labour dreams - losing mentality

xpensivtaste

Reaction score
i had a dream last night that i was in labour and although i have been through it twice before and coped really well i dreamt that my mentality went out of the window and i couldn't handle it.
it was pretty scary.
i am trying to get into a place where i know i can take anything on but dreams like that are so unnerving and make me think i am not ready.
my last labour was very quick, i was too excited to worry about the pain and i stayed focused throughout. i fear this time i wont be so strong and i know if that is the case its going to make it a damn sight harder. i really hope my labour this time is as straight forward as last time and there are no complications. i still have 5 weeks to go yet so i dont expect it to be anytime soon but until now i have had very positive thoughts about it, now i'm not so sure!
does anyone else feel like this?

you think you have issues........

i had a dream i had a c section with ventous and the baby has seaweed for hair and a sever chest infection so they had to give her anti biotics, the epi wore off instantly and me and my baby walked out of theatre and went back to school.... why i went back to school i have no idea as i've just graduated from uni...

oh and the op was done in the boiler room whilst my OH sat outside in the car

have you tried hypnotherapy its really helped calm me down.........

no i havnt really given it much thought. my last labour was so quick, i just sorta went into labour mode and thought right this is it, keep it together and somehow i did.

i don't know how my labour will be but i know i am relaxed about it due to the CD's.... i feel like i can handle what ever is thrown at me, compared to a few months ago were i was freaking out about it

i am the opposite....i have been very calm about labour until now. its hitting home that 5 weeks isn't a long time. i'm sure when the time comes i will know what to do but still - its a little nerve-racking. many people seem to be using hypno-birthing these days suppose it couldnt hurt to look into. =)

I was totally fine about the labour too until I had a labour dream. It was all going so well and I was in the pool with no pain relief and handling the contractions well... and then I tore really badly. At that point I woke up and it really freaked me out. It made me wonder what I am actaully going to do and made me question my birth plan.

I know its just a dream, I also had a dream that my baby was born with a beard, so shouldn't pay any attention to it :haha:, but you cant help but worry. xx

Try not to worry, sometimes I think dreams are there to make pregnant women worry, you will do fine on the day, your body knows what it has to do and your baby will be perfect!

I have been trying Hypnobirthing due to CDs and I find I am a lot calmer now about the labour and birth, talk to your midwife about how you feel and she will give you some information and support as well.

:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"