Ladies who Premake Daily formula!!!???

D

Divinebeauty

I don't pre make my bottles right now, but would like to.

I usually boil the water and add the formula in as needed from the formula dispenser container in the fridge, and micro as needed ...

Ava has been wasting so much formula sometimes she will go 2 hrs.. sometimes 3 and sometimes 4 but when she goes 2 she doesn't eat as much at all, so I am wasting so much out of the bottles! Sometimes I think she just wants a top up..

I want to pre make the formula and keep it in a container and pour as much as I need to in the bottles,

How much formula/water do I add

She has usually 6 oz 5x a day. I would want to make the max in case she has a hungry day.

Also how long is a bottle good for while out if placed on ice pack?

lastly will making formula this way make her constipated? seems every time I pre made single bottles she would get constipated, no idea why. Maybe just coincidence

Thanks in advance:cloud9:

Mariciana xx

I always pre made and will again. I did them in their individual bottles, not sure if that is what u mean or if u wanted to make it all up in a jug or something? Im not sure the latter would be ok as you'd be constantly opening up the container and possibly introducing bacteria etc, also sterilsing the container could be tricky. You need to add one scoop of formula per onz of water. I think I rmbr the guidlines were dont keep out for longer than 2 hrs, but tbh if I felt the bottle and it was still cold after that time id still use it.

Hmm interesting question. I would think as long as whatever you make it up in has a lid and you store it in the fridge for no longer than 24hrs there shouldn't be any problem.

As for when you go out if you have a good cool bag that holds the ice pack close to the bottle I find on a not too hot day they last up to 6hrs and are still very cold, but they should last at least 4hrs xx

i only ever have 1 pre made bottle in the fridge, whilst im waiting for tht to warm up i make another and pop it in the back of the fridge, longest its in there is 4 hours. it takes too long to wait for the kettle to cool etc so i do it this way :)

Thank you ladies, oh so you can't really make it in a jug then? I should just make pre make them in the bottles? hmm that really defeats the purpose of why I want to make them pre made..

Thanks ladies!

Im not sure hun, I personally wouldnt do it and havent heard of it being done, but for all I know therr could be loads of ppl who do it. Prob best thing to do is phone the health visitors and see what they say. X

it would work as the same principle as a bottle (having one big one to decant from)..max time to use once open is 2 hrs after that its not advisable..good thought tho!

dont ring the HV and ask, ur not meant to pre make full stop :haha: so she will say not to regardless of how u want to do it lol

you could just premake a couple of smaller bottles so that if you think your lo is just after a top up you can use one of these rather than a 6oz bottle.
My lo usually has 4oz but sometimes has another oz. Rather than make 5oz bottles each time and throw some away, I make 4oz bottles and then make a few oz up in a spare bottle which has an airtight lid, then I can top up if lo decides to have a bit more.
I store boiled water in the fridge and then add the powder and heat when needed (I heat the water to a high temp i the microwave, add the powder and then cool to drinking temp).
J x

If we warmed Evie's bottles we would premake. But as she takes it at room temp its easier to just have the cooled water waiting in the bottles to add powder to.

Jenfren- Thank you!! for some reason I never though of that, but that will work for me for sure! That is really all I need it for. I was thinking now you said that, I have 8 oz bottles, maybe if i made an 8 oz because she usually takes 6 if she wants more of less I still have 2 oz to work with!!

Thanks for the reply...

dont ring the HV and ask, ur not meant to pre make full stop :haha: so she will say not to regardless of how u want to do it lol

Wish I would of read this first lol!! I got a lecture on pre make... I should of known. She said NEVER pre make bottles because of the bacteria, and this and that. :wacko:

aww dnt worry.just hide the evidence if she eva visits :haha:

aww dnt worry.just hide the evidence if she eva visits :haha:

Haha, will do bottles are usually on the counter steralized when she comes :happydance: She can't tell by the bottles how I make my formula :nope:

If i listened to everything she said I would be nutty...:haha:

I just have a flask made up of warm boiled water made through the day and make them up as I go along. Measured the powder out into the little tub dispensers so it's quicker. I just make sure I change the boiled water every thre-four hours or so that it doesn't build up bacteria. I have a jug of cold water to bring the temp of the bottle to room temp. It works for me and it's good for when we're out and about. My little girl will only take her formula if it's warm.

Wish I would of read this first lol!! I got a lecture on pre make... I should of known. She said NEVER pre make bottles because of the bacteria, and this and that. :wacko:

Print a copy of the world health organisation guidelines on pre- making formula and tell her that's what advice you follow if she has a go. The government and nhs follow WHO guidelines themselves, hence all the pushing of breast is best.

https://www.who.int/foodsafety/publications/micro/PIF_Bottle_en.pdf

Yeah I do that too, I have a bottle of sterile water and I just pour that into bottle warm it up, add the formula form the dispenser to the water and shake.

I was trying to figure out a way to make it all for the day, in a bottle and pour as needed, but I guess.. theres no way! So now I am just making an extra 8 oz bottle, and putting that in the fridge so if she wants more after a bottle, i just pour into bottle and warm, no messing around with the water.formula!

If i take too long to get that extra bit of milk she wants she will refuse it ive found! lol stubborn baba!!

I have always done it this way: Make all the bottles in the morning (started with 6 bottles, now down to 4). Fill them with boiled water. Then they stay sat on the side (not in the sun), and I just put the amount of formula in she needs. I fill some pots with ready-counted scoops of formula if I'm having a busy day or going out, otherwise I just get it out the box. I don't warm LO's bottles as she takes them at room temperature and doesn't mind either way.

Print a copy of the world health organisation guidelines on pre- making formula and tell her that's what advice you follow if she has a go. The government and nhs follow WHO guidelines themselves, hence all the pushing of breast is best.

https://www.who.int/foodsafety/publications/micro/PIF_Bottle_en.pdf

Thanks for this link Big Betty :thumbup: I might start premaking, as I don't always know when she wants feeding so waste loads of formula. Also she is sometimes crying for ages while I try and cool the bloody stuff down :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->