• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Labor Watch!--MY UPDATE, hes here!!! pictures page 50-51. birth story somewhere befor

This all sounds great. When I was checked at 35 weeks I was told I was closed but my cervix was soft. The doctor told me I could start to dilate/efface within a few days. At 38 weeks on the dot I lost my plug with pink blood and had period cramps. I could pretty much bet I was beginning to dilate for the simple fact I had blood. When your cervix changes, you bleed. I went from 1cm at 38 weeks till 7 cm at 39 weeks on the dot. I know this is your first but things can still move pretty quickly. Keep active as much as you possibly can. When the contractions begin you'll know. For me, it was all day/night and into the morning of the day I had her. I bled even more and the contractions were still pretty irregular but they were doing something! Even when the doctor came in she would say "oh you're contracting beautifully", I'd look at the machine and I'm like "am I really? They feel more like pressure". Keep an eye on the pain and the bleeding. I say a few more days and you'll have your baby :)

Thanks everyone. I sure hope so.... I'm having a horrible day already! I'm tired and grouchy and all technology isn't working and I was late to work this morning because some dickwad in a delivery semi parked behind my car at a gas station while he delivered his order. The girl I'm training keeps bitching about "how cold" the office is. Bitch not only am I pregnant, but I am sick. I'm not going to sit here and fucking sweat when you have a long sleeve shirt on, a sweater and a jacket available. Suck it the fuck up. :growlmad:

Yay, I hope this is it for you! Well within the next few days anyway! :) Keep active, ball bouncing, squats, walk some...it will all help it along!

Thanks ladies. Still losing some mucous plug I think. This shit is gross!

And FFS! I posted something yesterday about how I was at the hospital and how everyone and their sisters are having babies right now. Well I ended up posting that I was going back home and no baby tonight. I'm seriously so f'ing sick of people telling me "He will come when he's ready!" OBVIOUSLY NO SHIT! If he was ready, he would be here. My apologies for being excited at the possibility of being able to hold and see my son finally, and my apologies for being disappointed that it won't be tonight! Someone else said how I "need to enjoy this time alone". Um, I've had 24 years of being alone. 3 years of heartache with the loss of two babies. I've had enough "alone" time. I'm ready for mommy time.

:growlmad:

It just sucks that I can't update the people who care, without having to listen to fucking people tell me stupid shit that I already know. Or make me feel bad for wanting my son to be here.
I seriously need to take my cranky ass back to bed. :growlmad: :cry:

:hugs: People need to think before they speak. It's so easy to say "he'll come when he's ready" when you're not the one carrying him and waiting so desperately for his arrival. I feel the same, and it's my 3rd baby, I KNOW babies have their own agenda. Doesn't make it any easier knowing that. I'm with you in the cranky boat. All day yesterday I was horribly crabby, today I feel even worse. I feel like clawing someone's head off. Had an awful morning with my daughter trying to get her off to school, and already yelled at DH twice today(and he's been at work since 6 am.:blush:) I am just super irritable. I think it's the hormones, they're making us crazy pregnant ladies!!! I hope little guy kicks it in gear and makes his way sometime in the next few days for you!

:hugs: People need to think before they speak. It's so easy to say "he'll come when he's ready" when you're not the one carrying him and waiting so desperately for his arrival. I feel the same, and it's my 3rd baby, I KNOW babies have their own agenda. Doesn't make it any easier knowing that. I'm with you in the cranky boat. All day yesterday I was horribly crabby, today I feel even worse. I feel like clawing someone's head off. Had an awful morning with my daughter trying to get her off to school, and already yelled at DH twice today(and he's been at work since 6 am.:blush:) I am just super irritable. I think it's the hormones, they're making us crazy pregnant ladies!!! I hope little guy kicks it in gear and makes his way sometime in the next few days for you!

I hope the same for the both of us! Thank goodness it's the weekend.

.I am letting nobody know when i'm going in, except my husband... And i'm only letting dh know because he'll have to get Sheldon lol.

My mil AND fil barged into my room last time when I was strapped to the monitor, naked from the waist down (covered with a sheet thank fuck). My mil says 'Oh hun, you have roadmap stretchmarks like me!' Then they paced outside the halls for 9 or 10 hours until I had my emcs. Then she got to hold my son before me, and that still bothers me to this day.

.I am letting nobody know when i'm going in, except my husband... And i'm only letting dh know because he'll have to get Sheldon lol.

My mil AND fil barged into my room last time when I was strapped to the monitor, naked from the waist down (covered with a sheet thank fuck). My mil says 'Oh hun, you have roadmap stretchmarks like me!' Then they paced outside the halls for 9 or 10 hours until I had my emcs. Then she got to hold my son before me, and that still bothers me to this day.

Oh I would have killed someone!!!! The first thing I'm telling my nurses when I go in is that I will be the first one to hold my baby, NO ONE ELSE!

Ooh Amsan, stalking! baby will be here when hes ready :haha: (only joking with you) haha!! I can imagine how annoying that is!!

Hope its not long for you, fX for stronger comtractions and you get to meet your boy soon!!

Eeeek you're nearly a mummy xx

I have a strange feeling he's gonna hold out for a couple more weeks :-(

I'm trying to find one of my friends with a lifted truck to go through some mud holes and see if that won't kick start some contractions lol!

All I know is that this shit hurts! And its frustrating to know it's not even doing anything :(

80% effaced is not bad at at all hun, and definitely progress! The more uncomfortable you become, the closer you are :D!

Chin up xx

Thanks! I have an appointment Monday. The doctor said we could DISCUSS induction options if my cervix/everything else is favorable and already progressing. If I'm still at a 1 though, he's not going to offer it. And I wouldn't take it. I don't know if I would take it anyway but at this point it's seeming very tempting! Even if we did schedule an induction, I would probably ask for him to wait until 40 weeks..

With any luck, you won't even be attending your Monday appointment :)

have you tried Evening Primrose - that meant to help you dilate if you put it up there.

We just went for a swift drive round the estate as it has huge speed bumps - don't think it done the car much good...but deff feeling crampy.

As others said a lot can happen in short period of time - so don't give up hope.

Well, being effaced is more important than being dilated. Once you efface labor can hit you out of nowhere. So you being 80% effaced is a great thing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"