Kitchen diner colour

lau86

Reaction score
We've recently moved and now have a big kitchen/ diner/ playroom in a large long thin room. The kitchen cupboards are a shiny grey with orange splashbacks. The walls are painted cream. We have sliding doors and two windows, none of which have curtains or blinds. I mentioned to my husband about decorating and he said it was fine. It is nice but I don't know whether to add a bit more colour or whether that would be going over the top. Any ideas? We have grey and mustard in the lounge so don't want more mustard really

E.g. I don't know if these curtains would tie is all together well or not?

Attachments

• IMG_4280.jpg
    IMG_4280.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 20
E.g. I don't know if these curtains would tie is all together well or not?

I find that brown based colors such as fawn, caramel, latte, espresso etc work well as well as other earthy tones. Too dark can be an issue but browns are warm, neutral colors that go with any palette. Be careful though as some colors can make the room feel cold or small and you don't want to do something that you are going to regret later. My landlord has given me the go-ahead to pick my paint colors for the lounge, kitchen, hall, wash house and toilet and given it's all open plan, it will all be the same color so opting for a latte. He will also pay for the ceiling paint and I'm thinking yellow for the bathroom. Play around with color charts and see what goes well and what doesn't and getting test posts and slapping a little color against what you are thinking or have can really help put everything into perspective too. Some decorating stores can do computer imaging of your room and use the colors you have/thinking which will also help you see the finished room before you decide to go ahead with anything.

Those curtains sound like they would tie everything together well. I'd probably paint the walls white or a really pale grey to the it all together as well. Then, to match the colour scheme I'd probably accessorise with 60s themed kitsch decorations matching your theme. I'm looking at a similar theme for our living room actually!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->