"Labor Inducing Yoga Dance" *Lets all try it* UPDATE

bmuir11207

Mother of 2 girls
Reaction score
I don't know if you ladys have seen this but i came across this post and i am trying it as we speak but....i could only do it twice and i started getting a cramp in my leg so instead of the lung/squat move i am bouncing on my ball ill keep you ladies updated how it goes here is the original post:

So in case anyone's interested, I'll paste below the "instructions" that yoga teacher sent me for those handy labor-inducing movements (and by the way, against her advice, I did start doing it in the afternoon, but luckily I wasn't too tired and went into full-fledged labor just a few hours later, resulting in a six-hour, middle-of-the-night, intervention-free, awesome and intense first-time labor). Anyway, here's what she sent me:

"First, do this rub-the-belly-squat thingy in the morning when you are really ready should labor start. If you do it at 4 pm and labor begins at 9 pm, you'll be tired! For as long as you can, try the following. Rub your belly with a flat palm quite vigorously in a clockwise circle, around around around (don't be shy to be firm with your touch), for 1 minute (the average length of a contraction). This will stimulate a Braxton Hicks contraction. Next, for 3 minutes (the average you-know-you're-in-labor-when length of break between contractions) do your own combination of a wide-legged lungy type of walking (big, wide-open pelvis---you'll look ridiculous, so do it where you can be free of onlookers!) and squats. Walk walk squat, walk walk lunge---whatever---for 3 minutes. Think wide pelvis, deep squats. You can also put one leg up on stairs and lunge upwards into it (easier than lunging down towards the ground!). Do this rub-the-belly for 1 minute and lunge-squat-walk for 3 minutes for as long as you can. Rest. Repeat! It has been known to bring labor on, if the body is ready. If it's not quite ready, rest and try again the next day. Don't get discouraged! Trust in your body. It's working just fine without too much messing with it!"

So i just did it for an hour again i couldn't do the squat/lung but i bounced on my ball for 3 mins instead

UPDATE: I have been having contractions that are increasing in strength about to go wake up husband to go get checked out at hospital
Decided to wait to wake him just to make sure

ive had a few contractions i am doing it again before bed we shall see

I'm not ready for labor (only 31weeks) but I'm curious. Stalking, good luck. Be safe.

That is too hard! I did stimulate a BH with the rubbing but I couldn't even make it 3 minutes lunging. Oh well, worth a shot! :)

hoping to get online tomm morning and see that you've gone into labor haha! good luck!

Too early (27 weeks) but will def be checking to see if it works for any of you :haha:

Awesome! I am so going to try this right now! Good luck :)

I just got woke up to contractions not sure if this is it or not ill keep you lady's posted

That is too hard! I did stimulate a BH with the rubbing but I couldn't even make it 3 minutes lunging. Oh well, worth a shot! :)

I could not do it very long either that is why I switch to bouncing on my ball for three min I stayed on the ball while doing the belly rub and threw some pelvis rotations in there. Also earlier I'm the day I turned on some music and was dancing while sitting on my ball (bouncing, moving hips side to side, front to back, clockwise, and counter clockwise)

OOOOH I am going to try this...I am excited!!

Have you had any more contractions? or are you in labour? :happydance:

I'm not gonna lie.. I'm pretty damn excited by the fact you may be in labour!!

still a bit early for me to try this, BUT i will keep this is mind for 38+ weeks!

its an exciting thought :) will try on a saturday or something so dh can help the rubbing part

I could not do it very long either that is why I switch to bouncing on my ball for three min I stayed on the ball while doing the belly rub and threw some pelvis rotations in there. Also earlier I'm the day I turned on some music and was dancing while sitting on my ball (bouncing, moving hips side to side, front to back, clockwise, and counter clockwise)

What are Pelvis rotations? And how much pressure due u put on your tummy while massaging. Lol, sorry I'm making notes and will deffo try this!

I'm soooo excited for you and can't wait to hear how you get on.

xxxxx

Nothing happened for me, but may try the 3 minute ball bouncing after 1 minute rubbing tonight :)

I put about the same amount of pressure as when I'm trying to feel for a bum or a foot. Gentle but not painful. Your pelvis rotates when you roll around on the top of your ball a bit, like you can feel your hips going deeper into the joint when you lean one way and the opposite when you lean the other way if that makes sense. I do them in circles :)

Thank you SpotlessMind.

How long did you try it for? Maybe your body isnt ready, but dont give up.
Get some rest and try again.

Good luck xx

I'm excited by this too. I'll be stalking this post waiting for news, think I may try this from Friday, the day I finish work. Keep us posted xx

Ok I tried this and now I've got pains high up in my bump. I've never had pains here before. I've still got the usual lower abdominal cramping that I've had for the past week but do you think I've just pulled my 'abs' lol? Or could something be happening?! x

Thank you SpotlessMind.

How long did you try it for? Maybe your body isnt ready, but dont give up.
Get some rest and try again.

Good luck xx

Yeah, as much as I'm tired of being pregnant I don't feel ready yet so I don't want to force anything. I only did one cycle because it makes me nervous! LOL! I thought I was going to start accupressure from 37 weeks but I can't bring myself to do it because I get butterflies lol I'm such a wuss. Just doing the dance to have a bit of fun and take the chance that my body's more ready than I thought :)

Since doing it yesterday, I've had a really tight, achey tummy with lots of "ooh, was that something??" :) hope so! Also, quite randomly, my nipples have gone really sensitive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->