Kindles??

hawalkden

Reaction score
I'm very tempted to buy a kindle and I know it's the fizzling craze at the moment.
I've been looking into the books etc what I could get and I like true stories of childhood etc and on the kindle it's only like 99p-£1.40 for one of the books but in WHSmiths at the moment for them releases they are £6.99 etc.
what's the pros and cons of having one?
How long does the battery last etc?
How often did you use yours in the beginning to now?
Thanks

I LOVE mine!

I have to admit I dont use it much as I should, simply because im reading less now. But its amazing, its light, small you never need to find room for a book on a shelf or in your bag.

I was pretty anti-kindles in a old school degree in english kinda way. But honestly its amazing, best gadget out there in my opinion.

My battery lasts about a month OH charges his about once every two weeks but he uses it for about 1-3hrs a day. Lots of books available and you can also share them between friends.

I love mine too! I was originally sceptical, as I love books and thought I'd miss the feeling of holding a real book. DH bought me one for my birthday, and I was hooked from the word go. A lot of the books I read were real behemoths, especially the hardbacks! It's actually really quite nice to be able to read the book and not have my hands aching :blush:

I'm an absolute Kindle convert :thumbup:

I have a Kobo from WHSmith. Theyre only £49.99 at the moment. I love it :) Ive not used it properly yet because im waiting for my case for it to arrive from Amazon still. But theyre well worth it. I bought a book in there half price (£3.49) but found it on the Kobo store for £1.99! The book is going back to the shop now because ive not read it and got it cheaper elsewhere.

Another convert here! I thought I'd miss real books but the kindle is lighter and more convenient. I use mine every day and I've only had to charge it twice since Feb (although it is coming up to charge time again)

I'm not a fan of how the Kindle works, so i can't decide if they are actually amazing, or its a hype thing iykwim? like they are obviously popular but ... basically i don't like that annoying flicky thing it does between pages :/ i was going to post a while back actually asking if thats an actual thing or is it because i have only used store demos.. but i really can't get to grips with um :/ i am currently stuck between getting a vox and a kindle, so will watch this :)

the obvious plus is having INSTANT books i love the idea of that x

I use a Sony one instead for libre reasons, love it XXX

I LOVE my kindle. I didn't think I wanted one at all, and we got one free when we signed up to some insurance policy thingy, and I honestly had planned to sell it on :haha:

I use it all the time, it's so convenient and I've only charged it 2-3 times since March. That's reading it every single day. It's so handy to carry around and it can fit so many books on it. I love getting books instantly as well.

I really really didn't think I'd like it - I thought I was quite old fashioned when it comes to books, but it's the best thing I ever got!

I have had mine a year. I use it 2-4 hours a day depending how I sleep that night/how Tegan sleeps. I charge it once every two weeks. I use it as much now as I did at the start.

The only advice I will give you is get a case. My screen broke really easily

Also I thought I loved reading actually books, but I went as far as donating my entire book collection (more than 500 books) to charity. :)

Battery lasts weeks

Really awesome screen to read from

I have a leather case with built in light its fab

Download a program called caliber onto your computer and it can turn almost any text document into a kindle friendly format

You'll be surprised how many legit books you can get for free on Amazon and project gjtenburg and places like that. If you're not objecting to non legit downloads than you can get hundreds if books free

I just can't do it! :hissy:

I love just regular books and turning pages!
Right now I'm reading the Fifty Shades of Grey books on my iPod AND IT'S SO FREAKING HARD. :(

That's the difference between iPod/iPad and kindle - iPods etc are backlit which is why they're difficult to read from. Kindles are not backlit and the screen literally looks like the page of a book. I used to treasure the feel of a book. But you don't realise how awkward readig from a book actually is until youve a kidle for a few months. No more benson pages back, struggling to get your handles comfortable (this counts especially with long books). Plus you can fit thousands of books on a kindle. You can take your entire library on holiday with you

I love my kindle. Its nothing like reading on ipod/ipad. Its amazing and I am totally converted x

I have had mine for 4 months and have read over 50/60 books on it already.

my battery will last 3-4 weeks depending if I have the WiFi on.

I tell everyone I know to get one lol!

M sil has got one. I think the battery literally lasts for ages because it doesn 't have any backlight. The Kindle isnt for me though, I am a more haptic book reader, I need to feel the pages texture, the turning of the page and the feeling of the bookhalves getting bigger or smaller. .. :haha:

My batter lasts about a week between charges and thats with it powering thr light on the case and using it every night.
I lovr mine and already have a few thousand books for it

Oh and iv only just discovered you can use the internet on it and look at facebook and bnb, had it since they first came out and only just realised thar :)

I love my kindle. I had it for Christmas and have read about 40 books on it so far! Today i was really impressed because i went out in the sun to read and the kindle was still sooo clear and easy to read from!

Im a total convert and love mine!

Thanks guys, Looks like I'm getting one on PayDay :) haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"