Knitting Club

:hi: nuffmac!
Welcome!
Lots to choose from. Do you want cables, colours, patchwork-style...?

This one is a little different and next on my list. I plan to choose a hand-dyed multi-coloured yarn like the one pictured on the soulemama blog link here:
(scroll down a little to see it)
https://www.soulemama.com/soulemama/2011/01/in-the-basket.html
And here is the pattern she posted of it:
https://web.archive.org/web/20080404200224/https://www.knitlist.com/00gift/round-baby-blanket.htm

has anyone seen a pattern for a nappy soaker made out of chunky yarn? i dont tend to knit as much anymore cos it takes me too long but thought itd be good to knit up a chunky soaker cos it wouldnt take too long and would hopefully be bomb proof :) x

thanks Sarahkk,

I think I'll start with a patchwork-style and that way I can build in samplers as I get into the hang of knitting again. The mistakes won't be so obvious that way!! Am so glad I found this thread.

I love the pinwheel blanket, especially the edging - very unusual.

:)

has anyone seen a pattern for a nappy soaker made out of chunky yarn? i dont tend to knit as much anymore cos it takes me too long but thought itd be good to knit up a chunky soaker cos it wouldnt take too long and would hopefully be bomb proof :) x

I didn't get a chance to go through the all, but I bet you could adapt something here:
https://diaperpages.com/soaker.php

nuffmac -
If you are looking for a patchwork style, you could try mitred squares.
I'm trying to find a pattern for you, but basically, I did a baby blanket for my eldest by using a self-striping yarn and doing a 9 square x 9 square blanket with a border.
Super easy and looks complicated and advanced! :haha:
If you look back through this thread, I have posted a few pictures. Unfortunately, it got a bit felted in the washer (still mad about that! :growlmad:), but you can get the jist of it.

Cool. Thanks Sarahkk, Will have a look through Posts. Will post pic if I ever finish!! Although I have to say have been doing some knitting this morning and had forgotten how relaxing I found it. :)

i'm new in knitting... lolz.. i was so excited on my first scarf...

Hello knitters! Just finished another scarf tonight. It's going to be a gift for my mom. I am going to work on a baby blanket now!

It's adult learners week here in the UK so today I will be teaching my first ever knitting class at work. Never tried to teach anyone how to knit before so here's hoping I won't just end up with a load of confused and bored work colleagues!!:wacko:

It's adult learners week here in the UK so today I will be teaching my first ever knitting class at work. Never tried to teach anyone how to knit before so here's hoping I won't just end up with a load of confused and bored work colleagues!!:wacko:

good luck,im sure they will enjoy it.

Wannabe - do you have Stitch 'n' Bitch by Debbie Stoller? Her instructions for learning how to knit are pretty cute and easy to follow.
And you could offer silly prizes for the most rows knit, the most stitches dropped, etc? Just a thought to keep it funny and keep everyone's mind open to it! :)

Thanks everyone, it went pretty well. We managed to cover casting on, Knit, Purl and casting off which gave everyone enough to get started and they seemed to all catch on remarkably well, I was expecting to have a load of people with a tangle of knots and confused looks but I think at least a couple will actually try to knit something at home which is what I wanted.:thumbup:

I do have the stitch n bitch book which i LOVE, the only problem is that a lot of the terms used are specific to America, so I would have to "translate" it!!

Thanks everyone, it went pretty well. We managed to cover casting on, Knit, Purl and casting off which gave everyone enough to get started and they seemed to all catch on remarkably well, I was expecting to have a load of people with a tangle of knots and confused looks but I think at least a couple will actually try to knit something at home which is what I wanted.:thumbup:

I do have the stitch n bitch book which i LOVE, the only problem is that a lot of the terms used are specific to America, so I would have to "translate" it!!

glad they enjoyed it and it went well,well done.:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->