Ladies who Premake Daily formula!!!???

You can buy ready-made cartons and just take a bit from them, aslong as they're used within 24 hours :)

You can buy ready-made cartons and just take a bit from them, aslong as they're used within 24 hours :)

do u know what, why didnt anyone else think of tht :rofl:

i have been trying to rack y brain thinking of a way to help her :haha: :dohh:

I pre-make mine and have done with both of my babies. I make them up in the bottles using freshly boiled water, add powder, stick them in a tub with cold water and ice in then put them in the fridge within about 10-15 mins. According to page 16 of this https://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_124526.pdf you can keep them in the fridge for up to 24 hours (although they don't recommend it) x

I used to boil the water before i went to bed and fill up however many bottles he used to have with water and put them in the fridge so when he fussed and was hungry id take it out the fridge do the scoops and in the microwave x

I pre-make mine and have done with both of my babies. I make them up in the bottles using freshly boiled water, add powder, stick them in a tub with cold water and ice in then put them in the fridge within about 10-15 mins. According to page 16 of this https://www.dh.gov.uk/prod_consum_dh/groups/dh_digitalassets/documents/digitalasset/dh_124526.pdf you can keep them in the fridge for up to 24 hours (although they don't recommend it) x

That is exactly how the World Health Organisation recommends pre-making formula - which is who the government and NHS get their guidelines from.

It is fine to keep them in the fridge for up to 24hrs xx

Hi ladies,

Im just doing my research - all the info is saying not to use the micro to re heat the bottles but some ladies are saying it is ok.......

Which is which lol........

xx

Hi ladies,

Im just doing my research - all the info is saying not to use the micro to re heat the bottles but some ladies are saying it is ok.......

Which is which lol........

xx

It's not recommended because of the risk of hot spots but as long as you shake it really well it will mix the hotspots in and make the milk all the same temperature. I've microwaved Fran's since birth xxx

Ok brill thank you.

xxx

No probs. If you are taking one from the fridge it's best to start with about 20secs and give an extra 10 secs until you get it to the right temperature. Obviously it all depends on how much milk is in the bottles, how cold they are, how warm LO likes their milk and the wattage of the microwave xx

im expressing what little milk i have left to top lily up with. wheni run out, ive got cartens. you can give them at room temp too so when she is being greedy or wont settle i give her an oz more or however muh that takes her to settle, and put the rest in the fridge to warm up later for a feed... i get the aptamil cartons n there only like 65p each in asda

Yeah I use the micro all the time, I always shake the bottle well so I know she wont get any hot spots!! My lo is just to impatient to wait for a bottle warmer, or to cool down the bottle!!

So I guess I am just going to do as I am doing keep bottles full of boiled water, and warm add the scoops and feed. I cant pre-make all of them in the bottles and store in fridge because I use the drop in liners system bottles.. and you cant microwave those for long or they burst!:haha: grr.. Wish Lo would of stuck to a different bottle.

Anyways I have searched and searched and I don't see any 'safe' way of making a whole jug of milk and warm as needed... Nor would I have any idea how to go about doing so! I have seen ladies do it , but that is like when they are out and about? Like the zoo this lady pulled out a WHOLE jug of formula premade out of her cooler and poured into bottle.. should of asked her how she did it LOL :haha:

Thanks ladies for all the repliess!! Greatly appreciated xx

I make the bottles up and put them in the fridge and warm up slightly when LO needs it cant store them for more than 24 hrs though. As for going out i heard some people just fill their bottles up with freshly boiled water and add the formula when needed so theres no waste and no rush to use in 2 hours dunno if that is safe to do.

I make the bottles up and put them in the fridge and warm up slightly when LO needs it cant store them for more than 24 hrs though. As for going out i heard some people just fill their bottles up with freshly boiled water and add the formula when needed so theres no waste and no rush to use in 2 hours dunno if that is safe to do.

Yes that's fine to do as long as you use it within 2hrs. What I do is take my pre-made bottles out in a cool bag with an ice pack and pop to a cafe to heat one - gives me the chance to have a cup of tea and an iced bun too :haha:

If I know Fran will want a bottle pretty much as soon as we arrive where we are going - like today I'm catching the 11am bus into town and she will need a feed as soon as we get there - I will heat the bottle before we leave the house and make it just slightly warmer than usual then it cools to the right temperature as we travel.

Yes that's fine to do as long as you use it within 2hrs. What I do is take my pre-made bottles out in a cool bag with an ice pack and pop to a cafe to heat one - gives me the chance to have a cup of tea and an iced bun too :haha:

If I know Fran will want a bottle pretty much as soon as we arrive where we are going - like today I'm catching the 11am bus into town and she will need a feed as soon as we get there - I will heat the bottle before we leave the house and make it just slightly warmer than usual then it cools to the right temperature as we travel.

Haha I use this trick too! I always warm my water I am taking out slightly warmer if I know she will need to eat soon too!! And I should take a pop into a cafe more often lol, but I don't usually I do the walk around the supermarket feeding my baby style lol!!!:haha:

Im classsy! What can I say:coffee::thumbup:

So u have to use the water within 2 hrs even if theres no formula in it?

i hve been known to feed Jaiden on the school run lol pushing the pram and holding the bottle and watchin where im goin is a proper talent act :rofl:

Haha I use this trick too! I always warm my water I am taking out slightly warmer if I know she will need to eat soon too!! And I should take a pop into a cafe more often lol, but I don't usually I do the walk around the supermarket feeding my baby style lol!!!:haha:

Im classsy! What can I say:coffee::thumbup:

I fed Fran on a bus once lol

So u have to use the water within 2 hrs even if theres no formula in it?

Nope, sterile water is good for 24 hrs.. I usually dump it out when I wash bottles again that night, and boil fresh water for the clean bottles! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->