Knitting Club

Hello,

Can I join? I've only been knitting a few months but today I've started my first thing with cabling which I'm really chuffed with. It's just a headband from a knitting magazine but I've never done cables before and I'm feeling quite impressed with myself.

Attachments

• cabling.jpg
    cabling.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 1
That's really impressive! I've never even attempted cable-that's amazing for a first try!

Thats gorgeous! I've never attempted cabling either, it looks so scary :lol: was it difficult to do?

I put it off, skipping all the nice patterns because I didn't think I'd be able to do it but decided to bite the bullet and give it a go today. It is actually really easy.

You follow the pattern just as usual. Where it says C6F is means Cable 6 Forward. C6B is Cable 6 back.

All you do is knit until this notation in the row. If it is C6F you slip 3 stiches purlwise onto a cable needle and hold it at the front or back of your work as required. Knit the next 3 stitches on the left hand needle then knit the 3 stitches on the cable needle.

There's a video here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn3I_JD7Ek4

Well done, Wannabe!
Looks great!

I love cabling!

The finished article. One cabled head band/ear warmer.

Attachments

• IMAG0022.jpg
    IMAG0022.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG0026.jpg
    IMAG0026.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 2
Thanks Hun :)

I think this is going to be my next thing:
https://www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/babyafheart.htm

I'm just finishing that! It's quite straight forward but looks fab and a lot more difficult than it was! :winkwink:

Can I ask what yarn you used? Im a bit unsure of that satin yarn but wanted to keep this one quite lite so it's more of a summer blanket :thumbup:

I used an Aran weight yarn but I think any double knitting wool would probably be ok? It really is lovely although I couldn't do it in front of the tv, far too much counting involved!

Haha, I can imagine! What colour did u do yours in? I'm thinking just White. I'm gonna keep my eye out for a nice soft double knit :)

Mine is a sort of 'off white'-not quite cream but not really bright white if that makes sense?! I started it when I was pregnant and we were team yellow so it seemed the best option.

i love knitting and crochet too. i have loads of wool but not sure what to knit lol.

^^ haha thats me! i have a massive family sized suitcase full of wool and no idea what to do with it :dohh: if it was nice colours id be alright probably but its mainly white :dohh:

Knit baby sweaters! :)
Seriously, if you have a bunch done up, you are SET whenever a friend has a baby.
Or you can find a fun hat or pattern like that and knit for charity.
Then you use up your stash with a satisfied conscience and are free to run out and buy more yarn. :yipee:

thats not a bad idea tbh, could even just make tons of blankies aswell, its all 3ply so really soft so could do it for preemies even x

If you are itching to knit something, but are being strict with yourself about using up stash, it works very well. And you feel so virtuous! :haha:
I have a baby sweater (the cabled raglan that I posted about in here a hundred years ago) that I plan to make my stash buster. Blankets are fun, too, and lots of lovely cabled patterns that would look beautiful in white.
I knit hats for cancer patients, once, too.

If you have lots of white wool, there's a pattern on the Sands website for a blanket they give to angel babies in hospital that I made a while ago. x

does anyone have any info about charities that accept stuff like that though, i wouldnt have a clue where to look :dohh: x

There are lots of preemie patterns online and you could contact your local neonatal unit to ask what they want/need?

Lots of patterns here https://www.eparenting.co.uk/knitfest/charityknitting.shtml

https://www.getknitting.com/ak_charity_knit.aspx
Here's another site with projects to knit for. :)

hi Ladies, can I jump in. had been thinking about going back to knitting and here was this great thread. am just ordering my wool and needles now!! anyone got any simple blanket patterns?

thanks all XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"