lactose intolerance

BoLt_InFeRnO

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
anyones baby been/are lactose intolerant?

no one will let me see a diatican(sp) and i have no idea what to give/not give LO! :cry:

I have always used a lactose free like similac sensitive, or a store brand that is a lactose free. All my kids have had sensitive tummies and this seems to help a ton. You may have something similar there.

drs tested her. and she gets really bad belly after milk, cheese etc

Do you mean which formulas, or which foods? If it's lactose intolerance rather than cow's milk protein intolerance, there are lactose free formulas available. If it's food then you can get lactose free versions of milk, cheese, yogurt etc. I think you'd have to check labels for other stuff, and avoid anything that has milk in.

Hi hun, my son was lactose intolerant but fortunately he grew out of it.

Asda etc have very good lacto free ranges. Remember it's different from dairy allergy, just make sure you read labels.

It's ok once you find the products. If you need anything give me a shout

xxx

thanks Linzi. i didnt realise it was diffrent from dairy allergy.

sapphire1, ive been given wysoy by the drs. its just she is eating solids properly now, and it seems like she cant have much.

I'm lactose intolerance hun LactoFree is really good!

Thats discusting they wont refer you to a dietician even though she has a proven intolerance! I'd demand to see a different GP and ask for a referral xx

that's shocking, i would keep fighting to see a dietician.

i couldn't even get them to test LO, I had to use trial and error myself - luckily she isn't (think my breast milk was just too sugary :S)

ive booked another appt to see a dr. the stuff my last dr said was awful.

You can refer yourself to the dietician you dont need the midwife or HV to do it for you. Just phone the dietician at your local hospital i did and it was the best thing i ever did. I now get nutramigen baby milk on prescription. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->