Labor watching JUNE LADIES!! JOIN IN!!! :)

I think my body got some kind of memo saying I am now term because from that day on I've started having my first strong BH's and a fair bit of cramping in lower tummy/back. Also lots of pinching in my cervix and some weird pressure sensations there so hopefully she is starting to engage. It's weird feeling things like this and knowing I could still be a month away from giving birth! :dohh: Also the expected massive increase in discharge but no plug as of yet.
Trying to dtd every day from now if possible to soften my cervix. Otherwise just waiting it out and trying to keep myself occupied :coffee:
Still got prep to do so at least I've got that to focus on! More washing and got to get a few last bits for the birth. I'm quite content and happy, not horribly uncomfortable or anything which I feel very lucky for, but can't wait to meet her :cloud9:

I have had contractions every 5 minutes all night so I am now thinking of going to get checked but my husband doesn't want to drove all that way for nothing...I don't know what to do... But I am kind of excited as well!

Phone up your midwife and see what she has to say. Good luck if this is it.

I phoned and they told me to go. So I did and my cervix is 1cm and starting to open. It is soft and the baby's head is resting on it. She said that all I need now is contractions as when I got there they stopped of course... She thinks I will be back this week!

Had our final growth scan today at 37+3, she is measuring perfectly on track and estimated weight is currently 6lbs 11oz :) Everything looks healthy so we're all go for the home birth :thumbup: So happy and proud of her. She licked her lips while we were looking at her face on the scan, it was soo cute!

Hope everyone is doing well X

Had our final growth scan today at 37+3, she is measuring perfectly on track and estimated weight is currently 6lbs 11oz :) Everything looks healthy so we're all go for the home birth :thumbup: So happy and proud of her. She licked her lips while we were looking at her face on the scan, it was soo cute!

Hope everyone is doing well X

I keep seeing all these wonderful posts about growth scans and such! Here in Canada, we only get one scan at 20 weeks and that's it unless there are potential complications. :shrug: I was lucky enough to get a scan at 30 weeks because I had a low-lying placenta at 20 weeks (it moved up btw), but my technician was dreadful and I didn't get a good view of anything. This baby's appearance will definitely be a surprise! Haha.

Ah it's because I have a high bmi that I get growth scans, there are a few factors where they want to give you extra scans and bmi is one. Normally in the UK you only have the 12 and 20 week scans.

Ah it's because I have a high bmi that I get growth scans, there are a few factors where they want to give you extra scans and bmi is one. Normally in the UK you only have the 12 and 20 week scans.

Ahh kk right I forgot about the 12 week (which we get here too) because I opted out without really realizing it. The doctor referred to it as a test to check for things like down syndrome and such, and I was like nah that's okay, I'll love my baby no matter what! And then I realized I was missing an ultrasound and I was disappointed. lol silly ftm over here!!

Oh bless you 2pups, that's a shame! I'd say it was more the silly doctor not making it clear for you :/

Today I'm putting on a wash of the blankets/covers etc on the moses basket and it's making me so excited :blush:

I put the covers and blankets in his little cupboard last night. I was never this ready with my other two. Infact I wasn't ready at all :haha: This time round, I have everything, it's all washed and put away and now I play the waiting game! Although more cramps just now but fizzled out as soon as he got hiccups.

Look at all the June babies who are now at term! Birth announcements are going to start pouring in soon I'm sure!

Super exciting!! Can't believe we're almost there!

Eeeek so exciting it's happening so fast!!

I have been to the midwife today and baby's head is fully engaged but she's measuring 4 weeks ahead, so off for a scan tomorrow. She said they can't do a growth scan at this stage but will measure water and things, has anyone with previous pregnancies been for a scan before at 38 weeks?

I have been to the midwife today and baby's head is fully engaged but she's measuring 4 weeks ahead, so off for a scan tomorrow. She said they can't do a growth scan at this stage but will measure water and things, has anyone with previous pregnancies been for a scan before at 38 weeks?

I'm scheduled for a scan at 36w6d - they said to check baby's size and fluid levels. Not sure why they'd say they can't do a growth scan?

I'm scheduled for a scan at 36w6d - they said to check baby's size and fluid levels. Not sure why they'd say they can't do a growth scan?

I had my scan and they said they couldn't measure the baby at 38 weeks as babies too big now to get any accurate measurements, my fluid is on the upper level but nothing to worry about. so now they're just assuming baby is big and I'm being induced on Monday, I'm quite dissapointed as I didn't want to be induced but on the other hand I can't wait to meet my baby!

I had my scan and they said they couldn't measure the baby at 38 weeks as babies too big now to get any accurate measurements, my fluid is on the upper level but nothing to worry about. so now they're just assuming baby is big and I'm being induced on Monday, I'm quite dissapointed as I didn't want to be induced but on the other hand I can't wait to meet my baby!

I guess they won't get a good idea of my little one, either. Kinds stinks! But happy for you that you will be holding your wee one so soon!!!

Hi ladies ,

Hope it's ok if I join in... Think I may have posted here before but cud have been a different June thread. I find this one a lot easier to follow. Plus it seems like so many are expecting around the same date. My EDD is 15th June.

Like a lot of you, I've been having menstral type cramps and irregular contractions. They eased over the past week which I'm glad about as the cramps would last all night long and were so uncomfortable.

I've been drinking 4 cups of rlt a day and recently started epo.

How much epo should I be taking... Or are you taking? I'm just taking them orally.

This is my second and I'm feeling pretty calm about the impending labour... Even though I know what's coming 😣
I think I feel more mature (7 years on) and am hoping things go a bit smoother and I'm not as naive.

How are u all feeling today?

Kel x

Hi ladies ,

Hope it's ok if I join in... Think I may have posted here before but cud have been a different June thread. I find this one a lot easier to follow. Plus it seems like so many are expecting around the same date. My EDD is 15th June.

Like a lot of you, I've been having menstral type cramps and irregular contractions. They eased over the past week which I'm glad about as the cramps would last all night long and were so uncomfortable.

I've been drinking 4 cups of rlt a day and recently started epo.

How much epo should I be taking... Or are you taking? I'm just taking them orally.

This is my second and I'm feeling pretty calm about the impending labour... Even though I know what's coming 😣
I think I feel more mature (7 years on) and am hoping things go a bit smoother and I'm not as naive.

How are u all feeling today?

Kel x

Welcome Kel! :hi:

Yeah I'd like to hear what other people are taking as far as EPO too!

I've been having lots of braxton hicks, some painful, some not. I feel like he must be moving down because I'm getting up twice in the night now to go to the washroom after emptying my bladder right before bed when I used to get up MAX once a night, if that. I also have hip pain depending on how I'm laying in bed... so uncomfortable!

I have just over 1 week left on progesterone and then I'm freeee! Can't wait to stop taking those suppositories... ugh lol.

Having pain/pressure these last few weeks or so. A lot of lightning crotch too lol :( Mw confirmed that baby's head is starting to engage so maybe that's why..

Yay for the babies engaging!! Can't believe how fast it's come round!!

I'm being induced tomorrow!! Very nervous after my induction with my DD1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->