Knitting Club

Beautiful blanket, lillysmum - what yarn are you using?
I want to post a picture of the blanket I knit Simon, but it just had a washing accident and has practically felted itself. I'm very sad. :(

Awww your poor blanket :hugs: can you use it for something else? xxx

:hissy: I think a cat mat may be all it's good for now.:cry:
I will try to de-fuzz and soften it, but it doesn't look very hopeful.

Not sure what kind of damage it is...but you could try a 'de-pluffer' as my mum and I put it... One of the little bobble remover dealies you can get from the pound shop - they have like a razor that cuts bobbles and imperfections off of the surface of clothes.... Sorry if that's no use, it's the first thing that came to mind, lol! :)

Thank you!
That might take care of the fuzz, but I don't know about the felting. It's tricky because the stitch pattern keeps changing direction, so it will be very time consuming to de-fuzz.
There are lots of cute knit booty patterns. Do you need some links?

The finished blanket .....

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2451/3814735414_a94b9d3408.jpg

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3465/3814735410_2d37711bc7.jpg

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3425/3814735404_6afaf14567.jpg

Next Project is a moons & stars blanket pattern of stockinette stitch and reverse stockinette stitching, round neck jumper for lucas and a scarf using faggot stitch.......photos to come....

Don't understand any of what you're doing next but that blanket is so beautiful! Well done you :thumbup:

Once I'm tidy I'm going to get the blanket out that I started about 2 years before elliot was born to finish that!!!

xxx

Lilysmum - beautiful job! He looks very cosy and pleased! I just started a knitting class where you bring in your projects and get help. I have now finally worked out the proper sizing on a very simple hat I'm trying to freestyle (do without a pattern) for a friend and I am determined to finish a sweater I started for my brother. The class is a bit dear, but it does kick my derriere into gear. I'm on this Finish Those Projects Already kick! :)

Anyone got any advice for me ? I can knit only using plain, pearl and dropstitch (what I learned in school) I dont even remember how to cast off:blush:but I would really like to start knitting again !

Anyone got any advice for me ? I can knit only using plain, pearl and dropstitch (what I learned in school) I dont even remember how to cast off:blush:but I would really like to start knitting again !

How do you learn best?
Would you do well with just some good written instructions or would you prefer to be taught in person?
You can do loads of projects with the stitches you already know - maybe that's a good way to start? That's sort of what I do - I choose a few projects that teach me something new and in between those I do projects that let me practice the new stuff. I use a combination of classes and the internet and some good books.

Thank you so much ! im actually going to start looking for a simple project now :)

Hey girls, I'd love some knitting/crochet patterns if you can recommend any good ones for booties... I'm having difficulty following the crochet ones at the moment!! :dohh: I can do basic stuff, but there's just weird things (dunno if anyone can explain better to me???) like 3 single crochets in the second chain <--- What the?! Does it mean through the same hole, or crochet one then through THAT hole? I know it must be SIMPLE as...I don't know what! But I really don't get it. :(

P.S Love the blanket Lillysmum!!

Hey girls, I'd love some knitting/crochet patterns if you can recommend any good ones for booties... I'm having difficulty following the crochet ones at the moment!! :dohh: I can do basic stuff, but there's just weird things (dunno if anyone can explain better to me???) like 3 single crochets in the second chain <--- What the?! Does it mean through the same hole, or crochet one then through THAT hole? I know it must be SIMPLE as...I don't know what! But I really don't get it. :(

P.S Love the blanket Lillysmum!!

Interweave Knits have loads of patterns, but not al of them are free. Maybe try Ravelry?
Sorry, I'm no help with the crocheting - I only knit.

Thanks. :) Any good knitting patterns? TBH I prefer knitting, but crocheting is faster (apparently....if I knew what in the heck I was doing!) so I wanna at least have a good go at it.

I have been very industrious recently, (which may explain why I haven't been on here for a while)

Here are my current projects I have finished (attached pictures)

Have made a hat and scarf set for a friends baby, a scarf for lucas, a hat for lilly and am in the middle of doing a hat for lucas and a blanket for my friends baby who's due end of the month and a mobile phone holder.

I also have set up a facebook page for people to join and ask me for anything they want knitted, i will post the link but at the moment facebook is up to it's usual tricks :)

Attachments

• 10092009078.jpg
    10092009078.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 2
  • STA41517.jpg
    STA41517.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 3
  • scarf.jpg
    scarf.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1
  • STA41516.jpg
    STA41516.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 4
  • STA41520.jpg
    STA41520.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 1
Wow!!! They all fantastic, you have been busy..!!! I love the white hat and scarf set, they're gorgeous, they all are. You've made me want to knit Elliot a bobble hat for winter...

I managed to buy some wool :lol:

awesome Elm!!

nightkd - here's some good simple knitting patterns I found on the net to get you started.

Thank you! :)

Just thought I'd show off my first finished scarf! The wool was a funny colour, went from a nice mossy green to vibrant blue, so the mossy green now looks dirty in comparison :dohh: otherwise!:

https://i490.photobucket.com/albums/rr265/nightkd2/DSCF1157.jpg

As you can see (at least a sample of) my craftroom...is a little messy. :blush::lol: I am a spreader - I start one project and spread out, then find an empty space, start another project, spread that out...and so on! :lol:

Lovely work, lilysmum!
I need to finish some things, then I'll get posting, too!

Hi everyone :)

Im pretty new to knitting, but my MIL is a maniac with a pair of needles, so far she has knitted us 7 cardies, booties and mittens, all in mint green, even something called a "helmet" lol.

The patterns she uses are really old and falling apart, so I was looking to get her some new ones as a thank you present for all she has done so far, or even if someone has copies of cardigans/blankets/jackets Patterns that I could have/buy?

I did buy a knitting magazine last week, and had a little go but at the moment dont have the patience to keep trying, i'm too hormonal! lol.

All your creations on here are lovely! :) xx

The finished blanket .....

https://farm3.static.flickr.com/2451/3814735414_a94b9d3408.jpg

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3465/3814735410_2d37711bc7.jpg

https://farm4.static.flickr.com/3425/3814735404_6afaf14567.jpg

I made that exact same blanket for my little one when I was pregnant, Is it called sunshine or something like that??

Hi all, glad I found this thread!!! I love knitting, but hate assembling the pieces when making sweaters! Sarah, any suggestions on how to convert patterns to circular needles? I love Stephanie Jampel's books, all her sweater patterns are done with circulars, but none of my baby books have this :-( I am working on 2 different baby sweaters now, will post photos when I get home tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->