Ladies TTC After Birth Control

Welcome Labmommy! Your story is very similar to the rest of us. I pray it doesn't take long for you to conceive since DH is so eager. I see you have been TTC for 3 months now. What have you been doing to try to BD on the right days, at the right times, etc? Also, are you taking any meds to help out your body or detoxing anything? I am asking b/c it may be helpful for the rest of us who have been trying for our miracle. Thanks.

Hey ladies can ya'll go to the ovulation thread and check out the post i made. Idk what those lines are. Idk if i am close to ovulation or if it just means nothing. I need help b/c i am really new to all of this!

Name: Anne
Age(only if you want): 24
Which type of Birth Control you were on: Yasmin
How long you were on it: 15 months consistently, on and off before that for another year or 2
How long have you been off it: 11 months
Months/cycles TTC: 5
Are your cycles regular since coming off: before the pills my cycles were 27 days like clockwork, since then it is between 28-31 days, not so bad but i'd love it to go back to clockwork status.
What made you realize you were ready to start TTC: DH and i just decided it was time after being together 5 years and being married for 1.

Right now i chart my temps, take multivitamins and EFAs (for general health, not just for ttcing) and i take maca. i did a thorough cleanse 2 months ago to try and get the residue of the pills out of my system, hoping that will do the trick for me and i'll get my BFP soon.

Welcome Labmommy! Your story is very similar to the rest of us. I pray it doesn't take long for you to conceive since DH is so eager. I see you have been TTC for 3 months now. What have you been doing to try to BD on the right days, at the right times, etc? Also, are you taking any meds to help out your body or detoxing anything? I am asking b/c it may be helpful for the rest of us who have been trying for our miracle. Thanks.

Hi again Ladies!
@awaiting- I have may have gotten ahead of myself with plann ing/organizing days for BD. I began prenatal vitamins as soon as I stopped BC to help restore some vitamins AND 500mg B12, fish oil(no mercury), EPO (i've been off and on) due to issues with low cm. I also heard drinking a lot of water helps cleanse your system while you're awaiting your first "natural" AF after BC. I have an app on my phone called "My days" where I it tracks my ovulation and cycle based on what I enter from the last month. It also keeps track of the days we BD. It's been helpful to look at when I do get my AF so I can look at the days I BD'd and see if I can notice a trend of what days I skip to predict ovulation for next month. I am starting opk's from e-p-t site this month. I haven't tracked my BBT, I applaud those of you who can track that religiously!
What about you ladies....what have we all been up to since BC? :winkwink:

Good news ladies. I ov'ed 2 days after taking Vitex. Bad news is that was the only day in the entire 3 weeks where we only BD'ed once or twice in the fertile period (3 and 5 days before). :dohh::dohh:

Let's see how it'll help AF if I don't get a BFP. For now, I'll give it 2 tentative thumbs up. :thumbup:

I haven't tracked my BBT, I applaud those of you who can track that religiously!

I charge my iphone right next to my bed and have the alarm on it every morning (including weekends). My bbt thermometer is on my night table. Once I finish temping, I enter the temp on my phone bbt app and fall back asleep. Sometime during the day and add the temp onto FF.

It's just a habit now, but the first week I kept leaving the bed like usual and forgetting to temp. Luckily I knew my scatter brain tendencies and started temping a week before AF started to see what works for me.

Good news ladies. I ov'ed 2 days after taking Vitex. Bad news is that was the only day in the entire 3 weeks where we only BD'ed once or twice in the fertile period (3 and 5 days before). :dohh::dohh:

Let's see how it'll help AF if I don't get a BFP. For now, I'll give it 2 tentative thumbs up. :thumbup:

Well I ov'd since taking vitex too. I am hoping to get a BFP but IDK. I pray this is my month.

Hi again Ladies!
@awaiting- I have may have gotten ahead of myself with plann ing/organizing days for BD. I began prenatal vitamins as soon as I stopped BC to help restore some vitamins AND 500mg B12, fish oil(no mercury), EPO (i've been off and on) due to issues with low cm. I also heard drinking a lot of water helps cleanse your system while you're awaiting your first "natural" AF after BC. I have an app on my phone called "My days" where I it tracks my ovulation and cycle based on what I enter from the last month. It also keeps track of the days we BD. It's been helpful to look at when I do get my AF so I can look at the days I BD'd and see if I can notice a trend of what days I skip to predict ovulation for next month. I am starting opk's from e-p-t site this month. I haven't tracked my BBT, I applaud those of you who can track that religiously!
What about you ladies....what have we all been up to since BC? :winkwink:

I've been temping and taking vitex daily. That is really it. I used OPK's several times and got a positive 2 days ago so we will see how this works out.

what is this Vitex ladies? i havnt heard of it before... ive also heard maybe we should be taking folic acid (apparently the earlier the better even when TTC) - its meant to give the baba a better start, however it can also create too much iron in your blood and my doc hasnt told me to take it as yet.
I have evening primrose oil but im not taking it as yet, i wasnt sure if i needed to?

Baby :dust: to all of you :D :spermy: = :baby:
xxx

what is this Vitex ladies? i havnt heard of it before... ive also heard maybe we should be taking folic acid (apparently the earlier the better even when TTC) - its meant to give the baba a better start, however it can also create too much iron in your blood and my doc hasnt told me to take it as yet.
I have evening primrose oil but im not taking it as yet, i wasnt sure if i needed to?

Baby :dust: to all of you :D :spermy: = :baby:
xxx

Vitex is supposed to help your cycles and help you O (or O sooner). I am taking prenatal vitamins as well as an additional 800 mg of folic acid per day. I have not tried the primrose oil but have been drinking grapefruit juice often. :dust: to you as well.

@maddog- that's some wise thinking you are using there, I wonder if my "my days" app has something for the bbt, if so, I might start that next cycle if I don't get my bfp this month(fx'd)
Thanks for the tip!

Hmm- great idea! APPS! HAH!
Anyone else just feel horrible after BC? I'm still getting AF but sooo much pain! This cycle it hasn't gone away- Dr says if it lasts another 2 months they want to see if I have endometriosis- and they say not likely- but a possibility!
I'm still blaming BC for all this! I hope this feeling goes away and I (along with all of you!) can get my BFP soon. I'll take the pain and nausea going away though.

I jsut dicovered this site (and now this thread thanks to a search)

Age(only if you want): 31
Which type of Birth Control you were on: Yasmin
How long you were on it: 6 years
How long have you been off it: 2.5 months
Months/cycles TTC: NTNP but hoping to get pregnant
Are your cycles regular since coming off: I haven't had AF yet, for 2.5 months!
What made you realize you were ready to start TTC: I ideally want two kids and with my age, the time is NOW!:)

I am so glad I found this thread. I've been worried sick about having had no period for 2.5 months. I started temping almost a month ago to see if I can discern some sort of pattern and my chart tells me I may have ovulated 16 days ago. I'll believe it when I see AF but she's STILL not here:(

Hi Ithink!
I've been lucky to have AF coming (only late).
I'm supposed to O tomorrow (YAY! DF COMES HOME TODAY so we can :sex: tonight!) but I did have some EWCM on Monday night- Lucky for me DF and I got to :sex: Sunday! I don't know though- it is kinda early and my cervix says otherwise.
We'll see! DFs sister just announced that she's pg (4-5 weeks if I calculate right) so I'm hoping to jump on that bandwagon soon! (We won't be bump buddies though!)

Hey ladies, its around ov time for me too so i'm trying to get in some bding. Trying to keep it to every 36 hours or more though so that the lil swimmers have time to rebuild in between sessions.

Sorry ladies but I haven't checked on you all in some days. How is everyone doing? Did ya'll O yet and if so, how many dpo are you? I think I am 5 dpo. I think, not sure. Been taking temps of fertility friend and that is basically what it gave me along with 2 + on the OPK about 7-8 days ago. :dust: to all and I will be praying for you ladies.

DF came home so we :sex:. Only chance- maybe tomorrow morning too. I'm thinking that I'm in the process of O because of the cramping! I had EWCM two days ago though too. O I hope this my month! I hope we all get our BFPs!!!

I hope so too Miss Fox. Hope all goes well with you and DH since you are around O time. I hope we both get our BFP's. I will be testing in six days!!!

awaiting-
I had cramping starting on the 14th and lasting through yesterday night. I'm feeling fine now so that must have been O. DF and I didn't dtd last night but we did the night before so I am HOPING that this month it works for us! Also I had some more ewcm yesterday morning! COMMON!!!!
Good luck to all of you out there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->