ladies I've scared myself stupid

xnewxmummyx

Mummy, Daddy and Isobelle
Reaction score
Having read in a few posts ladies mention a blighted ovum, I decided to Google it - mistake!!

I am so terrified this is what has happened to me.

X

STEP AWAY FROM GOOGLE!!
Seriously, I worry about this too, along with eptopic pregnancy, mmc and the millions of other things that can go wrong. It's so hard in first tri but all we can do is wait and see, and remember that most pregnancies do turn out ok. I'm going to try to keep busy and pass the time for the next two weeks until my scan. I just want to know one way or the other what's happening in there.

STEP AWAY FROM GOOGLE!!
Seriously, I worry about this too, along with eptopic pregnancy, mmc and the millions of other things that can go wrong. It's so hard in first tri but all we can do is wait and see, and remember that most pregnancies do turn out ok. I'm going to try to keep busy and pass the time for the next two weeks until my scan. I just want to know one way or the other what's happening in there.

Thanks for the reply. I can't seem to help myself. I'm starting to drive my OH mad. I'm losing sleep over it now too. I've also got 13days left to my scan and it's dragging! I need to know what's happening in there

X

I'm the same way. If something is wrong I would rather know. My friend said to me yesterday that as long as I have sore boobs still I shouldn't worry then this morning I wake up and for yhe first time they have completely gone. Even when I prod them, nothing :(

I'm the same way. If something is wrong I would rather know. My friend said to me yesterday that as long as I have sore boobs still I shouldn't worry then this morning I wake up and for yhe first time they have completely gone. Even when I prod them, nothing :(

I haven't got sore boobs either. Just a bit of nausea.

X

That was a mean thing for your friend to say, some women have absolutely no symptoms whatsoever and have perfectly healthy pregnancies.

Definitely step away from google, all you can do is try to stay calm and think positively :flow: Or if it's driving you that crazy I'd fork out for a private scan.

I'm having a private scan at 8 weeks which is another two weeks. Seems like forever! I thought I'd leave it until then as if things are alright at 8 weeks the chances are better for them continuing ok.

I wish I could afford a private scan :cry:

Was going to ring my midwife but I don't know what to say xx

Don't google. It's horrid I google everything but no matter what you do or what you worry about you can't control what will happen my 1st pregnacey I had 4 scans one 2 days before my 12 week scan all fine went to my 12week scan had a mmc. All you can do is try and relax easier said than done as I spend many a day thinking I'm going to die.

When googling always read more than 1 site. I find that if you do that you get a better idea of things. I googled sch and 10 different sites came up either different info. After reading everything forget it all as nothing is textbook when dealing with real life

Google has taken over my life .. can't help it :( I also scared the hell out of my self and plus all these negitive posts about mmc and stuff .. deep down I am soo scared I can cry right now.. but trying to stay positive .. xx

Know you aren't alone. I woke this morning worried to...

If only we had little windows to take a peek in there and make sure everything is ok. :/

And for whoever mentioned the sore boobs. With all of my pregnancies I didn't get sore boobs until after I gave birth and was breast feeding.

Omgosh, I'm in the same boat too! I've had both a mmc and a mc before so I worry my head off about having another or a blighted ovum, etc. It's SO nerve wracking! So far I've managed to stay off of Google (yeah I know better) but it doesn't stop me from worrying. :dohh: I know what all can go wrong and it scares me pea green! Ugh! It's especially bad right now as I'm waiting on my 2nd hcg count to come back (should of yesterday) that I had drawn on Monday but we're in middle of a snow/ice storm here and I'm not even sure my doctor's office bothered to open today. So knowing my luck I wont hear back from them about it till Thursday or Friday! UGH UGH UGH!! :wacko: But for reassurance I did another test this morning and the test line came up fast and first and is blood red dark as heck and the control line is pretty faint haha. I think it's the darkest it's been yet so I'm thinking that's a good thing.

As for symptoms, ladies, I never get sore boobs! My main symptoms tend to be fatigue, thirstiness, peeing more, hungry more, cravings, and food aversions. MS usually doesnt kick in until week 6. I've had one or two days so far where all of my signs seemed to disappear only to come right on back so I think as our hormone levels continue to vary as they rise that the symptoms that go with them do too. But I too wish we had some kinda little window to our wombs to see what is going on in there lol! :winkwink: We all just gotta hang in there and play the hurry up and wait game which I despise! :haha:

Oh and as I'm 5 weeks along today, this is when I mc'ed last time. So I'm definitely a bit nervous today.
But yeah I'm right here with you ladies and feeling the same way you do and glad to be a shoulder to lean on if anyone wants or needs to as we are all in this together! :hugs:

I feel exactly the same as you all! I'm so scared about having a mmc :( I can't sleep at night because it worries me so much :( I caved and booked a private scan. It's this coming Monday and I should be just about 8 weeks. Hopefully everything will be ok.

I could cry I'm so worried :cry:

Ive almost convinced myself ive got cancer and I'm not actually pregnant.....

I used to have severe anxiety which made me a total hypochondriac. I'd google everything and every week I swear I gave myself a new diagnosis of some horrible fatal disease. I lived in constant fear of everything!

The only thing that helped was stepping away from absolutely everything, I even stopped watching shows like greys anatomy because I'd convince myself I was suffering from whatever was on the show. Please take a step back and some deep breaths, maybe take a break from the forum until after your scan, before you worry yourself into even more of a state :hugs:

I suffer from health anxiety too and have in the past made myself really ill with worry from googling stuff. It's hard, but Google never offers reassurance, it will only ever make you feel worse. I still give in to Google sometimes but honestly, I've wasted whole days on it in the past. I totally know how you feel. If you've never tried mindfulness, next time you are tempted to Google, Google that instead as it can really help.

seriously, don't google anything.. I was googling everything until my first appointment at 7weeks.. I asked so many google questions at that appointment, my obgyn told me to stop googling, everyone can post online, and a lot of people tend to post the negative things because when positive things happen they are too busy being happy to actually google anything.. and second thing, not everyone that posts on the web is a doctor.. if you're ever really really freaked out, call your clinic/hospital/nurse/midwife and ask them directly.. if you think you have a blighted ovum, mention it to them and I'm sure they will call you in and do a sanity check for you.. don't worry and try to relax..

hehehe. i wish i could take some of my own advice. :) we're all in the same boat honey, at least for this first trimester, just take it as it comes, don't get worried ahead of something happening, it will just stress you out!

I've gotten myself into a panic too hunny. I finally just had to step away from dr. Google and all the negative information and just pray about it. All I can do is take care of myself. Nothing else we can control really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->