kindle

Pink Flowers

Reaction score
I have been thinking and i think with the amount if time i spend reading it might he worth getting one. I just have a few questions.

What is the average sort of price for a book, does it work out cheaper than having paperbacks?

If you are like me who.can read a couple of books in a day does it have good battery life?

Doesn't it hurt your eyes reading on a screen?

And are they really as good as everyone makes out?

Hi

My OH won one just before Christmas. TBH i probably wouldn't of bought one if he hadn't won it as i have an iPod that i can read books on.
However i have been quite impressed with it. I would say it feels really plastic and cheap but then i am comparing it with an iPad which is obviously so much more expensive.

The books are generally quite cheap - i was surprised. I don't really buy books full price as i tend to get them from charity shops, so the idea of paying a lot for a book never appeals to me - but they are pretty good. They do special offers at times etc. OH has recently bought some books and they've started at 49p going up to around £1.99.
Not sure about battery life as i haven't really used it much.
It hasn't hurt my eyes at all when i've used it.

You can look in the kindle store on amazon to get an idea of costs
Battery life is amazing, I use mine all the time and charge perhaps once a month
It isn't backlit so won't hurt your eyes at all, you can read it in full sunlight but will need a lamp when in a darker room (just like a book)
I have an iPad also and would hands down rather read on my kindle than iPad.

If you get ebooks on Amazon they have a top 100 list including a list of top 100 free ebooks, the list doesn't change that much but I have been able to pick up a few ebooks for free.
The battery life is good if you turn wifi off and the screen is easy to see.

You read a couple of books a day ? ...... :haha: you must spend alot of time on the bog :winkwink:

I LOVE my Kindle, Tegan's Mama convinced me to get one and I am so glad that I did.

The screen is not backlit and looks exactly like a page in a book, my eyes have never hurt.

The battery lasts for a good couple of weeks and I just stick it on charge one night every 2 weeks.

The books are really decently priced, there are loads of free books, and then there are books ranging from 49p upwards. It really makes you read a wider scope of authors.

Couldn't recommend them highly enough!! :thumbup:

I love my kindle and take it most places with me.

Average price for a book is anything from free to about £3, normaly the kindle book is alot cheaper then the real thing but in some realu odd cases the kindle books is more expensive but its rare.
You dont have to just stick to Amazon either I normaly pick up free books from many other sites.

Battery is brilliant, I read every night and I have a case with a light on it so that uses the battery as well but I only need to charge it up every few weeks.
The wifi on it does use a fair bit of power though so turn that off when not using it.

I have never had any problems with it hurting my eyes, its not back lite (if reading at night you will need an aditional light)

I have a few thousand kindle books if anyone wants something for free give me a shout and ill see if I have it :)

I think I will be getting one, M has said if I really want to get one he will get me one when he gets paid. so we will see :D

Dont bother with the 3g one its realy not worth the extra money unless your on the road all the time.
If your planning on taking it out with you just put the books on before you leave

I am going to get the one with out 3g as it isn't something I would use. Plus I don't like the keyboard on it lol

I am going to get the one with out 3g as it isn't something I would use. Plus I don't like the keyboard on it lol

I think there is a the one without a keyboard do a 3g as well so make sure you got the right one.
Tescos where doing a special offer not long back and that was a amazon one.

Average price for a book is anything from free to about £3, normaly the kindle book is alot cheaper then the real thing but in some realu odd cases the kindle books is more expensive but its rare.
You dont have to just stick to Amazon either I normaly pick up free books from many other sites.
Battery is brilliant, I read every night and I have a case with a light on it so that uses the battery as well but I only need to charge it up every few weeks.
The wifi on it does use a fair bit of power though so turn that off when not using it.

I have never had any problems with it hurting my eyes, its not back lite (if reading at night you will need an aditional light)

I have a few thousand kindle books if anyone wants something for free give me a shout and ill see if I have it :)

what other sites do you use if you dont mind sharing? :)

i love my kindle, i use it alot! my OH got me the wifi & 3g keyboard kindle for my birthday a month ago and i havent put it down :haha:
i'd recomend it to anyone that loves reading, the books are cheap (free - £3?), theres no back light so doesnt hurt your eyes - it just looks like your reading a real book!

there amazingggggg, cant believe i didnt think to buy one for myself months ago! :)

There are a few places you can get olf clasics grom but I cant remember tne names, google search should bring them up.

Most of my more recent books arnt excactly from legal sitrs though :)

There are a few places you can get olf clasics grom but I cant remember tne names, google search should bring them up.

Most of my more recent books arnt excactly from legal sitrs though :)

ohh okay, dont suppose you could PM me? :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->