Knew they had messed it all up :(

Jessicahide

Reaction score
Well my suspicions were right, even though i was referred to the midwife on the 19th April and she has still made no contact... The scan people have received no referral at all, only my epu one, but they need a separate one so i have no 12 week scan booked at all..... I could actually cry!

Have you managed to speak to someone to get this referral arranged? Can you contact the midwives directly?

With my 12 week scan (which was actually at 14 weeks thanks to my midwife!) they couldn't do the measurement for the Down's syndrome test so they rebooked me for a 'quads' blood test.

So in theory, if it's the test you're upset about missing then you should request that blood test as there's no scan needed to go with it to receive results.

If it's because you wanted to see your bubs, could you just book a private scan?

No i wouldn't want to nucal scan, but its the dating scan seeing baby is viable then seeing my consultant as i am high risk i was concerned about. I have called my doc's and asked for them to start the referral again......

I'm also under consultant care, and they are very blasé about seeing me before 20 weeks. It was a nightmare just being seen for my '12 week' scan. I have three other kids so the test was important to us as we would need to make more home adjustments etc should results come back positive.

If you struggle with the system then I highly recommend a private scan. We have one at 16 weeks to find out the gender but they do a great wellbeing check first and if they find anything they give you a slip to take to your GP to speed up a refurral ☺️

I'm also under consultant care, and they are very blasé about seeing me before 20 weeks. It was a nightmare just being seen for my '12 week' scan. I have three other kids so the test was important to us as we would need to make more home adjustments etc should results come back positive.

If you struggle with the system then I highly recommend a private scan. We have one at 16 weeks to find out the gender but they do a great wellbeing check first and if they find anything they give you a slip to take to your GP to speed up a refurral ☺️

Are you in the uk? I have never known anything like this, i just had a baby 6 months ago and everything went so smoothly, i knew i wouldn't be so lucky twice in a row!

Yep I'm in the UK. Buckinghamshire. I've yet to have a 'smooth' pregnancy :dohh:

Yep I'm in the UK. Buckinghamshire. I've yet to have a 'smooth' pregnancy :dohh:

Lol, my last one was a dream, appointments all booked at 12 week scan, induction happened on the right day.....

I'm in the UK and where I am you don't get referred for your scan until your booking in at 10 weeks. So there may still be time to get one booked x

I'm in the UK and where I am you don't get referred for your scan until your booking in at 10 weeks. So there may still be time to get one booked x

Oh i will be getting scanned,if they like it or not, when i turn 12 weeks i will be going up there and demanding i am scanned, they don't know what sort of crazy they are messing with!!!

I'm in the UK and just got my appointment for my scan today at 9w1d. It's on the 24th when I'll be 11w2d x

My '12 week scan' wasn't until I was 12+6, and it was booked the day of my booking appointment...at 12+6! Yes the same day :dohh:

I am really getting the hump now...... still no word from midwife...... :(

Absolutely disgusting with your history hun. They really still do not grasp the importance of te reassurance you need when you've lost a child do they.

Can you phone your gp surgery and speak to s nice understanding Dr that can get the ball rolling? X

Absolutely disgusting with your history hun. They really still do not grasp the importance of te reassurance you need when you've lost a child do they.

Can you phone your gp surgery and speak to s nice understanding Dr that can get the ball rolling? X

Thank you laraloo, i called on wednesday morning and asked for her to start all the referrals again, she is really great and always hot on things like that, my husband said he is getting on the case this week and he wants to know what the bloody hell is going on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->