Knitting Club

hi all. i think im going to give knitting a go. not sure how i will get on but i can try. i think i might do a blanket for caleb xx

Just wanted to bump this up! I'm new to BnB and I've only been knitting about a year but would love to get into it a bit more!

hey guys :)

I used to crochet alot and in the past few months have started again and taught myself to knit as well. :)

Decided to get back in practice with a few blankets - made one each for my new nephews and one for my self (which the dog promptly nicked!!).
Am now working on xmas oresents and have so far made a bag (for a 6 yr old), a mug warmer, a candy/chocolate/trinket box, and 2 scarves.

Am working on a few beanie hats with kitten ears right now and a couple more scarves.

Also making a snood for the first time on circular needles (not as hard as working a round :) )

I will try to get piccys :)

I tend to get easily bored with things though and swap to new projects all the time :)

I have also never used a pattern :) I try but I find them confusing and prefer to just sit and see what the wool decides to do with itself :)

Hello fellow Knitters,:hi:
Thought I'd pop in here, see what was going on- glad to see you bumped the site Saysib!
I should be working on LO's next jumper instead of writing here though:blush:
I'm an old knitting hand, been knitting for years and always have too many things on the go... like you Calasen!
What have you made so far Saysib? What do you want to make? You never know, I might be able to give you some tips:flower:

Hi there, knitty girls!
Glad this thread is active again!
I just finished a little hat for a hat and mitt set that my mum started for my toddler when she was here visiting. We made it out of self-striping sock yarn and just doubled the yarn. It is quite cute, very cozy, and I'm hoping the bit of nylon in with the merino will make the mittens durable enough for an active toddler.
I must admit that socks are my waterloo. I have yet to finish a pair. I've seen several that I thought were inspiring and gorgeous, but the actual knitting of them just doesn't seem to keep me interested. So knowing that the sock yarn works well for mitts means I can use up some of my stash of abandoned sock projects! :)
I also have a sweater (jumper) on the go for my brother and a super easy baby blanket that I started for new baby and must finish!
I'll try to post pics of projects - I love seeing what others are working on, too! :)

I LOVE sock wool too:happydance:!!! I've made loads of hats and cardies for LO with sock wool and everyone thinks I've done some really complex fairisle pattern, I don't tell them it's the wool that does all the work!
I know what you mean about knitting socks, it's the fact that you have to do 2 that bugs me! Plus my mum is a sock knitting addict so I let her do all the socks in our family!
You've got loads of stuff on the go too :thumbup:
I'll try and get some pics up too...oh and I'm sure the toddler will grow out of the gloves before they wear out!!!

HollyMonkey - I know! I LOVE self-striping wool! If you look back at some earlier posts on this thread, I've used it in mitred square projects and it looks very complicated and skilled, but is actually ridiculously easy.
Sirdar is making a whole line of faux fair isle yarns just for sweater projects: both baby and adult sizes now. I think the line is called "Crofter's"? I'll have to check. My mum whipped up a little sweater and toque for Tobe with it and it's really lovely.
Is knitting a big thing in France?
It's really had a renaissance here in North America in the last five years or so. Lots of incredible yarn as a result! :)

HollyMonkey - I know! I LOVE self-striping wool! If you look back at some earlier posts on this thread, I've used it in mitred square projects and it looks very complicated and skilled, but is actually ridiculously easy.
Sirdar is making a whole line of faux fair isle yarns just for sweater projects: both baby and adult sizes now. I think the line is called "Crofter's"? I'll have to check. My mum whipped up a little sweater and toque for Tobe with it and it's really lovely.
Is knitting a big thing in France?
It's really had a renaissance here in North America in the last five years or so. Lots of incredible yarn as a result! :)

hello:flower:
In France it's still a bit grannyish to knit, and my French friends think I'm a bit eccentric! But in the Uk there's been a real revival and it's quite funky to knit over there! They do have lovely wool in here France but it's very expensive- fortunately my mum sends me stuff over from the UK! Here's a sock wool cardi I made for LO when I was pregnant- lots of buttons, went a bit crazy on the buttons holes!:fool: I'll go and have a look at your stuff on earlier posts...

Attachments

• sock wool cardi.jpg
    sock wool cardi.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 9
Wow just had a look through earlier posts and I'm inspired to finish off projects now! Your blanket is lovely- gorgeous rich colours, and that little cable cardi really cute. That's a good idea, a little cable sweater for LO.It's ages since I've cabled , I'll have to dig out my pattern book and refresh my memory! Although I must quickly finish off a jumper I've started for LO, now the cold weather's set in she needs it:cold: I'm just doing a basic pattern in a sock wool...she already has the hat.....

Attachments

• work in progress.jpg
    work in progress.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 4
  • Holly in sock wool hat.jpg
    Holly in sock wool hat.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 5
HollyMonkey - so cute! Both the baby and the knitting! :)
That little cabled raglan baby sweater I posted was so fast to knit up and is also a great stash buster! :)
Your cardi is stunning! I have yet to attempt proper buttonholes. :blush: I always cheat or avoid them altogether.

I don't mind doing button holes, it's the making up I find tedious,:sleep: so I sometimes do the 'all in one go' knit ones too, but most of the patterns I have involve some putting together at the end:shrug:
I'm going to investigate that Sirdar faux Fair Isle you mentioned- see if I can order it online....:comp:

I've just completed my first project from a pattern - a pretty beret - although I think I need practice on tension as the beret is HUGE!!! :) Looks good though - trying a more complex one now for some ballerina slippers :)

I've just completed my first project from a pattern - a pretty beret - although I think I need practice on tension as the beret is HUGE!!! :) Looks good though - trying a more complex one now for some ballerina slippers :)

Well done!:thumbup: I know what you mean about tension- the hat I just knitted for LO is a tad tighter than I wanted, I'll have to knit another one for the otherside of Xmas, she's growing so quickly! A beret's a lovely idea...

I found out I am pregnant again over the weekend so knitting pins are coming out of hibernation :D Lets bump this again and get chatting! If anyone wants to add me on Ravelry I'm saysib there too.

Congrats saysib!
I have pulled out my baby blanket and am having little spurts of knitting these days. I keep seeing patterns for sweaters and cute baby things, but I am not letting myself buy any new yarn until I get that blanket finished!
I'm also in the "use up the stash" mode and have found several patterns for baby sweaters that will clear out my odds and ends. They need to be fast and fun, or I just won't get to it! :) That's the reality of the baby and toddler combo.
What are you thinking of making saysib?

I know what you mean Sarah (I'm Sarah too :D ) my daughter is 3 and wants to do everything I'm doing so knitting is kept for evenings and those precious couple of hours when she's at nursery. I have the front half of a dress for DD on my needles right now, so I hope to get that finished and then start on a couple of the baby cardis. I have a huge queue on Ravelry right now, so hopefully I'll get some of it done this year :lol:

Hiya ladies, can I join you??

I just came in search of a knitting thread and it was right here :)

Iv just took some pics of some things I have knit in the past to share with you. I want to get back into it so I'm looking out for a good pattern.

Anyway, here's some of my creations:

Attachments

• 88da4e57.jpg
    88da4e57.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 51283dcc.jpg
    51283dcc.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 9d66d1ec.jpg
    9d66d1ec.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 9
  • 894f3819.jpg
    894f3819.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 2
  • f3c27fbb.jpg
    f3c27fbb.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Hun :)

I think this is going to be my next thing:
https://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyafheart.htm

Thanks Hun :)

I think this is going to be my next thing:
https://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyafheart.htm

I'm just finishing that! It's quite straight forward but looks fab and a lot more difficult than it was! :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->