Ladies TTC After Birth Control

Good luck ladies!
I haven't had a positive opk yet. Light or faint lines only. I do feel cramping though, this is now day 16 of somewhere between a 30-35 day cycle. I am not sure if I should wait to bd for a positive opk or hope that my body is the one telling me the right thing to do??? Though I guess I could have cramps and pop positive tomorrow. Slight sign of ewcm yesterday, none today.

I think you should just :sex: every other day until you get a +. After that + I would go at it daily to get the :spermy: a chance to be waiting for the egg.

Hello! I know I'm coming in kind of late, but I thought maybe I could join you ladies on this TTC journey.

Name: Laney
Age(only if you want): 21
Which type of Birth Control you were on: Pills then Mirena
How long you were on it: 4 years, then 3 months
How long have you been off it: a week
Months/cycles TTC: this is #1
Are your cycles regular since coming off: I doubt it.. I haven't had a regular cycle without hormones ever.
What made you realize you were ready to start TTC: Had a ton of pregnancy symptoms and took a test - hoped it was positive. Talked to OH and we decided if we both want a :bfp: why be on bc? So I had mirena removed.

I do have a question for you ladies. My cycle has NEVER been regular unless I was on the pill (which is one reason I was on the pill). I am not really expecting them to become regular without help. Does anyone have any advice for getting them regular or something I could say to my doctor to get some help? Did anyone get that :bfp: while their cycles were still irregular?

Hi Rainy and welcome! You can get pregnant with irregular cycles but u need to know when you ovulate. So it will help if you use OPKs and chart your temperatures. Keeping an eye on your CM might help you pinpoint your fertile period too.

I already have some OPK, but I don't even know when to begin taking them. I don't want to be late, but I don't want to waste a bunch of them if my cycle is gonna be 45 days. I guess temps would be best because I can do those everyday without extra cost. I just don't have a thermometer... Well, since the witch is still hanging out around here, I guess I have some time to get one. I'm just ready for my LO.

Do you notice any difference in your CM throughout your cycle? I think that would b the best way to know cause usually you'd have ewcm a few days before ov so that would give u an idea when ov might come and when you can start using the opks.

Congrats on joining us Rainy. Hope all goes well and if I were you I would do what AJ says. You can do it hun!

since coming off BC my cycles have been fairly regular thankfully but i did notice that i would have this really annoying spotting for days before AF actually arrived. *TMI Alert* i also noticed that AF smelt....pretty bad. But i did a cleanse 2 or 3 months ago and since then the spotting has stopped and AF has no smell now so hopefully it means my body is getting cleaned up.

I have also been drinking A LOT of water- just to make sure that I'm flushing the toxins out of my body (and it doesn't hurt the CM either!) Also, check around the forum to see what other ladies do to help increase their EWCM (grapefruit juice works- I got EWCM starting on CD11 this cycle) Also- checking your cervix can help you figure out when you are gonig to O.
Good luck Rainy!

Yea, I love grapefruit juice. I always have. So now I have an excuse to drink a lot of it! I am not a big water drinker, so staying hydrated (and quitting caffeine) hopefully will help with the cm. This is my first cycle ttc and AF just left town. I'll be watching for that cm to start testing, and I think I'm gonna get a thermometer today. I think charting will do me some good. I like the organization of it and the structure it gives me. I *used* to have a digital thermometer, but in the process of moving a couple months ago, almost everything I own is nowhere to be found. :dohh: But that's on my baby-making to-do list - unpack and organize!

Name: Kelly
Age(only if you want): 25
Which type of Birth Control you were on: mini pill femulen
How long you were on it: 3years
How long have you been off it: 2days
Months/cycles TTC: n/a
Are your cycles regular since coming off: not sure yet
What made you realize you were ready to start TTC: everything, we want to have another child :happydance:

Heres :dust: to all TTC

Thank you missfox :hi:

Im in limbo at the moment as I thought I Ovulated 4/5 days ago(hence the ticker) however experiencing some very bad low left hand side abdominal pain :wacko:

Ah well be glad when I have my first proper cycle :D

Non of my friends yet know were TTC as we had some negative remarks when we first mentioned it :cry:

Welcome kelly!!! I pray this means something good, Fx'd. Hope you get your :bfp: soon.

Im in limbo at the moment as I thought I Ovulated 4/5 days ago(hence the ticker) however experiencing some very bad low left hand side abdominal pain :wacko:

Ah well be glad when I have my first proper cycle :D

Non of my friends yet know were TTC as we had some negative remarks when we first mentioned it :cry:

I just want to say to not worry too much about normal abdominal pain/cramps. I had left, right, front and back, all sorts of random pains starting about 2 weeks before ov (when I SHOULD'VE ov'ed under an ideall cycle) that went on and off til .. well, now. Dull pains, sharp pains, gurgly rumbly pains, pulls, etc.

If you temp, you'd know if you ov'ed or not. Maybe try that out to take that variable out of the equation? FXed for you!

I am here to officially give my thumbs up to at least Vitex and Preseed, possibly to B6/complex as well.

As I said in my previous post, I was obviously having problem ovulating in the first 20 days. Temps were up and down; it seems like my body wanted to release the egg but wasn't able to. It seems it needed just a little push.

I took B6 starting CD20, then decided to start Vitex on CD22. I ov'ed CD24. Stopped Vitex 3 days later when I was sure I ov'ed. Continued taking Prenatal and B100 Complex. We used Preseed during BD.

I'm convinced that if I didn't take Vitex, I would have had an anovulatory cycle.

Now 15dpo, I got my BFP. Hopefully it'll stick. I can now take the bottle of Vitex out of my purse, and maybe I won't sound as much like a pill popper/drugdealer when I walk around!

I'm with you there Kelly, not many know I'm TTC because it's a bunch of
"you're crazy"
"You're not ready"
"what are you goin to do about the wedding" and so on! I'd just rather not deal with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->