Ladies who have BF 2+ LOs

superfrizbee

Love my princess & prince
Reaction score
So I had a great nursing relationship with DD and for the most part - bar the first three weeks - loved feeding her. She's just recently self weaned when I was about 6-7 weeks pregnant, which I was ready for. I'm now looking ahead to baby number 2 and wondered if you ladies felt the same enthusiam and happiness feeding your second as your first? I'm sure in the early days it will be hard juggling nursing and a toddler, so any insights or tips will be greatly appreciated. I just worry that because I fed DD for so long, I might mentally "tire" of feeding my second quicker, and I dont want that.

I am tandem feeding #2 and #3 right now. My daughter is 27mo and my son is 2 weeks. I also nursed my first son for 19mo (he weaned when I was 14w pregnant). I definitely didn't "tire" of nursing quicker as nursing all my kids has been quite different.

This time around I have a toddler and a preschooler as well, and they have been really great with the helping and waiting if I am nursing. Nursing in the wrap has been really helpful when I've been out and about with the kids and need my hands. Wraps and carriers are pretty much a lifesaver!

Yep same happiness, it did shock me that it would be hard at the beginning again though, it took me and my daughter 7 weeks to grasp it, but it took 8 weeks with my son, it didn't help that he had to be in NICU and he had tongue tie though. But all positive and lovely once everything was established :)

I found that breastfeeding #2 was far more practical than anything else. I felt no real emotional attachment, it just felt like "this is what this child needs" and found myself far more synchronized with him, if that makes sense?

I wanted to nurse him until 2 but he self-weaned at 16 months and even though I felt tired of it long before he weaned, it never occurred to me to stop because no matter how "old" your 2nd child is, they will always be just a baby to you.

I'm having a hard time articulating this, LOL. But I'm saying - trust yourself that even IF you get sick of it, you won't feel the same urge to quit that you might have been when you were having frustrating moments with #1.

I am tandem feeding #2 and #3 right now. My daughter is 27mo and my son is 2 weeks. I also nursed my first son for 19mo (he weaned when I was 14w pregnant). I definitely didn't "tire" of nursing quicker as nursing all my kids has been quite different.

This time around I have a toddler and a preschooler as well, and they have been really great with the helping and waiting if I am nursing. Nursing in the wrap has been really helpful when I've been out and about with the kids and need my hands. Wraps and carriers are pretty much a lifesaver!

I'm definitely getting a wrap this time! I'm thinking if getting a close carrier but interested to hear what you manage to feed in, and if you'd recommend it?

I'm definitely getting a wrap this time! I'm thinking if getting a close carrier but interested to hear what you manage to feed in, and if you'd recommend it?

I've never used a close carrier, but I use a boba wrap which looks similar in pictures. It is a great carrier for small babies but they will get too heavy for it eventually (if it is a stretchy wrap like the boba). I can BF in the boba but it takes a bit of readjusting. I also BF in a ring sling and in a woven wrap! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->