Knew this would happen

marley2580

Reaction score
I knew this would happen. We stopped giving Kaya a bottle for a couple of weeks (lack of time etc) and now she won't take it :dohh: Anyone got a way to persuade her?

u tried a diff teat? tried gettin dad to give her it ?

No idea as we have the same problem with Tommy, so I'd be grateful for any suggestions. Here's what I've tried so far:

1. Different bottles - 4 different kinds
2. Different teats - 2 different speeds for each bottle
3. Different temperatures
4. Cups - 4 different kinds including a teacup
5. Expressed milk
6. Different people giving the bottle
7. Me being in a different room
8. No eye contact/no cuddling
9. Warming the teat
10. Distracting him with the TV
11. Dipping the teat in squash (yeah I know, we're desperate)
12. Mixing squash in the milk (see 11.)
13. Cows milk (see 11 and 12)
14. Rubbing the teat on me and expressing milk onto it

None of these have worked.

Help! :help:

Meant to add, that I have also tried:

1. Spoon feeding him formula (today I will be spoon feeding him expressed milk - hopefully)
2. Not BFing him until he takes bottle. We went a whole day and I felt that I couldn't put him to bed in all conscience without having any milk. Plus I was :cry:by the end of it.

I'm a totally at my wits end. Please help me! :cry::cry::cry:

well, I got a beaker now for 4 month +, haven't tried it though.

sorry, Helen I do not remember exactly, do you want him to get used to formula or to the bottle?

sorry, Helen I do not remember exactly, do you want him to get used to formula or to the bottle?

Ideally formula in whatever format so that I can stop BFing and leave them with other people. I'm only mucking about expressing to see if that helps - it doesn't. He's refused expressed milk on a spoon, screwing his face up.

Oh... the other thing we've tried is mixing it in with his food. That's fine but he still doesn't want to drink it.

TBH because of his age (nearly 8 months) I'm thinking of cutting his BFs back to only 2 a day (morning and night). He has 4 at the mo (lunchtime and teatime) and possibly getting some vitamin drops.

Sorry, Marley. I've highjacked your thread a bit here, but hopefully some of the things I've tried will work for you.

what about a syringe? u know the medicine 1s u get?

Gosh, some babies are so stubborn when it comes to switching to a bottle.

It took me a good month with my daughter. I tried different nipples, different formula, etc. Finally, finally she took a bottle but when it came to when she needed to nap or go to bed, she wanted to breastfeed. Lasted until 1 year.

BUT, my boy, it lasted 3 years. Mind you I was so tired with two young ones as they are only 18 months apart, and my boy being a nightowl who took power naps throughout the day, that I didn't try as much as I possibly should have.

I think it's a boy thing too. Boobs and boys go hand in hand. LOL

This time around, I will be doing things differently :) I hope anyhow!

must really be a boy thing then :baby:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->