphite-08665567-pdt.html

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/amazon-kindle-11418737-pdt.html

Ok so i should stick with the Kindle Keyboard but get the one with WIFI, NOT 3g?

I liked this one: https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-eRead...pecial-Offers/dp/B0051QVESA/ref=r_kdia_h_i_gl
but the navigation seemed hard to me, i couldnt figure out how to get around it like the keyboard one.

Thoughts? I have to wait until next Friday and then ill go get one :) Im EXCITED!!

ETA: what are the "Special offers" and "screensavers" included in some of them?

I got a Kindle Keyboard for $70 off Craigslist. :happydance:

I am trying to tinker with it.

I got a kindle with out the keyboard on Friday and haven't put it down, It is the best thing I have owned! I really wish I had got one sooner.

Also my OH got me 3 years accident cover so if Oliver stepped on it or something... not that he would as I wont let him near it, it will be replaced with no questions asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->