Kindle- what do you think?

OmarsMum

Reaction score
For those who use one, how do you rate it?

Books are so expensive here & you can't find good books in public libraries.

TIA xx

Eta: the price for a kindle is £ 120 here

I don't know about the Kindle, but I do love my Nook. I heard they are both great, it just depends on your taste. I'd suggest doing some internet research on both and see what differences there are between all the e-reader's in your price range.

I love my Kindle! I hear the Nook is also a great product. Do some internet searching and watch youtube reviews! Then you can decide which reader is best for you. Trust me, you can't go wrong with either product :)

I hated mine at first because I really like holding the book, and being able to easily look back at previous pages. But I kind of like it now, because it is convenient and I can carry lots of books with me and have lots to choose from, and never have to store them on my overstuffed bookcase. I still prefer a book, but they do have their uses.

I have the kindle app on my iPhone and i love it, i agree that i would prefer to actually have a book but being in Cyprus books are ridiculously expensive and quite limited for choice.

Even though im a complete book fanatic I love mine because im so impatiant that typicaly ill run out of somthing to read late at night and I dont want to have to wait till I can get to a shop or library.
Im also spoilt so if I see somthing I want to read then I want it now :)
Its also great for starage because I ran out of wall space for bookcases :)
Mines the one from amazon so I think it was about £100 then the case was about £30 because I wanted the little light attachment.

I'm pretty sure all Kindles are the same price no matter where they're from! They're £111 for the wifi only one on Amazon and the same price in Tesco but without having to wait :D

I didnt bother with the 3G one as it just seemed silly to pay extra just to be able to download from anywhere, I dont think im going to be in a possition where I suddenly think "I have to have a book right now" :) if im going to be away for a bit ill just download a couple before I go.

I like how these adverts we have are spying on us :) the top one is for a book and the one at the bottom is for a kindle :)

:lol: Cookies!

I didn't get 3G either but it doesn't stop me loving my Kindle. It is seriously the best birthday gift I've ever received. I've read 50 books since May - I find it easier to read on Kindle because I make the print a bit bigger at night and take my glasses off before I go to sleep. Not a day goes by when I don't have a good read before I go to sleep :)

Mr Boofs loves his - he says it's the best present he's ever received. He loves being able to download books straight from amazon on to the kindle, if he fancies a book he can get it immediately wherever he is x

I have the kindle app on my iPhone and i love it, i agree that i would prefer to actually have a book but being in Cyprus books are ridiculously expensive and quite limited for choice.

How can I get the kindle app? Do I have to buy it? is there a Kindle app for ipad?

I downloaded ibooks on my iphone & ipad but I cant find a good website to buy Epub format books.

Kindle books on Amazon use a different format :shrug:

Kindle books reader is out of stock & until now I can't find one :nope:

You can download the free iPad off from the App store :)

Thanks hun, will look for it tom xx

Kindle app for ipad/iphone is not supported here! typical

Any good websites to download books in epub format?

Im generaly a bit naughty and get mine in pdf or word files off torrent sites as kindles can read many formats :blush:

Im generaly a bit naughty and get mine in pdf or word files off torrent sites as kindles can read many formats :blush:

:rofl:

I think I can use my ipad to read them :blush:

I dont have time to go out & buy books, & they're sooo expensive here :(

I adore my kindle! I honestly don't know how I lived without it now!

i LOVE my kindle, best present ever! :) mine was £152 for the 3g and wifi xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"